me that I don't know of any other professional sport that mixes the sexes in
competition. I also wonder whether or not this is good for the future of "Men's
pocket billiard" competition? I am just wondering if anyone knows of any other
professional competition in a recognized sport between men and women?:thumbup:

Pool is not a sport. Its a game. :thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I applaud any woman who can compete at a high level....let there be many more.
.....the cue ball doesn’t care who hit it.

In earlier times, even after they could vote, they didn’t get a lot of respect in sports...
...even as authors, some used a male pen name.

Some of the treatment women got was shameful, even by some of my heroes....

CD923429-FA9F-4D2D-B7A3-1AB286964129.png

A nineteen year-old Thai girl recently ran a 139 and a 147 at snooker...
...watch out, guys

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I applaud any woman who can compete at a high level....let there be many more.
.....the cue ball doesn’t care who hit it.

In earlier times, even after they could vote, they didn’t get a lot of respect in sports...
...even as authors, some used a male pen name.

Some of the treatment women got was shameful, even by some of my heroes....

View attachment 518395

A nineteen year-old Thai girl recently ran a 139 and a 147 at snooker...
...watch out, guys

The several time world champion woman got a shot just recently didn't end well for her , thier better chance by far would be rotation pool , since Alex has yet to even qualify for a event and he put a lot of time in to it ,

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Archery, horse racing, equestrian.

This is great for pool. Siming Chen is a breath of fresh air and if she somehow manages to reach the knockout stage of the US Open, it will be electrifying. Whether it's a man or woman who wows us, every great new young player serves pool's best interests.

Not only is she a fantastic player, but Siming presents herself nicely, is courteous and shows good sportsmanship when she competes.

As Cornerman noted at Derby City, there were quite a few women playing the main event and he further noted that he hopes the trend will continue. Me, too!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The several time world champion woman got a shot just recently didn't end well for her , thier better chance by far would be rotation pool , since Alex has yet to even qualify for a event and he put a lot of time in to it ,

I tend to agree with you....the bigger table and heavier cloth favors mor strength.
...the template on a pool table makes breaking successfully attainable for women.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I tend to agree with you....the bigger table and heavier cloth favors mor strength.
...the template on a pool table makes breaking successfully attainable for women.[/QUOTE

More of this nonsense huh?
Jason

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The trash you hear on the chats and even on here is sickening . Many on here can remember the crybabies when Jean was there. World champions crying about her playing men.If she would of been able to play steadily against men who knows how good she could of been. Fargo rate smargo rate. this woman should get to play all these computer i-phone knockers. She broke as good as anyone today and played better than most. Mitch was the gentleman and showed great sportsmanship .Both acted like pro athletes should. I believe this is a shot in the arm for pool.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The math supports my opinion.

What "math" is that?

Sarah Rousey can break just under 30mph. She is 5' tall and 100lbs soaking wet.

Yes, slower cloth requires more stroke than 860 etc, but it is nothing outside the reach of anyones physical ability.

You are perpetuating bullshit.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
What "math" is that?

Yes, slower cloth requires more stroke than 860 etc, but it is nothing outside the reach of anyones physical ability.

11 times world ladies champ, Reanne Evans, played the pro snooker tour...lost 18 matches out of 18.
..Allison, in her prime, fared about the same.

...Siming Chen is not the only woman in the top hundred Fargo...on a pool table.

...and I was all for Queen Jean...I thought the MPBA treated her unfairly.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...the template on a pool table makes breaking successfully attainable for women.
Siming Chen can power draw or power follow the cue ball as good or better than most of the male pro players. Her technique is so good, she appears to do it effortlessly.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Siming Chen can power draw or power follow the cue ball as good or better than most of the male pro players. Her technique is so good, she appears to do it effortlessly.

I like how the ladies are coming in pool...Balukas was competitive also...
...Karen Corr is one of my favorites...she stood up to everybody.

But on a 6x12, I feel the one who has a chance is the Thai teenager Mink....
...I would love it if she could break into pro snooker.
So far, no woman has....what I’m hearing in their defence is what I consider reverse discrimination.
Let the scoreboards tell the truth....I’m cheering for them...but I’m not blowing smoke for them.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What "math" is that?

11 times world ladies champ, Reanne Evans, played the pro snooker tour...lost 18 matches out of 18.
..Allison, in her prime, fared about the same.

...Siming Chen is not the only woman in the top hundred Fargo...on a pool table.

...and I was all for Queen Jean...I thought the MPBA treated her unfairly.

Your post was about strength. Not success on various games.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like how the ladies are coming in pool...Balukas was competitive also...
...Karen Corr is one of my favorites...she stood up to everybody.

But on a 6x12, I feel the one who has a chance is the Thai teenager Mink....
...I would love it if she could break into pro snooker.
So far, no woman has....what I’m hearing in their defence is what I consider reverse discrimination.
Let the scoreboards tell the truth....I’m cheering for them...but I’m not blowing smoke for them.

And now, its ' reverse discrimination.'.

For fooks sake.