Snooker ball rack
Old
  (#1)
paaca
AzB Silver Member
paaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Snooker ball rack - 02-17-2020, 02:49 PM

Does anyone have any experience using the kind of rack you see referees use when racking for the world's best players (O'Sullivan et al)? We frequently get inconsistent racking in the league I play in. Does the pink ball go in the rack with the red balls, or is there a pointer at the top of the triangle which points at the pink spot and allows perfect alignment all the time? If they are the greatest thing since sliced bread I want one and I would appreciate some advice about where to buy. Thanks in advance. Paul

Old
  (#2)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaca View Post
Does anyone have any experience using the kind of rack you see referees use when racking for the world's best players (O'Sullivan et al)? We frequently get inconsistent racking in the league I play in. Does the pink ball go in the rack with the red balls, or is there a pointer at the top of the triangle which points at the pink spot and allows perfect alignment all the time? If they are the greatest thing since sliced bread I want one and I would appreciate some advice about where to buy. Thanks in advance. Paul
Here's some links
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAHQAAAAAQBw

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...r4kDegUIARDPAQ

notice that the pink ball doesn't freeze to the top red ball...not allowed in snooker

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
paaca
AzB Silver Member
paaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond reputepaaca has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2020, 02:56 PM

I appreciate the response. The links you provided were interesting but unfortunately don't tell me where to go to buy one or what the price is. Do you have such information?

Cheers,

Paul

Old
  (#4)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the response. The links you provided were interesting but unfortunately don't tell me where to go to buy one or what the price is. Do you have such information?

Cheers,

Paul
pretty pricey
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ZSQQbC74Dx7Lhf

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#5)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-07-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
A standard rack works fine once you see how far back from the pink to place it.

The working rule is that the pink goes on it's spot and the fifteen reds must be racked close enough to the pink that it cannot be potted past the apex red. To aid you in racking, you could put two light marks along the back of the rack for positioning if you can't judge from the pink spot.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#6)
paaca
AzB Silver Member

03-08-2020, 06:52 AM

The 'pro' triangle is VERY pricey (97.20 pounds is about $175 Canadian) and not worth it. I'm going to forget about it. Thanks for your help.

Old
  (#7)
drsnooker
AzB Silver Member
drsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2020, 05:12 PM

Or a cheap knock-off. Down side if you aren't tall (6') you cannot see over the top red to see the pink spot so you might as well buy a regular triangle.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...339355851.html

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: