Tried something interesting last night .....

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
Was bored, but still trying to maintain an attitude of proper practice...

So instead of using one aiming system, or another one, I started combining the two on each shot...

Wow, strange, but seemed to unlock some new approaches.

Anything that gets you to the proper perspective, or perception, is helpful.

Also, i am thinking about making a DVD of the aiming system that i invented, but can't figure out how to get a 15 second idea to expand to a one hour DVD ! lol

Y

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
combined two

what aiming systems were you using?

Used pro/1 (by stan shuffett), which i always use, and added another one, (which is my secret system, sorry). But you get the idea,, combine two great things, and get a greater thing ! right ?
:smile:

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Hey Yoda

Sounds like an Open Mind to me. Good job.

All aiming systems have their strengths and weaknesses. I use the good parts of three different systems on every shot. Seems to work great.

I'm interested in any aiming system. I can teach over a dozen of them right now and am always searching for more info.

Call me at 214 908-2908 if you would like to discuss "your new system".

Thanks
randyg

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a blend of SEE and CTE/Pro1, and sometimes one or the other based on shot perception. And recently been playing with TOI a bit. There are definitely synergies there...

Scott

ln817

Registered
I use a blend of SEE and CTE/Pro1, and sometimes one or the other based on shot perception. And recently been playing with TOI a bit. There are definitely synergies there...

Scott

Same here, those two are such powerful systems.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used pro/1 (by stan shuffett), which i always use, and added another one, (which is my secret system, sorry). But you get the idea,, combine two great things, and get a greater thing ! right ?
:smile:

Does your secret system involve using The Force?

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
Hi randy !

Hey Yoda

Sounds like an Open Mind to me. Good job.

All aiming systems have their strengths and weaknesses. I use the good parts of three different systems on every shot. Seems to work great.

I'm interested in any aiming system. I can teach over a dozen of them right now and am always searching for more info.

Call me at 214 908-2908 if you would like to discuss "your new system".

Thanks
randyg

My honest opinion for most players would be this.....

I would only teach manual CTE from Stan Shuffett, and then for very advanced players, maybe move into PRO one.....

I have abandoned all other systems but these two. Because even though i am open minded, these two are the best.

For the super advanced player, pro speed, my system is very strong, but useless to a beginner or medium player.

Thanks for all your hard work advancing the causes of pool !!! Keep up the good work.
Y

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
The force...

Does your secret system involve using The Force?

Of course you are kidding, but in some very small way,, the answer is yes. !

Seriously though,,, keep this idea in mind....

Great ball pocketing comes from having the correct perception of reality.,,, not necessarily from a great stroke, or a great eye, or whatever. If your perception of the shot angle or contact point is wrong, then you miss !

So work on having the correct perception..

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My honest opinion for most players would be this.....

I would only teach manual CTE from Stan Shuffett, and then for very advanced players, maybe move into PRO one.....

I have abandoned all other systems but these two. Because even though i am open minded, these two are the best.

For the super advanced player, pro speed, my system is very strong, but useless to a beginner or medium player.

Thanks for all your hard work advancing the causes of pool !!! Keep up the good work.
Y

Thanks for your comments, Yoda!

My experience is that it is never too soon to begin PRO ONE.
It is helpful to grasp the manual version but manual CTE is more of a concept builder and a testing tool. It is a little odd for competition, IMO but it can be used in that manner as many do.

The sooner one can adapt to the professional approach that Pro One offers the shorter the overall learning curve can be.

Pro one because of its objectivity is continuously self-refining for anyone.

Stan Shuffett

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
Hi Stan,, what do you think of this...?

Thanks for your comments, Yoda!

My experience is that it is never too soon to begin PRO ONE.
It is helpful to grasp the manual version but manual CTE is more of a concept builder and a testing tool. It is a little odd for competition, IMO but it can be used in that manner as many do.

The sooner one can adapt to the professional approach that Pro One offers the shorter the overall learning curve can be.

Pro one because of its objectivity is continuously self-refining for anyone.

Stan Shuffett

I have found myself getting a little lazy on some shots, and spent the day yesterday, doing manual CTE all day to hone my setups and alignments. I don't think it hurts to go back an practice the scales a little, even though in intend to play mozart tomorrow !!!

What do you think.?
Y

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have found myself getting a little lazy on some shots, and spent the day yesterday, doing manual CTE all day to hone my setups and alignments. I don't think it hurts to go back an practice the scales a little, even though in intend to play mozart tomorrow !!!

What do you think.?
Y

I agree! If you know the manual version it can provide these benefits.

Manual is extremely objective as it is based on 2 fixed CB edges out of 360.
Manual also reinforces appropriate bridge distances mthat can carry over to PRO ONE for positive benefit.
During practice, when in doubt. The visuals and pivot can be strictly tested even without shooting using the manual version.
Manual aids in acquiring CCB trust. Manual allows one to see OB distortions quite clearly and understanding what they are

I am quite proficient with manual because I am always teaching that method. Yes, it is a good idea to revisit manual from time to time but no way is it a requirement to be successful with PRO ONE.

Stan Shuffett

Phoenix13

Banned
ccb ..............

Attachments

• Untitled - 1999.jpg
    Untitled - 1999.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 140