What wood would you use for your next custom cue?

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
A cuemaker calls you and says, What woods would you like in your cue. And you like a dark wood and a lighter wood. Your wanting playability but looks..something that just JUMPS out at you!......What would the woods be? And this cue will cost between 1500-2000 from this particular cuemaker

This cue will not have points, and will have Moose Antler buttcap and joints.

Given this info, what woods would you select?

Just trying to get a feel for what you guys think is hot looking.....and yes, pics will help if you have some to give me more of a visual image.

Who knows...if I pick YOUR combination of wood.....there might be a FREE TAR shirt in it for you!

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
ebony and ivory and with a black leather wrap. but thats just me.
In the end you gotta get what you like.

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
ebony and ivory and with a black leather wrap. but thats just me.
In the end you gotta get what you like.

Thanks TXsouthpaw....me personally, I am not a fan of Ebony....and I honestly dont want Ivory in this particular cue...but I do agree....the Ebony and Ivory do look good together.....Thanks brother!

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ebony for sure, and probably birdseye or curly maple. If I were to go for a major contrast I would choose holly.

muddawg

Chill Out
Silver Member
ebony+curly maple or ebony+amboyna burl or BEM/curly maple+cocobolo or some kind of rosewood+curly maple or amboyna/madrone burl+indian rosewood

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would do a super nice dark piece of cocobolo with some sick BEM.

I am not sure which way I would do the cue though.

BEM forearm and butt sleeve with a coco handle or coco forearm and buttsleeve with BEM handle.

Probably the 2nd way.

Good luck.

BVal

P.S. PM me for my address :)

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just read that ebony isn't quite your thing, in that case I would think rosewood or cocobolo along with holly would be nice.

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
I would do a super nice dark piece of cocobolo with some sick BEM.

I am not sure which way I would do the cue though.

BEM forearm and butt sleeve with a coco handle or coco forearm and buttsleeve with BEM handle.

Probably the 2nd way.

Good luck.

BVal

P.S. PM me for my address :)

Sorry BVal that was a typo on the shirt....it was actually a TAR thong....and yes, you will have to take a pic of you in it if you win:thumbup:

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member

BVal

What he said. Can't go wrong with super-nice cocobolo and BEM. Clean and classy.

I already have a TAR shirt....so stick to your guns with the TAR thong, and send it BVal. In a sick and twisted kind of way, we ALL would love to know he's flossing...TAR style.

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
What he said. Can't go wrong with super-nice cocobolo and BEM. Clean and classy.

I already have a TAR shirt....so stick to your guns with the TAR thong, and send it BVal. In a sick and twisted kind of way, we ALL would love to know he's flossing...TAR style.

I heard BVal will only floss with a TAR thong....he said JCIN makes them nice and snug and hugs his package just "right"!!! And there is a small sign that reads "objects in TAR Thong may appear BIGGER than they actually are" Thats what I heard anyways :shrug:

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
For a TAR thing?!?!lol

For uniqueness and contrast, even though ebony isn't the right answer I'd think about black and white ebony ( i have some-looks pretty cool, but a pain to work with and maintain before it's finished) or ,maybe a buckeye burl looks really good with horns and antlers kinda parts).
My first choice would be a highly figured Cocobolo-plays great looks great and flows well with moose horn....(but I'm biased)
But so does a deep dark rosewood.
I'll add pics in the morning....

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I would take a highly figured piece of Ambonya Burl for the wrap area and the rest Snakewood and set the two apart with some nice ring work. Let us know what you pick.

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
For uniqueness and contrast, even though ebony isn't the right answer I'd think about black and white ebony ( i have some-looks pretty cool, but a pain to work with and maintain before it's finished) or ,maybe a buckeye burl looks really good with horns and antlers kinda parts).
My first choice would be a highly figured Cocobolo-plays great looks great and flows well with moose horn....(but I'm biased)
But so does a deep dark rosewood.
I'll add pics in the morning....

Yea....I feel ya! I like a dark colored wood mixed with a lighter wood...and absolutely has to be highly figured FO Sho

This cuemaker said he had some Ebony with white streaks in it....now, that would be something kewl to see......so no, I take that back....Ebony is not out....If its Ebony...I would want to be able to see some texture in it though:thumbup:

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
I would take a highly figured piece of Ambonya Burl for the wrap area and the rest Snakewood and set the two apart with some nice ring work. Let us know what you pick.

I will definately let everyone know what I pick...and when I get the cue..I will post pics as well..

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard BVal will only floss with a TAR thong....he said JCIN makes them nice and snug and hugs his package just "right"!!! And there is a small sign that reads "objects in TAR Thong may appear BIGGER than they actually are" Thats what I heard anyways :shrug:

I am not sure where you get your 411 at but it is freaking me out a little bit. It's like you are in my head or something. LOL

BVal

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Choice- coming soon

It would be Burled African Blackwood- with Brazilian Rosewood- And I kid you not iT will be the best player you've touched. You can add the ivory joint-and Hoppe ring for Nostalgia. with about 4 Searing shafts. mark

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my favorite combo and next cue coming to me. It doesn't have anything to do with this thread but that is how most of my posts go. :)

BVal

P1012558-1.jpg