Mike Siegel's League

Curt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the Global Pool Players Association, or GPPA ever get off the ground? If not, did those who invested in it get their money back? Anyone know?

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
check out the gppaintl.com

I am the league operator for south florida, now, I ran the Pinellas/Hillsborough counties and 3 of the 4 teams from Largo, Florida from Corner Pockets Poolhall, won for session money,

$800 to the Superstahs team won $10,000

Mike Sigel is coming to Corner Pockets PoolHall on Sunday, this sunday or next sunday and we are having Bays News 9 TV coverage and St. Pete Times is doing a AT Large Story on the largest

SESSION MONEY EVER GIVEN OUT,
$10,000 Session Money

If you need info or are in the State of Florida, PM me or email me and I can give you some info.

Next Seesion--Number 2, Starts October 12, 2014

It is a 16 week session and u can always play with the same players,

GO GPPA---------

A chance for 8 Ball Amateur Players to finally make some $$$$$$$$$$$$4

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy
Area Manager GPPAintl.com
Hillsborough/Pinellas Counties, Florida

PM or EMAIL

michaelkennedy_1@yahoo.com

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
acedonkeyace, I live in Hillsborough county. Which pool halls do the league play in? I might be interested in joining.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am the league operator for south florida, now, I ran the Pinellas/Hillsborough counties and 3 of the 4 teams from Largo, Florida from Corner Pockets Poolhall, won for session money,

$800 to the Superstahs team won $10,000

Mike Sigel is coming to Corner Pockets PoolHall on Sunday, this sunday or next sunday and we are having Bays News 9 TV coverage and St. Pete Times is doing a AT Large Story on the largest

SESSION MONEY EVER GIVEN OUT,
$10,000 Session Money

If you need info or are in the State of Florida, PM me or email me and I can give you some info.

Next Seesion--Number 2, Starts October 12, 2014

It is a 16 week session and u can always play with the same players,

GO GPPA---------

A chance for 8 Ball Amateur Players to finally make some $$$$$$$$$$$$4

Area Manager GPPAintl.com
Hillsborough/Pinellas Counties, Florida

PM or EMAIL

michaelkennedy_1@yahoo.com

That's good news. I saw Sigel demonstrate his format once on the accustats Wednesday game show and I liked the idea of ball in hand for the handicap.

This seems like an excellent way to hinder the problem of sandbagging which is a big problem in handicap leagues.

pool_mantra

Registered
I am a GPPA Team Captain in Central Florida

GPPA is paying out $900 to my team and $5000 to the other C.F. team. Now is the time to get in - It is really easy to cash out at this point.

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I predict that the GPPA will be a huge success, there are some pretty good people behind it. (i'm told) Love the format..go for it.

Bill Incardona

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Billy for the Positive, Reinforcement

I am the Area Manager for the Pinellas, Hillsborough Counties of Florida and we had 4 teams play the first session,

We played out of CORNER POCKET, Largo, Florida

1 team---SUPERSTAHS got $10,000 SESSION MONEY

1 team--SLOWSTROKES got $800.00 SESSION MONEY

1 team---INIT2WINIT got $800.00 SESSION MONEY

each of these players paid in $192.00 and got paid out atleast $160.00 each and some got $2000.00 each.

AND they are ALL coming back at the end of the year where 1 in 9 teams are going to Las Vegas where the MINIMUM payout is $5,000 for the team and they are playing for

$250,000 ONE QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!

Not bad for the first year of OPERATION!!!

Please email me or contact me if you are in FLORIDA, I would love to put you on a team and give you a chance to get this type of return on Investment!!!

email michaelkennedy_1@yahoo.com

or call me at 727 277 9853

This Sunday, October 12th @ Corner Pocket PoolHall in Largo FLORIDA, we are having the CELEBRATION and PRIZE GIVEOUT, PLUS

MIKE SIGEL---Hall of FAMER AND THE inventor of the Sigel Handicap will be at the Corner Pocket and

BAY NEWS 9 will be doing a Story on this 'EPIC' Largest Session Pool Payout, EVER

So, come and stop by or make a stop from the Florida Posion Tour, Tony Robles Tournament that is going on just up the road at STROKERS poolhall.

We are excited about an opportunity for all the AMATEUR Pool Players (8-Ball) to get involved and enjoy a handicap system where anyone has a chance to win

LIFE CHANGING MONIES and HOPEFULLY it only get bigger as TIME and Sessions go by.

But, the EARLY BIRD GETS THE CASH, you have a great chance of cashing with this structure and handicap system.

Please stop by or PM for any info and don't let this type of opportunity pass you bye.

Take Care

gppaintl.com
area manager--Pinellas/Hillsborough Counties, Florida
Phone# 727 277 9853:thumbup:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am the Area Manager for the Pinellas, Hillsborough Counties of Florida and we had 4 teams play the first session,

each of these players paid in $192.00 and got paid out atleast $160.00 each and some got $2000.00 each.

AND they are ALL coming back at the end of the year where 1 in 9 teams are going to Las Vegas where the MINIMUM payout is $5,000 for the team and they are playing for

Please email me or contact me if you are in FLORIDA, I would love to put you on a team and give you a chance to get this type of return on Investment!!!

This Sunday, October 12th @ Corner Pocket PoolHall in Largo FLORIDA, we are having the CELEBRATION and PRIZE GIVEOUT, PLUS

MIKE SIGEL---Hall of FAMER AND THE inventor of the Sigel Handicap will be at the Corner Pocket and

BAY NEWS 9 will be doing a Story on this 'EPIC' Largest Session Pool Payout, EVER

So, come and stop by or make a stop from the Florida Posion Tour, Tony Robles Tournament that is going on just up the road at STROKERS poolhall.

We are excited about an opportunity for all the AMATEUR Pool Players (8-Ball) to get involved and enjoy a handicap system where anyone has a chance to win

LIFE CHANGING MONIES and HOPEFULLY it only get bigger as TIME and Sessions go by.

But, the EARLY BIRD GETS THE CASH, you have a great chance of cashing with this structure and handicap system.

Please stop by or PM for any info and don't let this type of opportunity pass you bye.

Take Care

gppaintl.com

you paid out a total of 11,600.00 to 3 teams.

how many teams and how long was the session ?

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Take Care

gppaintl.com

Are you telling me that you guaranteed $10,000+ at the end of the session and could only get 4 teams to play?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a bit confusing. How can you have a $10,000 payout for one team in a 4 team league if the total take from each player was about $30 (since they all got most of it back)?

Sounds like the Bank of Change strategy. People may ask us "how do we make money" "The answer is simple... Volume".

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Sounds like the Bank of Change strategy. People may ask us "how do we make money" "The answer is simple... Volume".

Always thought the quote was, "we lose money on every sale but make it up on volume" :rolleyes: .

Anyway, I keep reading about one league in Florida. My understanding was Mike travelled all across America selling his idea. Where are all the other successful leagues? Where are all the startup leagues? One is not enough! Think that's the question the OP asked.

Lyn

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
Is there a better site for information about this league. The only one I found after a brief web search seems to be a little half baked.

http://dev.gppl-preview.com.php53-5.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/

As a side note, the pool industry needs to step up its game online. I know that after 18 years of writing software that my perspective is a little skewed but...damn! It's almost like 1998 called and wants their web sites back. Pool industry web developers, please embrace better support for mobiles, web2.0 and responsive ui. Please! OK, nerd rant over.

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where's the Beef?

Is there a better site for information about this league. The only one I found after a brief web search seems to be a little half baked.

http://dev.gppl-preview.com.php53-5.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/

I'd like to understand the financial aspects of this 8-Ball League that Mike Sigel is promoting.

The website doesn't answer basic questions.

I'd suggest that complete transparency with respect to rules, fees to the promoters, and guaranteed payouts to the players be explained on the website.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate this kind of crap. Why do they market a pool league to make it sound like a scam?

"You could win ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!"

"But that's not all, you could also win a FREE TRIP TO LAS VEGAS!!!!!!"

What's next, "I'M A NIGERIAN PRINCE AND I'LL BE YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION."

Why set up the expectation that your amateur pool league is all about getting some huge payday, rather than to spend some money to have fun? You know how you make money? You get a f-in' job. You play in an amateur pool league to have fun, and you should expect to spend a little money for the opportunity.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
I hate this kind of crap. Why do they market a pool league to make it sound like a scam?

"You could win ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!"

"But that's not all, you could also win a FREE TRIP TO LAS VEGAS!!!!!!"

What's next, "I'M A NIGERIAN PRINCE AND I'LL BE YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION."

Why set up the expectation that your amateur pool league is all about getting some huge payday, rather than to spend some money to have fun? You know how you make money? You get a f-in' job. You play in an amateur pool league to have fun, and you should expect to spend a little money for the opportunity.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I agree with this post.

As someone with an outside perspective, people keep trying to fix pool from the top down.

"We need a better pro tour"
"We need more money in tournaments"
"We need more money in leagues"

IMHO...Wrong!

No offense, but in every other sport I know of, the pro players are just shy of puppets. They don't run the industry, they just make it look cool. Or in the case of sports like bowling, golf and pool they make it look easy. They are window decoration.

Pool halls keep closing down, the top 10 money list players are lucky to cross the $50k mark and the douchebag ratio in pool might be higher than in golf and I didn't actually think that was possible.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. The money is not in the pros or even the "AA" or "A" players. The money is in the beginners and they don't care about $10k leagues. In return for a system that is more accessible and less likely to run them into the ground they will gladly hand over the money they would have otherwise spent on bowling, golf, tennis or whatever else.

You know why pool halls keep going out of business? Because experienced pool players don't want to spend any money. Do you know how many times I have heard pool players complain about $4, $6 or $8 an hour for table time? Many golfers would freak the hell out for that kind of rate. Pool might be the cheapest activity I have ever tried and still people complain about the cost.

For example: I play with a decent hybrid cue that cost me less money than two pairs of running shoes and when I was training for marathons I'd go through a pair every 6-8 weeks.

The reason professional golf pays so well isn't because Tiger woods plays with a $200 driver. Pro golf pays well because after he wins a tournament with that driver 2000 beginners run out and buy the damn thing the next week.

I am still curious about Mike's league but unless it appeals to new players I doubt he is going to keep the kind of volume he would need for those payouts. Sure, the teams that win the big money will keep coming back but eventually the other teams, whose players barely want to pay for table time at a pool hall, will get tired of the $192 (or whatever) entrance fee and stop showing up.