Lechner's stroke

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
His stroke is definitely excellent.

But I agree with garczar that these shots didn't require a world-class stroke, just a pretty good one.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not bragging 'cause i'm far from a champion but i have no problem executing both shots. Neither shot was tough and didn't have to draw cb very far especially on that cloth. Both were nice pokes but imo not really that difficult. Really like that guys game. He'll be around a while for sure.

Nobody said the shots were particularly noteworthy...it is the stroke that is pointed out.

It is smooth as shiiit. Taco Bell style. With Thai basil rice and coffee.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody said the shots were particularly noteworthy...it is the stroke that is pointed out.

It is smooth as shiiit. Taco Bell style. With Thai basil rice and coffee.
I'd love to hear a commentator say" Would you just look at that baby-shit smooth delivery". ;) This guy's stroke reminds me a lot of Buddy in his prime. Pretty pure delivery for sure.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I'd love to hear a commentator say" Would you just look at that baby-shit smooth delivery". ;) This guy's stroke reminds me a lot of Buddy in his prime. Pretty pure delivery for sure.

Reminds me of John Kucharo's stroke.

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reminds me of John Kucharo's stroke.

John Kucharo came through my hometown around 20 years ago looking for a game. My buddy (who was around 18 or 19 at the time) ended up playing him some one pocket and 9 ball, ended up either even or losing a little bit to him.

He said he watched Mr. Kucharo practicing on the 5x10 snooker table and he was firing balls down the rail and drilling them somehow, even with the rounded pockets. Couldn't figure out how he was doing it, and when he tried it himself he couldn't even get close. John Kucharo had a great stroke and a monster break.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
helping english

John Kucharo came through my hometown around 20 years ago looking for a game. My buddy (who was around 18 or 19 at the time) ended up playing him some one pocket and 9 ball, ended up either even or losing a little bit to him.

He said he watched Mr. Kucharo practicing on the 5x10 snooker table and he was firing balls down the rail and drilling them somehow, even with the rounded pockets. Couldn't figure out how he was doing it, and when he tried it himself he couldn't even get close. John Kucharo had a great stroke and a monster break.

It wasn't until I started practicing on a snooker table that I learned all about helping english or side, whichever you prefer to call it. That tight tight snooker table didn't like a ball fired with any speed at all down the rail but I learned that if I needed a little speed for shape I could use it if I also used helping english coming off the second inside rail.

I rarely get on a snooker table anymore, none to be had. However, one shot that still works for me was that down the rail shot. Curve in behind the object ball like a major league pitcher's curve, then run it straight down the rail, hit both inner rails, and down the drain.

I sure would like to have room for a five by ten at home. Seems like the perfect size for a table.

Hu

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with garczar, I can do these shots myself and Ive quit playing pool for many yrs! but yes, his stroke is nice.

Do you want a shot that till this day I cannot duplicate, a real stroke that might take you a 100 shots to get, I won't even need to find the video I am sure most pool fans know the shot, it's corey deuel draw stroke on the 4 ball for position on the 5 ball where it went forward, then came backward from the middle of the table all the way to the other end.

This shot defies the laws of physics!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with garczar, I can do these shots myself and Ive quit playing pool for many yrs! but yes, his stroke is nice.

Do you want a shot that till this day I cannot duplicate, a real stroke that might take you a 100 shots to get, I won't even need to find the video I am sure most pool fans know the shot, it's corey deuel draw stroke on the 4 ball for position on the 5 ball where it went forward, then came backward from the middle of the table all the way to the other end.

CD was in the house one night shootin' this shot for the sweators. He set it up and made it look routine. Crazy the stroke that dude has.

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've hit this shot about a dozen times on a crappy bar table haha. On a 9 foot I've only been able to do it a couple times, but it was on new/almost new cloth and very clean balls. Corey doing it in a game is just ridiculous. Funny how much power he has in his stroke but almost always seems to choose the finesse shot over the power shot.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you understand physics, that shot exemplifies a couple laws.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
still a form of finesse

I've hit this shot about a dozen times on a crappy bar table haha. On a 9 foot I've only been able to do it a couple times, but it was on new/almost new cloth and very clean balls. Corey doing it in a game is just ridiculous. Funny how much power he has in his stroke but almost always seems to choose the finesse shot over the power shot.

That power shot is still a form of finesse. Corey and a lot of the pro's can hit right out to the limit of maximum spin, draw, or follow, when hitting however hard they want to. Something I want to practice. I have one of Joe Villalpando's training cue balls on the way mostly to practice hitting the cue ball exactly where I intend to.

Few of us can combine precision and power on demand. Of course that is why Corey and company make the big bucks! :thumbup:

Hu