Corey Deuel Wins Million Dollar Shootout!

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
Corey Deuel wins the Inaugural Millon Dollar Shootout!!

13-7 victory over Shane Van Boening in the finals

Corey wins $20,000 and the Championship Diamond & Gold Bracelet! Check out theactionreport.com or nycgrind.com for more coverage from the semis and finals!

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
Good job Everyone...

allen_jr said:

Corey wins $20,000 and the Championship Diamond & Gold Bracelet! Check out theactionreport.com or nycgrind.com for more coverage from the semis and finals!

Congratulations go out to Corey for the win and to all the other players for giving us some great matches to watch. I would also think that congratulations go out to Allen Hopkins productions for sticking to their guns and doing fine job holding and running this tournament as well as having TAR on board to record the event. All in all, it was a good weekend for cuesports.

Dwight

Last edited:

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
You mean the 60,000 dollar shootout?:scratchhead: Next weekend I will be hosting th 50 dollar shootout. Any takers?

hippiepool

Banned
mnorwood said:
You mean the 60,000 dollar shootout?:scratchhead: Next weekend I will be hosting th 50 dollar shootout. Any takers?
If I can get someone to put me in and take half of my calcutta , I'm there .!

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
I need to go punch somebody in the head- It would be beneficial for both myself and the guy I hit apparently.

Congrats to Corey and Charlie for getting it done lately. No substitute for victory no matter how you get there.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know what?, when you guys that are making jokes about the excellent event that just happened make ANY kind of positive input into the world of Pro events, then you can make jokes. Til then STFU!

So what it wasn't a "million" it's the beginning, just like when the Derby started, or Johnson City, or the Star Dust, or the World Series of Poker. Were you all there to help out or do anything helpful for the event?....or did you just sit home and make stupid azz posts?

Tell me where else the Pros were making $20,000 this weekend? hmmm? answers?

I didn't think so.

Joke all you want, but in a few years when this event is on the scale of the Derby you nut hangers will be gushing how you were there from the start....:mad:

Props go out to Allen, Allen Jr., TAR, and all the folks that made this a GREAT week of fun!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Gerry said:
You know what?, when you guys that are making jokes about the excellent event that just happened make ANY kind of positive input into the world of Pro events, then you can make jokes. Til then STFU!

So what it wasn't a "million" it's the beginning, just like when the Derby started, or Johnson City, or the Star Dust, or the World Series of Poker. Were you all there to help out or do anything helpful for the event?....or did you just sit home and make stupid azz posts?

I didn't think so.

Joke all you want, but in a few years when this event is on the scale of the Derby you nut hangers will be gushing how you were there from the start....:mad:

Props go out to Allen, Allen Jr., TAR, and all the folks that made this a GREAT week of fun!

.... Exactly what Gerry said.

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member
allen_jr said:

Wait ! Wait ! Wait a MINUTEEEEEEEE .....I was gone all weekend so I missed the PPV on TAR. Does that mean that Corey and SVB both beat the two TOP FILIPINOS in short rack rotation games in the semi-finals ? Orcullo and Bustamante ? OMG....that's HUGE ! There will be much wailing and knashing of teeth in the Pinoy camp tonight, and that's a rare occurrence. Musta been jet lag or sumpin :grin: .

Seriously people, that was a HUGE OWNAGE :grin: :wink: :rotflmao: !!! I still can't believe it. Congrats to all in the finals, especially Corey...Tom

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Wow, I can't believe CD took it down...or that SVB got to the finals. Not because they aren't champions, but because they were just not playing well during Thurs/Fri. Further, Dennis was playing PERFECT POOL. I guess they truned it on when it mattered.

It's too bad I couldn't watch this weekend...I must have missed one helluva event! How did Orcullo, Manalo, & Buste faulter???

I'd love to hear who beat them out. Are there brackets on line somewhere?!?!? I'll see what I can find on the lins Allen posted.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gerry said:

I am in total agreement with you point, Gerry but the answer to you question is,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Only difference is you had to have a ton of heart and bet it up.

barrett9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gerry said it all

BANKONIT said:
Gerry Is Spot On.

People will be going out of there way to be part of this in the upcoming years. If you haven't had a chance check out there league format which Allen Jr. posted earlier. Good start... Great op for league players etc.. to be encouraged to step up. A breeding ground for development of new talent which is also the way I look at the Viking am. events. I personally won't speak negatively about anyone who promotes the development of the game. CONGRATS TO COREY D. & SVB!!!!

How can I give someone rep? never did it before?

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hemicudas said:
Gerry said:

I am in total agreement with you point, Gerry but the answer to you question is,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Only difference is you had to have a ton of heart and bet it up.

What was going on there Hemi???

Is Snake still around there? What about Rickey S? He still have his room?

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
frankncali said:
hemicudas said:
What was going on there Hemi???

Is Snake still around there? What about Rickey S? He still have his room?

Lil Jon, is back in action, Frank and there have been 5-6 big names lining up. Say what you want, no one in the country has more heart than LJ.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
WAY TO GO COREY!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

YOU PUNCHED CHARLIE WILLIAMS IN THE FACE, AND SNAPPED OFF THE MILLION DOLLAR TOURNAMENT, I MEAN....WHAT A GREAT MONTH!
IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THEN THAT!:D

Funny how Charlie would have to win 5 of his own tournaments to win as much as first prize was for this one.

Congratulations for Corey once again. I TOLD YOU YOU WERE GONNA WIN IT! You deserve it buddy!!

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Gerry said:

I didn't think so.

Hey,
Sorry man didn't mean piss anyone off. It was a cheep shot. I have nothing against anyone who was involved in the tournament and I am quite sure it will grow.

On a serious note, are there any ideas on what can be done to adjust the model some in order to boost the prize purse?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
hemicudas said:
Lil Jon, is back in action, Frank and there have been 5-6 big names lining up. Say what you want, no one in the country has more heart than LJ.
Who won and what game......