Please refund the money you owe!!

BSummersCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poolfriend

The time frame was made before the extra shafts were added, extension handle, jps, and jump break. If you knew what you were talking about your opinion. Might have mattered to me. Thanks

Reactions: KRJ

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I really didnt care I was over dealing with the guy being questioned every other day from the beginning of the build. Believe me this is not his first fallen out with cuemaker. I've had a few different builders contact me that put up with same stuff. Then have to hear this at least once a week that his wife was on his ass when is the cue going to be done. He said he understood everything takes time but apparently she didnt and neither does he. I am very picky to details unless you pressure me to get something done without letting me do my thing with the hobby. My heart has to be into it because it is a passion not a career. Which is why I will no longer take on orders at all. I have a few left to do and these guys are great. They dont rush me or question me they tell me to take my time. Besides that I'm my own boss when it comes to building the cues. No one should be rushed when trying to do their best work on something they take pride in to deliver to someone to enjoy for the life of the cue. I might only build a couple cues a year from here out if that. Not because of this but I dont need to I have to want to. It's been a fun trade to learn and I really appreciate all the guys and gals that have followed my work through the few years. Thanks for supporting my work!
Well... Interesting first sentence. That pretty much tells me everything I need to know.

I wish you and the OP the best, hope it all works out.

JCM

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Actually from what I've been told...there are three sides to every story: Your's, Their's and the Truth.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. We are only hearing what each of these guys wants to reveal, one layer at a time. The truth may lie a little deeper and have a lot more to do with respect or lack of it and their emotional response to how the other guy communicated with them. Have you ever noticed that when you piss somebody off that you're dealing with, things tend to get worse and not better? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, so much changed thru out this thread, I would like to take this opportunity to amend my own words. First off the wrongful words I posted have been eliminated. My words, I posted them but I will say that I waited 24 hours from the OP’s first post before I posted, after I posted, the OP edited.

Had the OP stated up front that he had been self employed for 65 years, I would not have assumed he was a teenager with photoshop skills. I assume the OP is around 67 years old, started young like make of us, LOL.

In the end, I wronged the OP no matter how it happened.

Now for Brent Summers, I have no words for you, you are beyond words at this time.

For ANYONE who wants to run a business, NEVER sell anything you cant back up, if you don’t have money to refund, stay at your job and enjoy Pool.

Thanks for reading.

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poolfriend

The time frame was made before the extra shafts were added, extension handle, jps, and jump break. If you knew what you were talking about your opinion. Might have mattered to me. Thanks

Oh ok, got it. So that justifies sending the purchaser a cue that you knew was unfinished?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
It'll sell
Plenty of cue addicts
That bit about it being custom and only appealing to the buyer i dont buy one bit

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a little slow - did the op trade some jewelry for a cue and now wants a cash refund for the cue?

If so I'd have that jewelry appraised before I sent cash - or just return the jewelry. It is pretty standard for a huge mark up on jewelry.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I'm a little slow - did the op trade some jewelry for a cue and now wants a cash refund for the cue?

If so I'd have that jewelry appraised before I sent cash - or just return the jewelry. It is pretty standard for a huge mark up on jewelry.

my take is that apprx 1600 cash + apprx 1200 jewelry.....the cost basis of latter wasn't specified

hoppecopy

Registered
Dear A&Z audience,
I would like to thank all of you for your comments, I would like to clarify on some of the posts from Mr.Summers, as well on some of the other posts, this playing cue was not special ordered, This cue was sold to a lady and she returned it because of scratches, when I talked with Mr.Summers about this cue he said it was available again, I figured because i wanted some simple barbell inlays and wrap/refinish it would take care of the problem at that time I ordered the 3 shafts at this time because I play with 13mm and the shafts on the shafts were smaller, Mr.Summers worked on the cue immediately and sent me progress pics, I was very happy with him, and several weeks later I order a jump break cue which was a 100 year old house conversion, cap protectors and a extension, 0ver in the next weeks he sent me more pic of progress, all inlays work was pretty much done on both cues, and playing cue was now resprayed, I did not call him everyday, when I did he keep tell me still waiting on the shafts and not done, My point is I have sent cues to other makers for similar work including shafts that were already built cues and work was completed in several weeks, to a month. finally after all these months he said to me he could send me the butt with a warped shaft that i could use until the shafts were done,I said that would be great..he said he would send it out the next , friday comes and he tx me and said I would have to wait because he didn't have the shipping money, he said if you PayPal me some money he would sent it out friday, so me being excited I did, when the cue came and I opened it up I was very disapointed , I call him after Isend it back and he said he would make it perfect or like the beginning he would refund my money, first off he told me the butt was done all I was waiting for was shafts, I thought for a day and decided I did not want to continue on this road. so I sent the cue back with a letter saying I wanted my money refunded. when I talked to him on the phone, he said he would give me his word that it would be perfect and was trying to talk me into keeping it, it should have been that way in the beginning. So he said he would refund my money when he had it, I said like a month, six months a year.. He said when he gets then I will, I am not a bank, or a lending institution, My family has been in the business 65 yrs. as for the bbb posts of my account, there are a few complaints, a few, but for 65 years of business a few, if anyone out there owns a business knows you just can't please everyone. which has nothing to do with post. Mr. Summers has posted to all of you that I will get my refund by April 15, if this does happen I will be the first to publicly apologize to him as well as all the positive and negative posters on this issue, I am not a bad person, but when your spending thousands of dollars on a couple of 100 dollars on the wood cost (not labor), I want it right. I do believe Mr.Summers is a good person, but I believe with his divorce issues and having to come up with $15000.00, to pay his ex wife, He took advantage of me for quick money, especially, after I needed to send him money for postage...Come on really, are things that bad. I did have some harsh words with him and apologize for loosing my cool, again I would have never posted in the first place. My heart does go out to Mr. Summers for the problems he's having , everyone including Mr.Summers can continue play tug of war, back and forth he said she said, the bottom line to this story is Mr.Summers and I are the only one who know the truth. thank you all for your comments I will wait till April 15, Hopecopy

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
...I do believe Mr.Summers is a good person, but I believe with his divorce issues and having to come up with $15000.00, to pay his ex wife, He took advantage of me for quick money, especially, after I needed to send him money for postage...Come on really, are things that bad....

The maker probably wasn't forthright in disclosing his financial problems to the OP, and understandably so. Be it pride, professionalism, or whatever. And in turn, the OP, sensing the problem, assumed the worst.

This thread probably isn't helping his financial problems. Sounds like he's doing what he can under difficult circumstances to make it right. Sometimes in life **** happens.

Could this have been avoided if the maker was straight forward with the OP about his financial problem? But then, how does the OP know any of this to begin with? ...Upon further consideration, the OP was probably a little too blinded by anger, and possibly delusions of scamming, for any compassion.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geez. A cuemaker not having the money for postage but selling cues for close to 3k? Now, this would really worry me.

What I don't understand in this whole episode is that the cuemaker - desperately needing money - did not try his very best in getting the cues finished to his great standards (which could be seen even here on AZB where he showed pics in the past of supposedly flawless cues). The pictures of the cue in this thread are pretty terrible (wrap, toothpick, scratches and all). I can see why the OP is so angry. Some $ 100 Chinese mass production cues have a lot less manufacturing defects. My infamous Meuccis certainly don't sport faults like these. And they cost less than half.

I can understand why and how somebody gets into a financial squeeze. But I cannot understand how he even worsens his situation sending out such a defective cue. After so many months.

I have refrained from posting in this thread until now because I believe most of the bs posted in the first couple of pages could have been avoided. The ones who immediately teamed up against the op as well as the ones who accused the cuemaker before any facts were presented should also learn from this. A single post asking for facts before posting such a thread would have been enough. Which is the only thing you can hold against the OP in hindsight.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I cannot understand is why people continue to custom order cues from any cuemaker except the very top tier who have been around and proven for years. You read and hear about so many of these horror stories about flaky cuemakers that frankly it seems the norm more than the exception. This is especially hard to understand when there are so many semi-custom/production makers out there like say McDermott and Pechauer who build beautiful cues with 100% reliability.

It's one thing to buy an existing custom cue that somebody is holding in their hands but if you order one you're completely at the maker's mercy. Attend a snake handler's organization if you want to, but don't whine when you get bit.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Well I really didnt care I was over dealing with the guy being questioned every other day from the beginning of the build. Believe me this is not his first fallen out with cuemaker. I've had a few different builders contact me that put up with same stuff. Then have to hear this at least once a week that his wife was on his ass when is the cue going to be done. He said he understood everything takes time but apparently she didnt and neither does he. I am very picky to details unless you pressure me to get something done without letting me do my thing with the hobby. My heart has to be into it because it is a passion not a career. Which is why I will no longer take on orders at all. I have a few left to do and these guys are great. They dont rush me or question me they tell me to take my time. Besides that I'm my own boss when it comes to building the cues. No one should be rushed when trying to do their best work on something they take pride in to deliver to someone to enjoy for the life of the cue. I might only build a couple cues a year from here out if that. Not because of this but I dont need to I have to want to. It's been a fun trade to learn and I really appreciate all the guys and gals that have followed my work through the few years. Thanks for supporting my work!

That says it all. It's probably a good thing you're not going to take anymore orders. You definitely lost me as a customer. And, I'll never purchase one of yours from the secondary.

Josh

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
The OP is the kind of guy who orders a stick on a Monday, calls on Wednesday to see if it is done. BS didn't do himself any favors, but OP talks about his sterling relationship and 100 years in business with no issues. The next few posts then show that he runs less than a stellar business with lots of complaints.

If you can't get that from reading the threads, I can't help you.

What I get from this thread is that most ppl but OP and BS are all angels who can do no wrong. All of their customer service skills are on point, and have never encountered either a hard to deal with client or a financial hardship.

I have refrained from posting in this thread until now because I believe most of the bs posted in the first couple of pages could have been avoided. The ones who immediately teamed up against the op as well as the ones who accused the cuemaker before any facts were presented should also learn from this. A single post asking for facts before posting such a thread would have been enough. Which is the only thing you can hold against the OP in hindsight.[/QUOTE]

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Two artisans from different fields seized upon an opportunity using the barter system.

Unfortunately, neither did due diligence on the other.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what the posting of the OP's BBB record has to do with this thread. I am sure you can dig up some sh*t with anybody who has been in business for a while. Just look at Ebay feedback of people selling thousands of items. Even the very best sellers are bound to have some backlash.

The OP presented pictures of the cue he got and this is the evidence that counts, IMHO. If you could not see that linen wrap, toothpick, scratches and all - I can't help you. If some cuemaker sent me such a cue for that kind of price I would certainly be more than p.o.

Adding to that is that BS more or less admitted all of that. So, I can't see where the OP went wrong apart from holding back with the facts for a while.

I have not read anywhere that the OP is the kind ordering on Monday and starting serial calls on Wednesday - what you imply. Rather, I read about several months that he waited before he started pressing for results - after a lot of promises and delivery dates that have not been kept. At least that is what I got from reading this endless thread, 90% of which is useless blabla.