Madison Bob Value

PocketPooler

Silver Member
A friend of mine and I are discussing the value of a Madison Bob SP. I have one, best playing cue that I have ever had, I believe the value of a 95% Original Madison Bob to be around the 350 range, 400 at best, and to be honest, I think my positive bias may be inflating that...

What are your thoughts??

Thanks

PocketPooler

Silver Member
Is Madison Bob still in the cuemaking business?

r/DCP

No. Bob took ill quite a few years ago. His son apprenticed with him for years and had taken over. Not sure if he is still making cues either. They play decent, but they are still not the same as ORIGINAL Madison Bob's.

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
A friend of mine and I are discussing the value of a Madison Bob SP. I have one, best playing cue that I have ever had, I believe the value of a 95% Original Madison Bob to be around the 350 range, 400 at best, and to be honest, I think my positive bias may be inflating that...

What are your thoughts??

Thanks

There is no right or wrong price for a cue that cannot be replaced.

Madison Bob was a great character and joy to know...some will pay a premium just to have one of his cues given that fact.

Like Fast Eddy said...you go into a shoe store with $350 you come out with one shoe.

If the cue is worthy, the buyer will pay.

No matter what, somebody will always say it sold for more than it was worth. If the cue plays well...challenge them for the difference and enjoy their silence.