Show us your HOME ROOMS !!

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Man some of these rooms are nice. Mine's just an old Valley coin op in the garage, with a camo paint job, and on caster wheels. Hardly a picture worthy scene at the moment lol

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be it ever so humble . . . . .

Attachments

• Attachment-1.jpeg
    Attachment-1.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,400
  • Attachment-1.jpg
    Attachment-1.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 1,385
Last edited:

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, no matter what the second photo was it kept coming out huge. Not savvy enough to fix it, so there it is. ;-)

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just set this room up in October. Haven't played pool regularly since the 90's.

Attachments

• IMG_2636~photo1.jpg
    IMG_2636~photo1.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 1,170

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Humble or not that is a nice set up. You have a timeless classic there to play on!:smile:

Thanks! My dad gave it to me many, many years ago when they decided they no longer needed the table in their basement (he got it with a previous house they had purchased). It's rough around the edges, survived both my girls growing up, could use new chrome/etc. but the cushions are in good shape and it's level and I like the "old" of it. I'll enjoy it just the way it is for as long as I can play.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks! My dad gave it to me many, many years ago when they decided they no longer needed the table in their basement (he got it with a previous house they had purchased). It's rough around the edges, survived both my girls growing up, could use new chrome/etc. but the cushions are in good shape and it's level and I like the "old" of it. I'll enjoy it just the way it is for as long as I can play.

Awesome. The fact that the table was once your dads makes it even better!:smile:

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gold Crown Finally Arrives

I seriously considered doing this about 12 years ago, and now wish I had! I bought what I think is a very nice Gold Crown I, which had been done-over when the previous owner got it about five years ago. New pocket castings, new feet, new pockets. rail tops are in really nice condition. It's a ball return table. Gray Simonis 860. It's hard to tell in this pic, but the aprons have been painted gray. Only things missing were the ball return box trim and the triangle holder, which I have since acquired form Classic Billiards.

Family%20Room%20with%20Gold%20Crown%20May%2010%202019%20small.jpeg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Figured I'd post again being as I've made some upgrades to the garage...I mean pool room. I added carpet, insulated and drywalled the ceiling, 1" rigid foam insulation with peel and stick "brick" wallpaper on south facing wall and garage doors, two 32" Samsung Smart TV's and a Mr. Cool 12,000 BTU mini split HVAC unit. On a 100 degree SoCal day, it stays a very comfortable 72 degrees inside.

47822584262_30557bc646_z.jpg

Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great job, Rexus31, on the poolroom changes - love the walls especially! Reminds me of being back in a vintage, small hometown pool hall like I grew up playing in. Love the custom light you did to match the table.

~K.

Thanks a million for the invite to knock a few around and enjoy that beautiful pool room when I’m in your area! It’s on my radar. Soon

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great job, Rexus31, on the poolroom changes - love the walls especially! Reminds me of being back in a vintage, small hometown pool hall like I grew up playing in. Love the custom light you did to match the table.

~K.

Thank you, sir. Let me know when you're in LA so we can knock a few around.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Figured I'd post again being as I've made some upgrades to the garage...I mean pool room. I added carpet, insulated and drywalled the ceiling, 1" rigid foam insulation with peel and stick "brick" wallpaper on north facing wall and garage doors, two 32" Samsung Smart TV's and a Mr. Cool 12,000 BTU mini split HVAC unit. On a 100 degree SoCal day, it stays a very comfortable 72 degrees inside.

47822584262_30557bc646_z.jpg

Super nice. What kind of table is that?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seriously considered doing this about 12 years ago, and now wish I had! I bought what I think is a very nice Gold Crown I, which had been done-over when the previous owner got it about five years ago. New pocket castings, new feet, new pockets. rail tops are in really nice condition. It's a ball return table. Gray Simonis 860. It's hard to tell in this pic, but the aprons have been painted gray. Only things missing were the ball return box trim and the triangle holder, which I have since acquired form Classic Billiards.

Family%20Room%20with%20Gold%20Crown%20May%2010%202019%20small.jpeg

This is a wonderful room. It Looks very nice.

You need a lil' vintage potbelly stove heater over there in the corner. It would fit the look of this room perfectly.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Super nice. What kind of table is that?

It's an AMF commercial model; unsure of the actual model name or vintage. I would guesstimate '40's or '50's; similar in design to a Brunswick Sport King or Anniversary. I had threaded inserts installed for the casting and skirt mounts and modified the castings and side rails (at side pockets) to accept Gold Crown drop pockets; Artemis rubber with subrails extended to accommodate 4" corners, 4.875" sides. The shelves are shallow so it plays tight but fair. As Kerry pointed out, I built a custom light to match.

43109288661_76e1f1f740_b.jpg

Last edited: