Kaiser Cue 5/16 x 18 Thread

andrewnormore

Registered
Hello Everyone,

I just ordered a Kaiser cue from J&J America. They offered such a great deal with a Predator 314-2 second shaft updrade I could not resist.

My research so far has everybody who has played one saying that these cues have very sold hits and the balance is amazing, especially in this price range. Not much good to say about the shafts but the Predator should take care of that problem.

The cue retails for $320, making this the higher end of the Kaiser line. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts to share on these cues?

Also, is there any opinions on the 5/16 x 18 pin versus radial or unilock and does the pin type add stability or performace to the cue? I ask because one of my reasons for selecting this cue was that another cue I have ordered has the same thread size, that would make the predator shaft interchangeable.

I like ordering cheaper cues because I am in an area where I can't hold them before buying, so if I don't like the cue I'm not out any big amount of money.

Here is the cue: http://www.jjcue.com/images/KM105-1.jpg

Thanks. I always appreciate the comments from the fine folks browsing this forum!

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Everyone,

I just ordered a Kaiser cue from J&J America. They offered such a great deal with a Predator 314-2 second shaft updrade I could not resist.

My research so far has everybody who has played one saying that these cues have very sold hits and the balance is amazing, especially in this price range. Not much good to say about the shafts but the Predator should take care of that problem.

The cue retails for $320, making this the higher end of the Kaiser line. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts to share on these cues?

Also, is there any opinions on the 5/16 x 18 pin versus radial or unilock and does the pin type add stability or performace to the cue? I ask because one of my reasons for selecting this cue was that another cue I have ordered has the same thread size, that would make the predator shaft interchangeable.

I like ordering cheaper cues because I am in an area where I can't hold them before buying, so if I don't like the cue I'm not out any big amount of money.

Here is the cue: http://www.jjcue.com/images/KM105-1.jpg

Thanks. I always appreciate the comments from the fine folks browsing this forum!

That is one of the discontinued models. Usually if a cue comes from J&J with 2 shafts, one shaft will be straight and the other will be off a little. I've sold a few of these. Hopefully the butt will be straight. Most of these discontinued cues will not be perfect.

The pin size really won't matter much. Not all cues are created equal. You can have two cues exactly the same but will hit different.

I always recommend the Tiger Ultra-X shaft before the Predator. In my opinion...it's just a better shaft and a lot cheaper to buy.

I would never think about the retail price on any of these cues. You'd have to live in a fantasy land for the price to be close to real.

For your best deal, you should find a dealer for J&J.