any further user reviews on Dominiak Ultra Pete?

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there seems to be only a few passing references within the forum,

some quick questions,

-anybody know if includes their lowest deflection shaft? (can't tell from their website)
-how well does it impart spin to the cueball
-how low does it deflect compared to the top factory shafts at the moment?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always been interested in trying one of their cues, but I don't think I've seen one here in Hawaii.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am getting a Dominiak in a few weeks, I will post a review when I get it. All of his cues come with the Dominator 3 which is his LD shaft. I like the concept of his cues and have never really read anything negative about his cues.

Some pictures of mine being built:

Attachments

• Dom 2.jpg
    Dom 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 768
  • Dom 3.jpg
    Dom 3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 747

bottom_gun

Registered
JohnnySD, those look amazing.

Smashmouth, I absolutely recommend Dominiak. I found recommendations for Dominiak in several posts and decided to give it a look. Bill gave me a great deal and built me 4 in total, 2 Ultra Petes for wall cues, 1 Sweet 16 break cue with a hard Kamui tip, and I splurged for a Sweet 16 player with a leather wrap and phenolic joints. All 4 are unique works of art. He used curly maple for two, birds eye maple for another, and the other was alternating birds eye and curly in his radial laminated construction. All play amazing and his customer service is top notch. I wanted Predator feel from a US made cue and ended up getting a quality, custom, LD, wrapped cue built to my specifications and made in the US.

To answer your questions:
Both the Sweet 16 and Ultra Pete shafts are radial laminated, I believe the differences are cosmetic. I can't tell the difference in play between my D3 labeled shaft and unlabeled Ultra Pete shafts. There is a difference in my break cue because it has a break taper and the others are pro tapered. I actually prefer the break taper and end up finishing the rack with the hard tipped break cue.

My Dominiak cues/shafts impart spin on the cue ball as well as my Predators.

For deflection, I prefer my Dominiak cues/shafts to my Predators, especially the break taper shaft. I would compare the break shaft to a Vantage and the pro tapered shafts to the 314.

Let me know if you have any other questions or give Bill a call. He's very patient (I had a lot of questions) and will vector you in to the cue you want without trying to upsell you into something you don't.