Mr 600

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I just looked and no one is on my ignore list. There have been a few but either they have mellowed out or I have. It helps to avoid certain fora.:wink:
His comment was referencing the comment he made about the guy who commented about the first comment and in a way was actually commentary about the guy who made that original comment in the first place and then you said hey that's not about pizza, but it wasn't ever really about pizza now was it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... but it wasn't ever really about pizza now was it?
Pizza is a metaphor for life, so I guess you could say it was really about pizza for those who didn't get the metaphor.

As for the knife and fork, if the individual small pizza costs $35, you are expected to use a knife and fork even if it seems unnatural. Just like all ball fouls.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Been to Chicago plenty of times and eaten various versions of their pizza -- it's OK.

Go to NYC a couple of times of year and *always* try and include a visit to Lombardi's down in Nolita. Gives any Windy City pizza the seven and the breaks.

Lou Figueroa

Lombardi's is good. So is Totonno's. I really like Patsy's (the original) or Grimaldi's. I think you might need a steer guy, next time you are in town...

Oh, that's good to hear, glad you have a few choices ;)

But where you gonna order a pizza casserole? that's the fun of it.

And one thing folks don't know if that 95% of all pizza's sold and eaten in the entire Chicago Metro area are thin (what we call thin) crust pizza's. The deep dish is something you enjoy a few times a year, certainly not a weekly thing. I usually eat it once a year. I prefer thin crust cause I can eat more slices ;)

Then there's hope. I'll search for an exorcist and see if we can fix you.

As for the knife and fork, if the individual small pizza costs $35, you are expected to use a knife and fork even if it seems unnatural. Just like all ball fouls.

Apparently, you are a godless soul, too. Looks like I can get a group rate with the exorcist.

Eric

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Apparently, you are a godless soul, too. ...
Naw, just adaptable when eating in strange places. And I hold my fork in my left hand when in Europe, unless I'm trying to look like an American.

But there is a functional reason to use a knife and fork on pizza, and that's to avoid burning the roof of your mouth. By hand, I tend to take larger bites and quicker -- the flatware slows me down and reduces the size of the bites. It turns out that the burn is proportional to the cube of the diameter of the bite and roughly proportional to the square of the bite rate, so it doesn't take much size reduction or slowing to help.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Naw, just adaptable when eating in strange places. And I hold my fork in my left hand when in Europe, unless I'm trying to look like an American.

But there is a functional reason to use a knife and fork on pizza, and that's to avoid burning the roof of your mouth. By hand, I tend to take larger bites and quicker -- the flatware slows me down and reduces the size of the bites. It turns out that the burn is proportional to the cube of the diameter of the bite and roughly proportional to the square of the bite rate, so it doesn't take much size reduction or slowing to help.

Bob, you are too sophisticated for me. I burn my mouth. The better the pizza, the worse the burn...

Eric

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
.. I burn my mouth. The better the pizza, the worse the burn...

Eric
It's not too late for you, Eric.. Learn to Avoid the Burn! (This is not to be construed as an endorsement or rejection of any political candidate.)

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
It's not too late for you, Eric.. Learn to Avoid the Burn! (This is not to be construed as an endorsement or rejection of any political candidate.)

Lol...

Some of the best pizza is from the coal region of NE Pa.

My old hometown has the best cold pitz ever, and you never burn your mouth.

https://www.nepapizzareview.com/2015/04/senapes-bakery-hazleton.html?m=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tony,

That's the secret to good, thin crust pizza; the coal oven. Coal burns hotter than gas. Also, it imparts a bit of a smokey (probably not the healthiest) flavor, too.

Eric

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Patsy's, NYC

Patsy-Grimaldis-new-york-pizza.jpg

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Then there's hope. I'll search for an exorcist and see if we can fix you.

Eric

I don't care what you do as long as you don't make me eat NY style pizza.

Too thin, not much sauce, and some cheese. Not much different than a eating a quesadilla really. So, I guess if I put some salsa on a NY style pizza I could choke it down ;)

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
they took us for a ride

If this record is so groundbreaking, why is it not listed in Guinness World Records? Wouldn't that give it more exposure?
There are a few records listed for Florian Kohler :D
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/465104-longest-duration-to-spin-a-billiard-ball/
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co..._comment_id=1076196855809320_1084594364969569

The drive by media took us for a ride is yer answer Spartan, another poster made reference to Kipchoge breaking the two hr barrier and it not being an actual race format i.e. competing against other runners. First of all he was breaking his own record, even though in a non traditional format - at least there was video proof of what he accomplished. It would seem invisible govts. and invisible video footage are closely related in their world of fake news. It should not take what is very possibly a boldface lie to get 14.1 in the news, i guess that is the world of drive media that were livin' in - they are a very sad bunch of cowards (invisible govt) - tryin' to make a buck. I understand facebook (not a member) reporting fake news but the bca and nytimes should really be ashamed of themselves - I guess they too are on the short leash of the invisible govt's agenda. Someone said that az is just a punching bag, after the skids I think that is when they bca decided to include nytimes to the punching bag as well. Where is the court of public opinion? Can the bca legally get away with lying to the public?

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
not me

I have an uncle I'm being reminded of. We probably all do.

I will say it was the Mike Sigel vs Danny Harriman match that was partially responsible for getting me into pool. I can sympathize with a player of Danny's caliber being bitter with the game. I laugh thinking about winning a small time money game of Nine-ball while imitating Danny's demeanor at the table.

You are a very talented player just lighten up a bit. AZ isn't a bad group if you just go with the flow.

I will never go with the flow - if they are streaming fake news pertaining to Straight Pool.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I don't care what you do as long as you don't make me eat NY style pizza.

Too thin, not much sauce, and some cheese. Not much different than a eating a quesadilla really. So, I guess if I put some salsa on a NY style pizza I could choke it down ;)

The exorcist will fix you, Carrie.

Eric

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Lol...

Tony,

That's the secret to good, thin crust pizza; the coal oven. Coal burns hotter than gas. Also, it imparts a bit of a smokey (probably not the healthiest) flavor, too.

Eric

Yep, and there is plenty of coal there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If this record is so groundbreaking, why is it not listed in Guinness World Records? ....

Err...because it isn't 1977 when Guinness was last any more than a parody of itself.

By they way, I wonder what makes you think Mosconi's 526 is a Guinness record.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk