How do you deal with uneasy players?

SirNoobs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have only one 8 foot pool table in my school's gameroom, which doesn't take quarters, so it can be quite busy sometimes. Generally, it's one vs. one and the loser would get off the table.

Today, there was a fairly decent player and kept kicking players off the table. The regular rail birds insisted that I play him and I kicked him off the table. Then I played another opponent and the guy came back. I beat him again and he just stays on the table. I wanted to leave but this guy insisted we play again. :confused: I ended up playing about 6 or 7 games with him, winning each time and this guy still didn't want me to leave. He also seemed a little impatient and volatile. I was glad that the gameroom director closed the room early or else I could've been there a while.

When you guys are in a situation where the opponent refuses to lose, what do you guys do?

*Also, who knew playing pool during your breaks at school would improve your game so much? :grin:*

shag_fu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn't sound like you were betting so you could have left whenever you wanted to. There's no unwritten rule or etiquette that I know of that would force you to keep playing unless you were betting. Next time just say I gotta go, if you want to play some later we can set up a time to meet and play.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gamble!

If you want to get rid of a guy, just ask them to GAMBLE it works 99% of the time with none gamblers

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
That is a different twist than I used to use... I had a friend I always goaded by telling him he wasn't allowed to leave until he won a set....... His girlfriend HATED me!!!

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
We have only one 8 foot pool table in my school's gameroom, which doesn't take quarters, so it can be quite busy sometimes. Generally, it's one vs. one and the loser would get off the table.

Today, there was a fairly decent player and kept kicking players off the table. The regular rail birds insisted that I play him and I kicked him off the table. Then I played another opponent and the guy came back. I beat him again and he just stays on the table. I wanted to leave but this guy insisted we play again. :confused: I ended up playing about 6 or 7 games with him, winning each time and this guy still didn't want me to leave. He also seemed a little impatient and volatile. I was glad that the gameroom director closed the room early or else I could've been there a while.

When you guys are in a situation where the opponent refuses to lose, what do you guys do?

*Also, who knew playing pool during your breaks at school would improve your game so much? :grin:*

Ask him to play for $100 and throw a $100 bill on the table. Either way it is win /win either he will match your money and you will win an easy $100 or he will leave in hurry.