Earl Kellum

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I started back playing, the first thing I did was call his number, only to have his wife tell me he had died of a heart attack. I had been out of touch with pool and all pool players for many years. We traveled to many states and many spots, and made some good scores together, and all the older road players knew Earl. For some reason, I always played some of my best pool while on the road with Earl. He was a great tournament and money player and played good on all tables. I really miss Earl and if you knew him, give us a story.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

I did not know your friend but I am sorry for your loss. The memories really flood in when an old friend passes on.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Earl Kellum could play with the best of them, was at a tournament in Tupelo, Mississippi back in the early 80's and after the tournament Earl was playing Louie Roberts, Louie got 3rd place in the tournament, well Earl beat Louie so bad on the bar box Louie slammed his 3rd place trophy into a wall and it shattered everywhere, thought it was funny to myself, Earl and my brother Calvin played plenty of times for 2-3 days , flip a coin on who would win, I miss Earl, think of him often!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl Kellum could play with the best of them, was at a tournament in Tupelo, Mississippi back in the early 80's and after the tournament Earl was playing Louie Roberts, Louie got 3rd place in the tournament, well Earl beat Louie so bad on the bar box Louie slammed his 3rd place trophy into a wall and it shattered everywhere, thought it was funny to myself, Earl and my brother Calvin played plenty of times for 2-3 days , flip a coin on who would win, I miss Earl, think of him often!
I remember when Earl came thru Tulsa. We were at joint called the 21stStreetStation. Lotta action then(early-mid 80's) with all the locals. Earl steered clear of Randy but pretty much beat everyone else. Also, he used the first sneaky-pete i ever saw. An original Meucci sp. Hell, i thought it was a house pole til i saw him unscrew. Guy could flat play on those Valleys.