2nd Best

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
these lists can be a little cloudy at times - for instance Niels ain't # 10. :wink:

best,
brian kc

Yes, and no Thorsten! Those are the BCA rankings, which are based on a different set of tournament results than other lists.

At this point in history, Shane is probably the only American-born player that could crack the line-up of the first two teams representing either China, Taiwan, the Philippines or Europe.

It's the players from outside the US that I prefer to watch most of the time...

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JA and RM

If SVB is giving anybody the 7 then their not in consideration for #2. He wouldn't try to give Archer or Rodney the 7 that's for sure. Dechaine plays good, but Archer and Rodney have played good far longer and handle the pressure of competition far better.

Johnny and Rodney played Tuesday night in Marietta and in my opinion, Mike beats them both pretty easily. It was a race to 15 for 2K and Johnny won 15-12. Maybe it was more of an exhibition but I'd take Mike against either one that night.

For that matter, Earl would have killed either one as well....

Mike's break is light years better in my opinion...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deschaine is #2 IMO. I'd bet on him against any other American pro in any form of rotation game. Archer, Morris, Hatch, Strickland, these guys are past their prime now. Deuel you never know which version will show up. Schmidt and Moore are recently not placing high in majors.

jmhanson_21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must be asking about 9 & 10 ball, because Scott Frost would be favored in 1-pocket and John Schmidt would be favored in straight pool. Plus, I would make Deuel a slight favorite against Shane in 8-ball. I'm not sure Shane would be the favorite in any tournament with a full field of American players unless they were playing a type of rotational game. However, when it comes to 9 and 10 ball, it's really just Shane, and the rest of the U.S. is playing catch-up.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must be asking about 9 & 10 ball, because Scott Frost would be favored in 1-pocket and John Schmidt would be favored in straight pool. Plus, I would make Deuel a slight favorite against Shane in 8-ball. I'm not sure Shane would be the favorite in any tournament with a full field of American players unless they were playing a type of rotational game. However, when it comes to 9 and 10 ball, it's really just Shane, and the rest of the U.S. is playing catch-up.

You know, I'd personally bet on Shane to beat Frost and Schmidt at their respective best games. Just my opinion:)

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know, I'd personally bet on Shane to beat Frost and Schmidt at their respective best games. Just my opinion:)

SVB vs Scott in 1p I would agree with you.

But SVB vs JS in straight pool? that is a tough one but I would pay to see it for sure.

Personally, I think Dechaine would be #2 behind SVB in rotation games. But if a couple others like Morris and Archer were playing as many tourneys as Dechaine the #2 spot could change on any given day.