Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Who is responsible --- for items not received
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Who is responsible --- for items not received
Old
  (#1)
Pool Player 101
Banned
Pool Player 101 has a reputation beyond reputePool Player 101 has a reputation beyond reputePool Player 101 has a reputation beyond reputePool Player 101 has a reputation beyond reputePool Player 101 has a reputation beyond reputePool Player 101 has a reputation beyond reputePool Player 101 has a reputation beyond reputePool Player 101 has a reputation beyond reputePool Player 101 has a reputation beyond reputePool Player 101 has a reputation beyond reputePool Player 101 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Who is responsible --- for items not received - 10-21-2009, 07:01 AM

Just a question:

Buyer agrees to buy item from AZ seller. Not expensive item. Let's say $100.00 or so.

Seller ships item to buyer, using least expensive shipping, because of low cost of item sold.

Buyer does not receive item.

Seller has not requested premium shipping, insurance, or item tracking, due to minimal value of item transacted.

Buyer never receives item. Seller swears that item has been shipped.

Who is responsible to do what?

BTW: both buyer and seller have STELLAR iTrade ratings, so we will assume that both are telling the truth. i.e.; Buyer has really NOT received the item and Seller has really shipped the item as described.

Ya, Ya, Ya ..... I know: Nothing is listed for sale in this thread!

The seller is always responsable unless:
Old
  (#2)
nick serdula
AzB Gold Member
nick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

The seller is always responsable unless: - 10-21-2009, 07:06 AM

The buyer insist on no shipping insurance.
Nick

Old
  (#3)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...

Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

10-21-2009, 07:13 AM

I'd agree with Nick on that

Old
  (#4)
SK Custom Cues
AzB Silver Member
SK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond reputeSK Custom Cues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100
  Send a message via Skype™ to SK Custom Cues 
10-21-2009, 07:14 AM

I am going though an ordeal right now with Bell Forest Products. I ordered some wood last week and I paid it through paypal. On my paypal, I have a PO Box. I saw that they use UPS and wondered about that, but UPS will deliver to POB.

Via tracking I saw that the package was delivered, but to the next town over. I called them, and they mentioned how UPS called USPS and tried to get a street address from them. They got an address, but apparently it was the wrong address. The driver dropped my package off at the wrong place and is currently trying to reclaim my package and bring it to my house.

The guys at Bell Forest have been more than courteous and helpful and understand I am a repeat customer, so they will try and make sure I get what I ordered. I feel that no matter what, both sides should cooperate and take responsibility in making sure the deal is followed through as agreed.

The problem most times, is lack of communication and leaving things 'up to chance'. If you are clear about your sale up front and they buyer is clear about the conditions, there will be no problems. The problems come from hastiness and wrong assumptions.

"It's what a man knows about himself on the inside that makes him afraid."

- Clint Eastwood

Old
  (#5)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

10-21-2009, 07:25 AM

Seller is IMHO. not the BUYER

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Last edited by CocoboloCowboy; 10-21-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Old
  (#6)
GBCues
Damn, still .002 TIR!
GBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond reputeGBCues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-21-2009, 07:44 AM

I think all of the delivery services require that the shipper, not the receiver file damage claims or not-delivered claims, don't they?

The point being that the delivery service won't do anything about a receiver complaint, I think.

But I was wrong once before.

Player - GBCues 18oz BEM Front, Leather Wrap, and Black Walnut Buttcap Player. OB-2 Shaft
BreakStick - GBCues 17oz Marblewood Front, Leather Wrap, Mahogany Butt Cap (Black Walnut Shaft)

Old
  (#7)
ABall
Right behind you...
ABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond reputeABall has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5975

10-21-2009, 08:00 AM

The seller is responsible. The seller should always get tracking and insurance to cover lost/damaged/stolen packages. Let me just ask you this, how could the buyer be responsible for the package if he never receives it in the first place?

Old
  (#8)
FAST_N_LOOSE
<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
FAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

10-21-2009, 08:04 AM

SEVERAL FACTORS NEED TO BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT:

WAS THE ITEM ADVERTISED WITH OPTIONAL INSURANCE THAT THE BUYER PASSED ON?

IS IT STATED IN THE LISTING THAT IT WAS BEING SENT UNINSURED, UNLESS FASTER SHIPPING/INSURANCE WAS PURCHASED.

Marcus

"IF YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT A JOB IS DONE POORLY, PAY FOR EVERYTHING UP FRONT"

Old
  (#9)
1pRoscoe
AzB Silver Member
1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute1pRoscoe has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST_N_LOOSE View Post
SEVERAL FACTORS NEED TO BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT:

WAS THE ITEM ADVERTISED WITH OPTIONAL INSURANCE THAT THE BUYER PASSED ON?

IS IT STATED IN THE LISTING THAT IT WAS BEING SENT UNINSURED, UNLESS FASTER SHIPPING/INSURANCE WAS PURCHASED.

Marcus
Which is why I only ship USPS with tracking and (if warranted) signature confirmation.

The extra $1 is not worth the headache..

I has wood.

well
Old
  (#10)
turbo billards
i call it the octagon
turbo billards has a reputation beyond reputeturbo billards has a reputation beyond reputeturbo billards has a reputation beyond reputeturbo billards has a reputation beyond reputeturbo billards has a reputation beyond reputeturbo billards has a reputation beyond reputeturbo billards has a reputation beyond reputeturbo billards has a reputation beyond reputeturbo billards has a reputation beyond reputeturbo billards has a reputation beyond reputeturbo billards has a reputation beyond repute

well - 10-21-2009, 09:23 AM

thats why i always make sure they have to sign for it that way there is no confusion

"would you like your coke in the can"
"no ill take it right here"
Clark Griswald

"You Better Go see the wizard"
Danny Hill

Old
  (#11)
FAST_N_LOOSE
FAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond reputeFAST_N_LOOSE has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pRoscoe View Post
Which is why I only ship USPS with tracking and (if warranted) signature confirmation.

The extra $1 is not worth the headache..
I GET THAT POINT, BUT THERE ARE TIMES WHERE I SELL SMALL ITEMS, VERY CHEAP, JUST TO HELP OUT THE AZ COMMUNITY. LIKE THE WIZARD TIPS I SOLD, I SOLD AT BASICLY COST, AND GAVE THE OPTION TO THE BUYERS TO ADD THEIR OWN PROTECTION. IF THEY CHOSE NOT TO, I CAN'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. PEOPLE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHOICES WE MAKE IN LIFE, EVEN THE LITTLE ONES LIKE TRYING TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS ON SHIPPING.

Marcus

"IF YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT A JOB IS DONE POORLY, PAY FOR EVERYTHING UP FRONT"

Offer it..
Old
  (#12)
CueCaps
Retired..................

CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

Offer it.. - 10-21-2009, 09:32 AM

I charge for Shipping AND Insurance for all my caps. That's the policy of Cue Caps..
If the client tells me they don't want Insurance, then, I deduct it and
my e-mail requesting to cancel that insurance coverage is my record for no liability/responsibility for non-receipt of /or damage of cue caps..
When I order stuff and it's valueble/ expensive/fragile, I ask for insurance..
I don't use the Delivery Comformation because it's usually what happens in between that 'causes
the trouble. I'd rather put that money to Insurance coverage..
That will cover everything. Even if the guy did receive it and is lying, I will get the money back as lost goods. Buyer would have to fill out the Insurance claim also, so, let him make the statement and sign that he didn't receive it. Now, it's more documented and action will be required.. Either get money back or the guy gets procuted for Fraud? Against the US Postal Service.
CYA..Shit happens..
Alton
Hey Marcus, where's the girls???
Oh yea, they disappear when I go online..
Just like everywhere I show-up, they disappear, or, more like "Run-away"??

"Their sense of entitlement is repulsive"
"Man's greed never changes, only his methods"
"Ignorance is not a bad word, but, it does cause a lot of problems"
- Alton Takata

http://www.cuecaps.com/

Last edited by CueCaps; 10-21-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Spell check need here!!

Old
  (#13)
FAST_N_LOOSE

10-21-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueCaps View Post

Hey Marcus, where's the girls???
THEY SHOULD BE THERE..... I CAN SEE EM.

Marcus

Seller is responsible...
Old
  (#14)
rburgoyne
AzB Silver Member
rburgoyne has a reputation beyond reputerburgoyne has a reputation beyond reputerburgoyne has a reputation beyond reputerburgoyne has a reputation beyond reputerburgoyne has a reputation beyond reputerburgoyne has a reputation beyond reputerburgoyne has a reputation beyond reputerburgoyne has a reputation beyond reputerburgoyne has a reputation beyond reputerburgoyne has a reputation beyond reputerburgoyne has a reputation beyond repute

Seller is responsible... - 10-21-2009, 10:10 AM

If you think of each transaction as a trade, a buyer is trading his money for your merchandise. The buyer sends the seller payment first so the seller has gotten his half in the deal. Now its the sellers turn to deliver the merchandise to the buyer. If the buyer never receives his half of the deal, why should the buyer be SOL when he did his part? It should be that simple.

As far as offering, asking for and declining insurance, just offer it up front as part of the price, and tell the seller its mandatory if they ask to have it removed. This way there is never any doubt and any high dollar items are covered if they are lost.

Play Cue: Jeff Olney
Break Cue: Andy Gilbert J/B
Other Cues: Robert Burgoyne , Jacoby Jumper, Huebler
Case: OnQCases

"Shape don't mean S*** when you're sitting down" - me

Old
  (#15)
CueCaps
Retired..................

CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

10-21-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburgoyne View Post

As far as offering, asking for and declining insurance, just offer it up front as part of the price, and tell the seller its mandatory if they ask to have it removed. This way there is never any doubt and any high dollar items are covered if they are lost.
You mean Buyer? not seller??
I don't know if you can call it a trade, 'cause get other guys/factors involved (The carrier, station workers, etc)..

"Their sense of entitlement is repulsive"
"Man's greed never changes, only his methods"
"Ignorance is not a bad word, but, it does cause a lot of problems"
- Alton Takata

http://www.cuecaps.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: