Production Cue you Swear By.....

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Time for another short and nearly pointless thread from me :grin:

Placed 9th in a tournament with about 40 great local players, over 60 total. I did this with my backup Palmer coupled with one of the worst hitting Players shafts I've ever shot with.........

I'm on the hunt to get into higher gears again, what would you all recommend production wise that won't completely break the little bank I've got to spend on this?

I like the feel of 3/8 by 10 into a wood shaft. Not opposed to steel jointed cues either. I don't like back-heavy stuff.

The Palmer is 5/16x18 brass joint.
Pechauer is off my list - don't like the hit/feel

I liked Poison, lot are saying just get a Roadline and I'm not opposed.
My range is no more than about $550. Ideally would like to spend little for a good hit.
Who likes what? And why? I'm leery of Schmelke (just a personal issue really)

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Placed 9th in a tournament with about 40 great local players, over 60 total. I did this with my backup Palmer coupled with one of the worst hitting Players shafts I've ever shot with.........

I'm on the hunt to get into higher gears again, what would you all recommend production wise that won't completely break the little bank I've got to spend on this?

I like the feel of 3/8 by 10 into a wood shaft. Not opposed to steel jointed cues either. I don't like back-heavy stuff.

My range is no more than about $550. Ideally would like to spend little for a good hit.

Mezz Cocobolo "Sneaky." I owned one that I will forever regret selling. The damn thing felt like a high end custom. I will never give up my MVP custom, but if I wanted a tourney killer to keep under the radar, Mezz sneaky, all day, every day. PM me if you would like to discuss further, :cool:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mezz with no hesitation. IMO they make best production cue out there. I have a AXI-K with Wavy joint. Great cue. The EC-series are nice also. Around 500bux new.

Last edited:

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
I really like my Pechauer cues. Order from Pechauer directly and you can get different pins etc... I ordered a cocobolo MW with a wrap and a 3/8x10 pin. It's a win win for me. They woods they use are exceptional, and their shafts are exceptional.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shoot with McDermott and have sold many McDermott cues to people who swear by them. If that is something that interests you, PM me because i could get you a deal on one.

Good luck on finding something you want.

MTHEORYSPORTS

MTheoryBilliardsDivision
Another Vote for Mezz

I play with a simple mezz axi-k as well. Wavy pin is big and feels like a 3/8x10 size wise. WX700 shaft for the traditional/new low deflection happy medium. I’ve played with mine for almost two years now and never plan on switching.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Wow.... 2 votes for Mezz just like that!

I'll PM you j2pac, thanks!

Keep the suggestions coming please, thanks for the feedback.

Out of curiosity I'm looking at Schmelke ebony builds. I know it's coming :cool:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I really like my Pechauer cues. Order from Pechauer directly and you can get different pins etc... I ordered a cocobolo MW with a wrap and a 3/8x10 pin. It's a win win for me. They woods they use are exceptional, and their shafts are exceptional.

I like the woods they use too, I just don't like the hit with one I have in my case.

Looking to add another Pechauer to your collection? I have a J-P05 with about 3 months of intermittent play :D

mode101

Registered
wow, i see lots of love for mezz. are schon cues not what they used to be?

can anyone recommend a mezz that is more of a sneaky pete look, but high end line? i am not looking for bling, just want top of the line quality

thanks!

Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow.... 2 votes for Mezz just like that!

I'll PM you j2pac, thanks!

Keep the suggestions coming please, thanks for the feedback.

Out of curiosity I'm looking at Schmelke ebony builds. I know it's coming :cool:

PM returned. ;) I know David at Schmelke as well. Phenomenal people also. :cool:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
wow, i see lots of love for mezz. are schon cues not what they used to be?

can anyone recommend a mezz that is more of a sneaky pete look, but high end line? i am not looking for bling, just want top of the line quality

thanks!

The older Schons were fantastic IMO. The "newer" one's just didn't feel like the same cue to me at all. JMHO. Mezz Sneakys are flat players.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to give a shout out to Lucasi.
I've had the same Lucasi for 10 years and it is still straight and the finish is like new.
You can get a plain one for $200 or so.
As far as how it hits thats entirely subjective.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I have to give a shout out to Lucasi.
I've had the same Lucasi for 10 years and it is still straight and the finish is like new.
You can get a plain one for $200 or so.
As far as how it hits thats entirely subjective.

Noted on the subjective aspects of "the hit"

Thanks so much for all the replies on this. Those Mezz sneaky's are sexy aren't they?

I'm close to already picking the Mezz sneaky. It's just under $500 and getting a lot of votes here.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Noted on the subjective aspects of "the hit"

Thanks so much for all the replies on this. Those Mezz sneaky's are sexy aren't they?

I'm close to already picking the Mezz sneaky. It's just under $500 and getting a lot of votes here.

I'd look hard at the Mezz cues also, but at least check out a Jacoby cue too.

Maniac

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My very first pool cue qualifies and it is a Palmer I got back in 1970.
All cocobolo and it still plays great but not as much as my customs.