The APA 9 ball team CHAMPIONS disqualified

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the night these players won the tap trny,they were all over facebook saying the apa can **** this and take that apa, there just a bunch of jerks
no wonder when someone says pool you think of dark dirty seedy poolhalls and players

that says a lot about sam at tap's integrity .
welcoming these "classy people" into his league all the while apa and bcapl both have banned them.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I get the feeling that it's probably safe to assume that Sam knew what their intentions were before they ever left for Las Vegas. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam even helped hatch that plan

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
It sure is gonna make for an interesting PR dilema for the TAP folks, that much is certain.

And it ain't like they got a nasty surprise, they knew the possibility up front.

Hope they are happy.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
that says a lot about sam at tap's integrity .
welcoming these "classy people" into his league all the while apa and bcapl both have banned them.

Met Sam at SBE. Believe he was running the "Rally in the Valley" TAP event. Got the feeling he was in the "protect" mode regarding TAP and APA. Trying not to judge him. He has a business to run. He can run it anyway he chooses without our input. Really wish he took a stand more in line with what "we" would have liked but..... Perhaps in light of our "champions" winning his event, he might see the hypocrisy of his stand. We'll see.

Lyn

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Met Sam at SBE. Believe he was running the "Rally in the Valley" TAP event. Got the feeling he was in the "protect" mode regarding TAP and APA. Trying not to judge him. He has a business to run. He can run it anyway he chooses without our input. Really wish he took a stand more in line with what "we" would have liked but..... Perhaps in light of our "champions" winning his event, he might see the hypocrisy of his stand. We'll see.

Lyn

1st off congrats on your win.:thumbup:

you are right about sam running his business any way he wants to. if i was an lo i would care about how the way my customers "and future customers" percieved the way i ran my bussiness. "pool players are his customers."

sams comments earlier in this thread about it did not happen in my league so i dont care is quite disturbing. kinda "funny " the sandbagging team who pulled off the win in apa and was consequently dq'ed and banned won the tap nationals also.

their facebook comments " according to another poster" speaks volumes about the character of players on this team. no way would i want people who portray that type of character associated with a league i ran. again kudos to mark griffin for taking the stand and banning the players involved from his league.

i hope sam sees the error of his ways concerning defending these players actions.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So they cheated to win what, $1000 to $2000? Sad to know what these scumbags' integrity is valued at.

You would probably be even more sad to know that a lot of peoples integrity is valued much lower than that. That's actually on the high end.

My two cents. BAN the whole team for life.

phade

I am one with my cue
Silver Member
I agree

Banned for 2 years? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! They should be banned for life! If the pool community is worth its weight in chalk, each and every player on this roster should never be allowed to compete in an APA, BCA, VNEA, ACS event again in their lives. This isn't questionable sandbagging we're talking about. This was a deliberate attempt to commit fraud and compromise the integrity of amateur pool.

This was best said... I play in the APA in Brooklyn, and if a team cheated and knocked me out the money, I would want to knock them out... Lol Dom

pamike89

they won at super billiard expo

WOW! Some characters and the things they do will never cease to amaze. When a friend sent me this link on Facebook I just couldn’t help from chiming in. So, you losers get caught cheating and you step forth in an absolutely pathetic attempt to save your compromised integrity? You were no better at saving your integrity than you were at cheating. What was I thinking; apparently integrity isn’t in their vocabulary anyway.

I was amazed no one recognized these characters from the APA magazine or website. I’m assuming the keg with legs JOHN TOROCKIO, was the captain since he so brazenly stepped forth in this ill-fated attempt at cheaters logic. Nice try Jack Wagon! Characters in question are from right to “wrong”, FRANKIE BURKETT, KANDACE DUNLAP (soon to be REOTT),DEVON ANDERSON, LINDSAY DEYARMIN,JOHN TOROCKIO (keg with legs, Ha ha..) & SCOTT REOTT, Missing from the famed/shamed photo was the Fraud himself J.D. GREENE. I’m sure you will find them all on Dream Team rosters in TAP’s Edison event. I no longer live in that area, and I only know a couple of them, but they were known to have been involved in questionably ethical behaviors previously, but this certainly is scraping the bottom of the barrel! These classless clowns should be banned from “ALL league pool” for life.

The TAP officials attempt at rationalizing their actions and TAP’s actions is also in poor judgment. Why would any organized league want these classless individuals involved in any pool league at all? These people are giving league pool a bad name, and TAP is ok with that only because TAP hasn’t “YET” been cheated. Wow, I agree how do you know sir for absolute certain TAP hasn’t been cheated? No need to answer, you don’t. What a stupid statement. Funny this area has been questionable for many years in handicapped pool leagues, as has ZSAPA the local APA affiliates. Few other APA ops have been sanctioned more than they have... If TAP wanted to show real integrity here TAP would step in right here, right now from the people at the top and “LIFETIME BAN” these guys right here right now in front of the world’s audience in pool. There’s only one single reason TAP would not… Money! Is it really that important to TAP to obtain the “dirty money” of cheaters like this? Is this what TAP’s really about? The APA took their stand, now it’s TAP’s turn. As a formidable leader in the Pool community step up and show the pool community TAP’s is the league with integrity! What more proof do you need? The cheaters admitted to cheating. Do you really need to catch them yet “AGAIN”?

I guess The Super Billiard Expo in Edison will be interesting! I wish I could attend. I wonder if anyone has e-mailed this to Allen Hopkins? Doubtful he wants these clowns affiliated with his name and events. Even though TAP has its own event Allen’s event is still on the line here as he runs that show. Frankly why would any players with real integrity even want involved with these clowns ever again on any of their teams in any league is beyond me as you would only give yourself a bad name.

Hey I know the clowns from my div.. They ended up win the tap tour. And Dev A. Put on the pic. On Facebook and said dq this apa

cluelesscuer

Team are losers, but lets not forget how sleazy the APA is. Don't think that the APA follows their own rules. The only rule the APA follows is what will make them more $. And that includes ignoring people who get violent, start fights, etc. I know because they ignored it in the Chicago APA under Brad Hall even though the rules states any player who starts a fight should be banned for life. But if they ban a player -- no more $ from them.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team are losers, but lets not forget how sleazy the APA is. Don't think that the APA follows their own rules. The only rule the APA follows is what will make them more $. And that includes ignoring people who get violent, start fights, etc. I know because they ignored it in the Chicago APA under Brad Hall even though the rules states any player who starts a fight should be banned for life. But if they ban a player -- no more $ from them.

Not sure who Brad Hall is but I bet a lot of APA owners do a fine job of running a fair franchise.

mrpicker

Registered
the winners

John Torockio They cant take this one away!!!! dedicated to the az-HATERS!
Devon Anderson Hey David A Pinkston that's funny you say that because we have attempted to pay the money back but they won't return phone calls or emails
from the mouths of the cheaters

Last edited:

cluelesscuer

What I have found, and I can only speak for the Chicago APA (though the National office seems to do nothing in light of complaints), is that a captain can do just about anything if he pays his team's weekly dues on time. That's pretty much all that our league operator cares about. He will brush everything under the rug as long as the captain pays his dues. Cheating, fighting, all other kinds of shenanigans. And like I said, the national office doesn't care.

This team is a bunch of losers. But don't think for a second that if the APA could have swiped the whole issue under the rug, they would have. Only because enough people knew what happened, did they act. If the APA knew about the cheating but knew only one or two other people knew about it...they would have done nothing.

EricTheGreat

Registered
Taps a joke !

I so called got banned from TAP. Before i left for Vegas in November of2011 i told my team i was done with the garbage league after the event was over. We live in an area where our league op has more say about what goes on in TAP and he manually adjusts people's handicaps all the time. I don't mind that, but when you adjust someone's cap and they are a 3.9 and he has them playing as a 5, then it levels out everyone's cap and lowers everyone. This is why Sam's team do very well at R.I.V. . This year Sam had 2 teams take 1st and 3rd in the dream team event. In the past he had a team win the championship bracket and the 2nd bracket. Same team. Last year RIV was won by one of Sam's teams. Now i just mentioned 5 teams, 4 different teams from 1 area winning RIV in the past 7 years. Something is fishy.

Now why i quit TAP. My team was under scrutiny because we won a few titleholders. SOme people got raised and i was ok with that. We still won. Sam threw down how we were cheating the system, etc, etc, i got fed up with it. I went to Vegas for Nationals and i played a guy who went to the bathroom 5 times in 4 games. He looked like he had a powdered donut up his nostril. I beat him 5-0 and his wife kept score. Next thing i know Sam comes up to me and tells me that they are going to DQ me because i asked my opponent to add extra misses. I said....First of all, you are going to DQ me because the guy i just smoked who wouldnt shake my hand after the match told you i asked him to add misses?????? I was in shock......But more importantly....I asked Sam to grab the scoresheet. He grabbed it and i showed him that i had 11 misses in 5 games. Not even close to 6 speed scores. Why would i ask to mark that up.

When i got home i posted on TAP National forum that they were going to DQ me and stated what happened, they removed the post and emailed me and told me to "knock it off" and i told them to shove thier league....you know where.

My team placed top 16 at TAP nationals and I won the SIngles championship and the trip cost me $300. How's that for a payout....$1800 for a national champ.

TAP also has that DQ rule in place. I magine you travel to Las Vegas and on day 1 you feel great, the tables are way nicer than your use to, and some idiot is running down to the 8 and hangin himself. So you play a safe then run out . YOu do this 2 more times and have a 1 miss the last rack you win 4-0 with 1 miss and 3 defensive shots. , you are flagged unless your a 7, 1 more match and yo arent allowed to even hold a cue in your hand the rest of the trip. That crap promotes bagging, deal making, and scoresheets that don't match. THe league is a joke.

EricTheGreat

Registered
won't be seeing me in Tap... Guessing there is a huge difference in the character at the top between TAP and BCAPL......

Actually someone needs to make a new thread about the team being welcomed with open arms by Tap after the BCAPL kicked them to the curb as well...... TAP= Money>Character

I would but I am packing for Jersey... Accu-Stats Invitational starts THURSDAY!!!!!!!

Love it. What happened with the BCAPL and TAP?

And if you notice, Sam is a ballbaby. He answered to you just as he would have if he was talkin to his own players on his forum. He can't have a normal intelligent conversation to resolve issues.

TAP= Money>Character is the perfect slogan for them.

Sam holds a titleholder 3 times a year setting up his 20 tables. These tables are stored in a barn and in fact, when i helped him set-up in a bar with a resturant, a mouse came flying out of the pocket, they have bad rails, unlevel as hell, beer stains all over them. His tables are sick. That's how you gotta win a nationals trip. lol He charges $25 per team for green fee's.

Last edited:

EricTheGreat

Registered
I know i am rambling on, but I quit pool in November of 2011.

It was so annoying showing up for matches and teams saying how about we give you a 3-2 win, we have 2 players that can't win tonight. Both in APA and TAP. I use to be teammates with a few of these APA Banned players. ALthough what they did wasn't right, they are still nice guys who got mixxed up with what has been going on in this area for years, and more noticably since TAP came around and started battling for the top league in the area. I am a high capped player and i don't really have no reason to hold back, so i just play. I do like the new APA scoring. That will prevent bagging a little bit, but people in this area have to let the league op know when a paper match is being played and deals are being made.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm a softie, but I don't think it's wrong to give people a second chance.
It doesn't sound like their gameplan was to sneak in Efren Reyes and claim he's Carlo Cruz, a 4 from New Jersey.

You mean Cesar Morales :)

Hm.. Efren the cheater.

Or any hustler that said he was a traveling salesman.

Pool is full of people who are not what they say they are.

KP6218

Eric,

Sam says you were thrown out of TAP for adding misses to your singles scoresheet at the RIV after the match was over and your opponent left. You are saying you were just asked to add misses and didn't?

Last edited:

xTAPOUTx

READY-TEAM-FIRE-GO
Silver Member
Ban 'em Danno!

If this was done and proven. I would ban every team member from ever playing higher level tournaments in the APA. I hate cheaters. As far as the money, I agree, everyone moves up a spot. What a bunch of scumbags, the whole team and anyone that knew about it. Go to Jail, Do not pass GO!

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
CueSports International (BCAPL) has banned the entire team for a minimum of 3 years. They will be eligible to apply for reinstatement after 6/1/2016. That doesn't mean they will be let back in but they may apply.

There were two players on the APA team that currently play in a BCAPL league. Their league operator is being notified that they may no longer play league, state, regional or national events.

Bill Stock

I tried to give you greens, I might have accidentally given u red. First day with iPad. Sorry.

Thanks for putting this to the cheaters.