Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Griff’s Bar & Billiards $5000 added barbox

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Griff’s Bar & Billiards $5000 added barbox
Old
  (#1)
1 Lone Wolf
AzB Silver Member
1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Griff’s Bar & Billiards $5000 added barbox - 08-13-2018, 08:54 PM

Griff’s is hosting a $5000 added bartable event Nov. 23,24 and 25th
We will be doing a player auction Friday at 8 pm!

Old
  (#2)
TheMarsMan
Nice Gun!
TheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

08-13-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Lone Wolf View Post
Griff’s is hosting a $5000 added bartable event Nov. 23,24 and 25th
We will be doing a player auction Friday at 8 pm!
Haven't had a chance to check out Griff's yet, I will try and make this event should be a lot of fun and weather in Vegas is a lot nicer than Michigan in the end of November!

Old
  (#3)
1 Lone Wolf
AzB Silver Member
1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute1 Lone Wolf has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2018, 12:33 AM

See you in November

Old
  (#4)
btown
AzB Silver Member
btown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2018, 05:36 AM

Playing a 7' tournament with the 9 ball on the spot is enough to make me turn my head. Who wants to travel to play a new game?

Why do we have to keep changing the rules?

Should people start practicing 7' table 9 on the spot now? Makes no sense!

Old
  (#5)
mikepage
AzB Silver Member
mikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btown View Post
Playing a 7' tournament with the 9 ball on the spot is enough to make me turn my head. Who wants to travel to play a new game?

Should people start practicing 7' table 9 on the spot now? Makes no sense!
I am trying to understand your objection; isn't this just trying to play 9-ball without allowing the break shot to suck the meat and bones out of the game?

mike page
http://www.fargorate.com
player ratings for the world

Old
  (#6)
btown
AzB Silver Member
btown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2018, 06:40 AM

I will use tennis as an example.

What if at one of the next big tennis tournaments they move the serve line?

Because it is to easy for Nadal and Federer to ace their opponents..

By changing the serve line you have just changed a huge portion of the game.

People do not practice from the new serve line you just created.

It becomes a gaff game. Might as well make it a handicap event also.

A true professional will feel the need to practice the 9 on the spot now. But all the other tournaments and action he will get will be regular 1 on the spot..

It just doesn't make any sense to fool with the rules.

They changed a lot of international 9' to 9 on the spot. A long with a bunch of other stupid rules. All they did was make the game worse. IMHO

Old
  (#7)
tucson9ball
AzB Silver Member
tucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 175

08-14-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I will use tennis as an example.

What if at one of the next big tennis tournaments they move the serve line?

Because it is to easy for Nadal and Federer to ace their opponents..

By changing the serve line you have just changed a huge portion of the game.

People do not practice from the new serve line you just created.

It becomes a gaff game. Might as well make it a handicap event also.

A true professional will feel the need to practice the 9 on the spot now. But all the other tournaments and action he will get will be regular 1 on the spot..

It just doesn't make any sense to fool with the rules.

They changed a lot of international 9' to 9 on the spot. A long with a bunch of other stupid rules. All they did was make the game worse. IMHO

I highlighted the main subject. Yes, if you want to win this tournament, you will practice breaking with the 9 on the spot. Griff's is adding $5,000 so it could pay off well to the players who practice. Just sayin.....

Chris

Old
  (#8)
eddieindetroit
AzB Silver Member
eddieindetroit has a reputation beyond reputeeddieindetroit has a reputation beyond reputeeddieindetroit has a reputation beyond reputeeddieindetroit has a reputation beyond reputeeddieindetroit has a reputation beyond reputeeddieindetroit has a reputation beyond reputeeddieindetroit has a reputation beyond reputeeddieindetroit has a reputation beyond reputeeddieindetroit has a reputation beyond reputeeddieindetroit has a reputation beyond reputeeddieindetroit has a reputation beyond repute

08-14-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson9ball View Post
I highlighted the main subject. Yes, if you want to win this tournament, you will practice breaking with the 9 on the spot. Griff's is adding $5,000 so it could pay off well to the players who practice. Just sayin.....
If you let btown run the tourney we can watch true professionals do what they are already good at...….and those that enjoy the action can make book on something true professionals are already good at instead of wagering on true professionals competing at a gaff they have never played outside Griffs.

Old
  (#9)
btown
AzB Silver Member

08-15-2018, 05:28 AM

Regardless this will probably be a good tournament and maybe fill up.

But I bet if it don't fill up it will have a little to do with the 9 on the spot format.

I would play still if I was a lot closer, but I won't buy a plane ticket to go play a new format I've never in my life played. I have played a lot of pool also.

Griff's Tournament
Old
  (#10)
GoPlayPool
Search. Find. Play.
GoPlayPool has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlayPool has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlayPool has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlayPool has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlayPool has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlayPool has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlayPool has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlayPool has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlayPool has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlayPool has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlayPool has a reputation beyond repute

Griff's Tournament - 08-15-2018, 06:26 AM

Here is the flyer to share!

Search. Find. Play.
Download the FREE GoPlayPool App!

Old
  (#11)
Paul Schofield
AzB Gold Member
Paul Schofield has a reputation beyond reputePaul Schofield has a reputation beyond reputePaul Schofield has a reputation beyond reputePaul Schofield has a reputation beyond reputePaul Schofield has a reputation beyond reputePaul Schofield has a reputation beyond reputePaul Schofield has a reputation beyond reputePaul Schofield has a reputation beyond reputePaul Schofield has a reputation beyond reputePaul Schofield has a reputation beyond reputePaul Schofield has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Only one reason: To save the ball-on-the-break. Futile effort.

Shoot what you break.

Larry Hubbart was 87.5% right.

Last edited by Paul Schofield; 08-15-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Nine on the spot.
Old
  (#12)
Rico
AzB Silver Member
Rico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond repute

Question Nine on the spot. - 08-17-2018, 03:51 PM

I myself think if you dont want the 9 on the break ,just spot it and breaker still shoots.Play call shot on everything after the break.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: