**My Eddie Cohen!**

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
After more than a year of our first talks about the cue, it arrived yesterday. I was shaking with

First, I'd like to go over my experience with Eddie then we'll get into the cue itself.

Very nice cuemaker. Professional, friendly, receptive of ideas, and some of the best quality I've ever seen. You all know the long wait list involved, and how meticulous Mr. Cohen is with his work. We talked for more than half an hour about specs alone. Top to bottom it's what I wanted. Weight, diameter, wood type, tips, color selection. I was sent update pics every so often, showing great progress and getting me more and more excited! He labeled the two shafts with the different diameters on the joint protectors. Attention to detail everywhere, to include shipping.

http://cohencues.com/portfolio-item/reversed-blue-flame/

I was overnight-ed the cue as soon as it was finished, and took it straight to the local room. This thing is a player. Sharp hit, smooth English, rock solid response, the weight is just perfect for me. I played for 7 hours with it yesterday and can't find a thing I don't like about it. It just hits well, and now I know what that means when people say a cue hits very well. I thought I knew what it was before, but playing with my new Cohen yesterday, I stand corrected :cool:

Many thanks to Eddie. I'm very very pleased with everything he's done for me.

islandboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet, sweet cue. Gorgeous wood and veneer combination...very classy.

I hit some balls with a friend's high-end Cohen the other day, and was
extremely impressed with the playability and feedback. Very responsive
and sensitive with very little deflection even when I went way off center.

Loved the shaft taper. Definitely not whippy, maybe a touch toward stiff,
but not much. I want to describe the hit as super smooth. This cue had
a very quiet hit, but with great feel. The tip was a Searing Precision Tip
and the joint was either a flat-faced 3/8 x 11 or modified 3/8 x 10. The
workmanship was impeccable, absolutely top notch.

I've played with various custom cues to include Schick, Scruggs, Barnhart,
Capone, McDaniel, and I'd put the hit of this Cohen with the best of them.
I'm sure it doesn't hurt that Eddie is a very good player in his own right.

I'm seriously considering contacting Mr. Cohen and putting in an order.

Nuff Said

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Thanks, Island

I really do like the feel of the shaft, the taper and all. Like you said, it's not whippy, it's towards the stiff side of the spectrum but there's still some room to give juice on the cue ball. The pin on mine is a 3/8 by 10, and the way it marries to the shaft is crazy tight. The final turn you can feel a solid lock. As expected, the ring work lines up like a laser with the butt of the cue. :cool:

I heard Eddie was a great player as well. When they had the cuemakers only tournament at the Expo last year, I know he went deep.

I haven't even played with the other shaft, 12.75 and 13 mm. Moori mediums on both.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
stunning cue
great design
i had eddie make me one
great person to do business with and great quality cuemaker
enjoy your cue...:)