JB Butterfly Case Question.....

Onepocketking1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have finally found a good deal on a 2x4 JB Butterfly Case recently. Took my cues out of my old case and loaded the Jb Case. To get the case close I had to squeeze the hell out of it to get the zipper to close. I said maybe I loaded it wrong so I tried every combination. Still had to squeeze the hell out of it to close. John posted a video on YouTube saying that there is enough room in his butterfly cases for other items if needed like a hand towel or a manual. That will never happen with the case I have. I’m wondering if anyone else has the same problem. JB Butterfly Case owners, Please share your experience.

Onepocketking1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Could your cues be longer than standard and or with long joint protectors?

Julian
They are standard size. Length isn’t the problem. It isn’t wrapping around the cues and zipping shut normally. I have to squeeze both sides closed then zip it closed.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a 3 by 6 JB butterfly that I carry two playing cues and a break cue in and I can attest that it's a stiff fit. Its not like some Bug Bunny cartoon where it looks like I'm overfilling a suitcase then having to sit on it to close it but you do have to apply some pressure to get the zipper pulled closed.

Onepocketking1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have a 3 by 6 JB butterfly that I carry two playing cues and a break cue in and I can attest that it's a stiff fit. Its not like some Bug Bunny cartoon where it looks like I'm overfilling a suitcase then having to sit on it to close it but you do have to apply some pressure to get the zipper pulled closed.
Same thing here, I’m not saying that I have to sit on it but it shouldn’t have to have any pressure to close. Thanks for sharing.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Do you have any concerns with lateral pressure on the cues to the point that the shafts may be stored in such a way that might lead to warping? OP, this question is for you as well.

Keith

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you have any concerns with lateral pressure on the cues to the point that the shafts may be stored in such a way that might lead to warping? OP, this question is for you as well.

Keith

Honestly no, because I feel like the padding sleeves for the shafts absorb any pressure.

Onepocketking1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Keith
Honestly, I was looking forward to upgrading to a more quality cue case that can do what my old case did. Normally with other butterfly cases I could fit another cue. That doesn’t seem to be an option with this case. I have an Action 2x4 butterfly case that fits another cue if I needed to.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know why anyone would want a butterfly case that is so difficult to close with the proper amount of cues as per the specs? Who would want to deal with that every time you used the case? Seems like a known case maker would be aware of this issue? I own a 4X8 Porper USA case- bought from an AZ member and it is made to close with 4X8 NO problem. I would think over time an overstuffed zippered case would put too much stress on the zipper and it would eventually break apart.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
If you're able to post a video here, also send the link to John Barton on Facebook. He may jump in and help you.

All the specs for the case are on his site. I’ll try to post some pics later but I don’t think pics will really show the problem. A video would be best.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I have finally found a good deal on a 2x4 JB Butterfly Case recently. Took my cues out of my old case and loaded the Jb Case. To get the case close I had to squeeze the hell out of it to get the zipper to close. I said maybe I loaded it wrong so I tried every combination. Still had to squeeze the hell out of it to close. John posted a video on YouTube saying that there is enough room in his butterfly cases for other items if needed like a hand towel or a manual. That will never happen with the case I have. I’m wondering if anyone else has the same problem. JB Butterfly Case owners, Please share your experience.

One, I've had a 4 x 8 JB Butterfly for over five years. I travel with only one shaft short of a full case. Once in a great while, I have trouble closing the case and have to "squeeze" it. All the joint protectors are at one end as it was suggested by John. My case has two pockets and they are loaded! Don't think the pockets have any influence on how tight the case is. Contact John if you are still unsure.

Lyn

Attachments

• JB Case.jpg
    JB Case.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 223