CTE discussion !

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let's Have some Aiming System Conversations and GET BETTER RESULTS

On your mark, get set................... GO !

I like your system and it compliments mine VERY WELL....I would suggest promoting your stuff on the new thread....it'll be fun and I won't be any conflict with me....I'm not here to sell "Aiming Systems",,,my points are all about throwing the ball to create a bigger ZONE....how someone aims, in my opinion is a personal choice...Play Well, CJ

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
CTE discussion

Sorry all, i wasn't trying to promote anything, ,just wanted to start the discussion and hear what others are thinking and saying about it.

My system is so weird that no one would believe me anyway ! lol

:)

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry all, i wasn't trying to promote anything, ,just wanted to start the discussion and hear what others are thinking and saying about it.

My system is so weird that no one would believe me anyway ! lol

:)

Maybe you could get better discussion if you start it, with your way of aiming :)

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cj engages in aiming in the same manner that many professionals do. The difference with Cj is that he is conveying to you what he does where many of his fellow pros cannot or won't.

1. This is huge. Cj as well as most pros do not connect directly with a shotline during ball address. In other words, Cj's eyes are offset to the shot line.

2. So what does Cj offset to? Easy, the OBJECTIVE aspects of a cue ball and an objective ball.

3. What are those objective parts of a cb/ob? CENTERS EDGES and QUARTERS

4. So how does Cj connect or arrive at a shot line? Cj rotates left or right with his body. This movement can be so subtle that many players are unaware of its occurrence. That's one reason pros have a difficult time explaining how they aim. Cj's rotations are essentially PRO ONE.

***If there's a secret here, it's in the rotation. Rotations can be described as pivots but the rotation itself is not a pivot.
Be sssured that if CJ moved straight in to a fixed CB, he could consistently pivot to his desired cueing line.

Cj can take over from here and add or subtract from what I have said.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I will correct the above once I can log in to my main computer....darn iphone

Your system is much more advanced than mine....U'r using an i-phone & I'm still using the 'flip-up' system.

Seriously though, I asked U in another thread which of your CTE sytems do U think would be best for me.

I have been playing for 46 yrs. & using diagonal english on almost every shot for 45yrs. & 9 months of that time. I have developed an astigmatism in my shooting eye & can not seem to play with glasses & am notyet ready for eye surgery.

I have played around with CTE as I 'understand' it basically from John Barton videos & other 2nd. hand info. I am intrigued because when it works, for me, it is dead on. But, when it is 'off' for me it is a mis that is not even close.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.
Rick

PS Congradulations on your son's success. You must be a very proud father.

Cj engages in aiming in the same manner that many professionals do. The difference with Cj is that he is conveying to you what he does where many of his fellow pros cannot or won't.

1. This is huge. Cj as well as most pros do not connect directly with a shotline during ball address. In other words, Cj's eyes are offset to the shot line.

2. So what does Cj offset to? Easy, the OBJECTIVE aspects of a cue ball and an objective ball.

3. What are those objective parts of a cb/ob? CENTERS EDGES and QUARTERS

4. So how does Cj connect or arrive at a shot line? Cj rotates left or right with his body. This movement can be so subtle that many players are unaware of its occurrence. That's one reason pros have a difficult time explaining how they aim. Cj's rotations are essentially PRO ONE.

***If there's a secret here, it's in the rotation. Rotations can be described as pivots but the rotation itself is not a pivot.
Be sssured that if CJ moved straight in to a fixed CB, he could consistently pivot to his desired cueing line.

Cj can take over from here and add or subtract from what I have said.

Stan Shuffett

ahh i thought so... i said to dave that i felt Cj's technique has a pro1 feel to it on how he was describing it.

Last edited:
Your system is much more advanced than mine....U'r using an i-phone & I'm still using the 'flip-up' system.

Seriously though, I asked U in another thread which of your CTE sytems do U think would be best for me.

I have been playing for 46 yrs. & using diagonal english on almost every shot for 45yrs. & 9 months of that time. I have developed an astigmatism in my shooting eye & can not seem to play with glasses & am notyet ready for eye surgery.

I have played around with CTE as I 'understand' it basically from John Barton videos & other 2nd. hand info. I am intrigued because when it works, for me, it is dead on. But, when it is 'off' for me it is a mis that is not even close.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.
Rick

PS Congradulations on your son's success. You must be a very proud father.

well stan's system is cte/pro1, he teaches it and has a dvd out and he is the most knowledgeable person on cte out there. I use cte/pro1 and i can tell you i can use it 100% of the time for all shots. Table size,pocket size,ball size are not an issue with cte/pro1 or any cte system. The most complete system out there is stans cte/pro1 and i am a user :)

Ps: This is my opinion and i feel the quickest way to learn how to just "look and shoot" without shooting a million balls would be best done using cte/pro1. The system teaches you to go from a standing position straight to the contact point. There are few out there that understand the full potential of the system and what it can actually do. In the end the system will actually turn you into a instinctive shooter but you will always have a system to fall back on at any time. This will become the holy grail of aiming somewhere down the line, i don't know how long it will take but it will, the system is just to complete ... my opinion

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
well stan's system is cte/pro1, he teaches it and has a dvd out and he is the most knowledgeable person on cte out there. I use cte/pro1 and i can tell you i can use it 100% of the time for all shots. Table size,pocket size,ball size are not an issue with cte/pro1 or any cte system. The most complete system out there is stans cte/pro1 and i am a user :)

Ps: This is my opinion and i feel the quickest way to learn how to just "look and shoot" without shooting a million balls would be best done using cte/pro1. The system teaches you to go from a standing position straight to the contact point. There are few out there that understand the full potential of the system and what it can actually do. In the end the system will actually turn you into a instinctive shooter but you will always have a system to fall back on at any time. This will become the holy grail of aiming somewhere down the line, i don't know how long it will take but it will, the system is just to complete ... my opinion

Thanks Mike.

Do you think it will work well with diagonal english? I probably have hit a million balls or more in my 46 years of play. The Pro1 sounds more like what I would ultimately want as that is how I shoot now, meaning, setting up right to the shot. Do you think I can jump right in on that or do you think I should start out with the more basic version or is it obsolite? I guess what I am asking is, does the Pro1 start from the beginning or would I need the primer?

Thanks for the help,
Rick.

Thanks Mike.

Do you think it will work well with diagonal english? I probably have hit a million balls or more in my 46 years of play. The Pro1 sounds more like what I would ultimately want as that is how I shoot now, meaning, setting up right to the shot. Do you think I can jump right in on that or do you think I should start out with the more basic version or is it obsolite? I guess what I am asking is, does the Pro1 start from the beginning or would I need the primer?

Thanks for the help,
Rick.

The system will work well with all english, if you know how to apply it in the first place. I am not 100% sure on what you consider diagonal english to be? I was able to pick the system up very quickly and start using it immediately with decent successes. It took me a long time to actually understand how the system worked, even though I could run a rack out using it. This is why there was a lot of miss information spread on this board from cte users. You can try to start with pro1 instead of the manual cte but I would advise against it.

This is how I see the system, it has made me very close to an instinctive shooter but I can fall back to the pro1 system or I can also fall back manual cte system at will. I personally have no preference between pro1 and manual cte and I always switch back and forth unconsciously. If I had to take a shot for a million $$$ I would use manual cte.

are you ok with these post PJ i have made?

Last edited:

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
my secret

Maybe you could get better discussion if you start it, with your way of aiming :)

I have found that i cannot describe my secret aiming system.....but...

I do know how to tell you how to find it for yourself.....

1. Take any ball and place it on the spot at the head string.
2. Fire that ball into the corner pocket, (using no cue ball, just the object ball itself)
3. Repeat this about 100 times, and see how many you miss. Even a beginner will make it almost 100 times, and anyone with a year or more of experience will make it 100 times out of 100. He can even hit the left or right part of the pocket on demand, as the ball goes into the pocket.

4. When you do this, the light will come on.

good luck

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
By "diagonal english" do you mean with your cue & stroke angled a little to the side to compensate for squirt? That's how all english is applied (or you'll miss the shot).

pj
chgo

PJ,

I may have used a misnome so to speak. What I mean is side english combined with top or low. In the past it was pointed out to me on AZB that english, to most, only means 9:00 or 3:00 tip to CB contact. What I meant to relay as 'diagonal' is to say 1:30, 4:30, 7:30, 10:30 or 'minutes' in between type of english. Would 'combined' english be a better terminology?

Thank,
Rick

Think about this for a while, cte/pro1 is going to get your cue to center cue ball and on the contact point on the object ball and you should be lined up very close to center pocket if done correctly. Do you see the multiple benefits/potential from being in that starting position consistently shot after shot?

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Think about this for a while, cte/pro1 is going to get your cue to center cue ball and on the contact point on the object ball and you should be lined up very close to center pocket if done correctly. Do you see the multiple benefits/potential from being in that starting position consistently shot after shot?

Totally. And...if it (the aiming system) can verify what I already 'feel' & 'see', then it will remove doubt on those shots that pop up now & again, that just don't feel or look right to me. It's a valuable tool to put into my tool box. I may have to make room for it(cte) or them(cte& pro1)

Thanks Ron, I mean Mike.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
PJ,

I may have used a misnome so to speak. What I mean is side english combined with top or low. In the past it was pointed out to me on AZB that english, to most, only means 9:00 or 3:00 tip to CB contact. What I meant to relay as 'diagonal' is to say 1:30, 4:30, 7:30, 10:30 or 'minutes' in between type of english. Would 'combined' english be a better terminology?

Thank,
Rick
Oh, I get you now.

I like clockface positions combined with fractons of maximum. For instance I might say "1/3 maximum 2 o'clock english" for a small amount of top-right or "1/2 maximum 6 o'clock english" for a medium amount of pure draw.

Unfortunately, the pool world doesn't yet fully realize the wisdom of my opinions, so this isn't (yet) worldwide standard terminology.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Since this is a CTE discussion thread, I'll add my standard caveat:

CTE/Pro1 doesn't get your cue to center cue ball and on the contact point on the object ball and lined up very close to center pocket by itself. You have to learn through practice and memorization how to recognize the reference alignments that correspond to the cut angles and how to adjust from the reference alignments to the final aim. Like any aiming method, the shooter's "aiming instincts" play a substantial role and must be developed through practice and repetition.

pj
chgo

Last edited:
when done correctly and with experience like most everything and anything you must learn. "your cue will be center cue ball and on the contact point and very close to center pocket, i never said this will happen magically :) I do believe the cte/pro1 dvd is an instructional dvd

Last edited: