314-2 or ob classic plus.

THE FLASH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently use an ob classic. What's the difference in the 314 and the plus.?//

Catamount

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One has a good feel & life to it, the other feels dead.

Hint: You're already on the right track.

The plus is definitely a worthwhile improvement over the old classic (Which is still pretty good.).

Last edited:

JMS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you thought about trying out the new Predator Vantage shaft yet? The shaft is 12.9mm but its accurate like the Z2. Its the best of both worlds. I brought the Vantage shaft to the pool hall and a lot of guys said they hadn't even considered the Vantage shaft because of it's size. When they hit with the Vantage they all wanted one.

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently use an ob classic. What's the difference in the 314 and the plus.?//

I'm personally glad you raised this question, and am a bit surprised and disappointed that it hasn't generated a bigger response from people on here that have played with both. I have not played with both (the Classic that you have and the Classic Plus), but I too want to know the answer myself.

I started a thread a few days ago asking about how the Classic+ differs from the OB-1+ and the 314-2 and received quite a bit of helpful comments, so you might want to take a look there to see if any of those comments might be helpful to you.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
OB Classic + is best low deflection shaft out there imo I've used them all :thumbup:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed on the plus shaft. Im still getting used to mine from just hardly playing lately, but feel and constuction seems better to me than the 314. And I played predator shafts for about 5 years or so.
Chuck

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used the 314 2 then the classic then I'm back to the 314 2 and I'd have to say I like it better. Hoping to try the + Shaft though.

RBC

Deceased
All OB Shaft need a fiber pad?? Or just the OB-1 and OB-2?

KL

If you're talking about the original shafts, yes they all use a carbon fiber pad between the tip and the ferrule.

If you're talking about the new + shafts it's a little different. The OB-1+ and OB-2+ do still use the same carbon fiber pad as on the earlier shafts. However, the Classic+ and the Pro+ are built a little different. They do have a "carbon fiber ferrule bridge", but it's different than just a pad. It's actually contained inside the ferrule and not between the ferrule and the tip. If you remove the tip, you'll see the outer rim of white, which is the ferrule, with the remaining center being carbon fiber. Obviously, it's more permanent than just a pad and will likely never need to be replaced unless there is a ferrule issue.

I hope that helps!

Royce

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
KL

If you're talking about the original shafts, yes they all use a carbon fiber pad between the tip and the ferrule.

If you're talking about the new + shafts it's a little different. The OB-1+ and OB-2+ do still use the same carbon fiber pad as on the earlier shafts. However, the Classic+ and the Pro+ are built a little different. They do have a "carbon fiber ferrule bridge", but it's different than just a pad. It's actually contained inside the ferrule and not between the ferrule and the tip. If you remove the tip, you'll see the outer rim of white, which is the ferrule, with the remaining center being carbon fiber. Obviously, it's more permanent than just a pad and will likely never need to be replaced unless there is a ferrule issue.

I hope that helps!

Royce

Thanks for posting Royce I was kinda wondering about this as well :thumbup: