Ultimate rugged by JB cases

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Oh boy.....I hope I am posting this correctly, I think I am, because I am reviewing a pool cue case and I am in the cue case review section of this forum. :grin:
In case you missed that .....
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=417172

JB Ultimate Rugged 3x6 case. I ordered this case from JB cases on Saturday morning, it was sent the same day USPS priority mail and it was in my possession the following Monday afternoon. I ordered directly from JB cases and I could not be happier with the service I received.
Upon opening the box, the case was inside a fabric sleeve, which was a very nice touch.
At first I thought, no way this is a 3x6. I thought it was too small. In fact, it was and is smaller than I had envisioned. It is the same size as an Elite 2x4 I have sitting right beside it and smaller than my last case which was a 3 x 4 vinyl. That is good! I didn't want something to big and almost got the 2 x 5 because of that. Rugged is a great name for this case. I see the quality in every part of its construction. The quality zippers and pulls are very nice. The handles are beasts and the shoulder strap is actually useful and comfy, along with being fully adjustable if your stature is large or small. The stitching appears to be masterful. 3 pockets are awesome with soft padding inside. The ultra pad interior is obviously nice. Very tight when full but I will get used to that and it's not full anyway! I like how high the butts and shafts sit up high and can be easily grabbed and pulled out. I am not sure I will ever need all the protection the case provides, but it's nice to have. The rubber bottom is very nice! WAY better than 4 plastics feet that just slide around.
I am very impressed. I have no real complaints. My jump cue handle barely fits in its pocket, if it was 1/2" longer, it wouldn't fit (it does not fit with a joint protector installed). It's a little tough to get at the zippers on the top of the middle and lower pockets, since the pockets are close. I guess I would like the top small pocket to be larger, there is plenty of room for that. That's all I can come up for less than perfect!
My case is black with red stitching and red interior. Looks nice!!! I would highly recommend contrasting colors for the exterior and the interior, the red interior really pops out when the top is open. I think a black interior would make it hard to see where the butt and shafts go. I picked it out of the in stock cases. I had said this is the last case I will ever buy, but that's not true. Someday I will get another JB Rugged with some added features and custom colors picked by me. Maybe even get my Air Tractor embroidered on it!

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the rugged club. These cases are 1st class. Favor please...would you measure the circumference . I'm thinking of buying a 3/6 or 4/8. I'd like to know how they compare to the(all black) 2/5 that I have. It measures 13". Thanks and enjoy your new case.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Welcome to the rugged club. These cases are 1st class. Favor please...would you measure the circumference . I'm thinking of buying a 3/6 or 4/8. I'd like to know how they compare to the(all black) 2/5 that I have. It measures 13". Thanks and enjoy your new case.

14.5" , maybe a tad less.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
If I'm carrying a player with two shafts, a break cue and a jump cue, would you recommend the 3x6 over the 2x5 because of the tight fit? I often have my case on my back while bicycling, so I'd want to limit the size but if the bigger one is comparable to my current 2x4 vinyl, I'd go with that. I only carry a player and breaker with single shafts now but I feel I should upgrade my case before I upgrade my cues.

I would go with the 3x6. No bigger than an Elite 2x4. If it's a big concern, I assume the 2x 5 would be slightly smaller yet. Will be great protection while on your bike.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
If I'm carrying a player with two shafts, a break cue and a jump cue, would you recommend the 3x6 over the 2x5 because of the tight fit? I often have my case on my back while bicycling, so I'd want to limit the size but if the bigger one is comparable to my current 2x4 vinyl, I'd go with that. I only carry a player and breaker with single shafts now but I feel I should upgrade my case before I upgrade my cues.

The 2x5/3x4 would be perfect for your setup. Your jump but would go in the jump pocket or you could put in in the compartment with the breaker and player. The 3x6 would be too big.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 2x5/3x4 would be perfect for your setup. Your jump but would go in the jump pocket or you could put in in the compartment with the breaker and player. The 3x6 would be too big.

By how much, size and weight wise?

Thanks,
Keith

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Thanks, Allen. This does seem like a different opinion than the OP's. While I know that the 2x5 would have the cue capacity I need, I'm concerned that the review might indicate this is too tight of a squeeze. Maybe I'll address the question with JB when it comes time to order one.

With your configuration it's not a super tight squeeze at all. It is the same configuration I use and it is snug and secure. The 3 butts and 4 shafts config is when it gets tight, but still not to the point of damaging anything. If you ride your bike to the hall you don't want your cues rattling around in your case....you want them secure and I can assure you that the 2x5 will do that for you.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
This is the 2x5 wth 2 butts 4 shafts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,878

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
This is the same with me squeezing the pins to try to make anything touch. Keep in mind I was putting quite a bit of pressure on the butts for this and nothing still touches. I have also fell off of my porch during an ice storm and my case flew about 10 feet across the yard and slammed on the ground. I was about 5 feet off of the ground too when I fell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,755

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP,

I had the opportunity to do a side-by-side comparasion of the 2x5/3x4 and 3x6 Rugged cases in October of last year. To me the difference in size and weight was negligible. I had originally planned to buy a 2x4 on that trip but after doing the comp I chose the 3x6. In my opinion, you won't be bothered by the size of the 3x6 no matter what your mode of transportation is. I would recommend researching the backpack strap option if you're on the bike a lot. Also, the extra space comes in handy when you happen to pick up the occasional stray. Good Luck with your purchase.

Keith

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
OP,

I had the opportunity to do a side-by-side comparasion of the 2x5/3x4 and 3x6 Rugged cases in October of last year. To me the difference in size and weight was negligible. I had originally planned to buy a 2x4 on that trip but after doing the comp I chose the 3x6. In my opinion, you won't be bothered by the size of the 3x6 no matter what your mode of transportation is. I would recommend researching the backpack strap option if you're on the bike a lot. Also, the extra space comes in handy when you happen to pick up the occasional stray. Good Luck with your purchase.

Keith

My thoughts exactly! You will eventually fill it up at times.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Thank you, Allen! I hope you were not hurt in your fall but regardless, if video exists please post it :)

ROFL. I wished video was available. I missed all of the steps and landed on the back of my head and got knocked out for a few seconds. I also broke my glasses in half....BUT the main thing is the cues were not harmed at all.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got an email from Matthew, he said my 1x2 is shipping today!
He also sent pictures to verify if it's what I wanted.
25353259782_0ca662f753_z.jpg

24841138224_8f92ddf160_z.jpg

25471685005_401289fcf7_z.jpg

25378831801_88bda390e7_z.jpg

25378831931_3d999cd427_z.jpg

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
JB, you will love the 1x2. I have one as well, but mine has two pockets instead of one long pocket. I really like the long pocket on yours. That was a smart move. These are super light cases.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB, you will love the 1x2. I have one as well, but mine has two pockets instead of one long pocket. I really like the long pocket on yours. That was a smart move. These are super light cases.

Thanks Allen, I like to travel light. I don't jump and I don't break hard. BTW, I have a son named Allen Brown.

Toxis

Registered
I've read nothing but great things on here about JB cases, two of my friends have his case and they look great. I really want to have one custom made. Problem is, I've emailed them twice and even sent him a message on here about custom embroidery. Over 2 months later, zero responses. If it wasn't for all the rave reviews and comments, I probably would've just found another case company. Does the idea their lack of communication concern anyone else? I mean, if I order one online, how can I be sure they'll even reply? Or do they only reply to paid customers in hopes of not wasting time on people who window shop?

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've read nothing but great things on here about JB cases, two of my friends have his case and they look great. I really want to have one custom made. Problem is, I've emailed them twice and even sent him a message on here about custom embroidery. Over 2 months later, zero responses. If it wasn't for all the rave reviews and comments, I probably would've just found another case company. Does the idea their lack of communication concern anyone else? I mean, if I order one online, how can I be sure they'll even reply? Or do they only reply to paid customers in hopes of not wasting time on people who window shop?

Ask him how he feels about Donald Trump and you'll instantly get his attention.

He will respond to Facebook messages and get you to who you need.