Spot Shot Aiming Methods

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
A shot all of us face at one point or another is the do or die SPOT SHOT. How do you shoot yours when faced with it? What method of aiming do you use to home in to the exact angle and contact between the CB and OB? Is your stroke strong enough to do it over and over without missing even when the CB is moved around the table to different areas? Is it always a half ball aim and hit? If the CB is moved, what changes are made to make it?

Here's a way to do it with the same aim line, over and over from different parts of the table:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdTBDO_6au4&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=22&t=0s

Please do make a video showing how you do it with explanation.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Half Ball Spot Shot - Easy Setup.jpg

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
never mind.
That didn't take long.
Another flame war.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Maybe there's a course you can take to learn how to interpret them... or maybe have a friend explain it to you.

pj
chgo

Maybe you can grow some big boy "nads" and do a video for everyone to see what the real genius looks like and how he holds a cue.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great illustration.
When the cue ball is at the #2 and #1 ball position, I actually have a higher percentage when I drop my elbow and exaggerate the follow.

I visualize the ghost ball and imagine there's a golf tee on the table right at the center of the gb. Line up the body then go down.

Stan is incorrect. He is falling behind on the latest in aiming ideas. There is a method by which you can set up the shot and KNOW it is a half ball hit (or any other hit, for that matter). It is called Poolology.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Great illustration.
When the cue ball is at the #2 and #1 ball position, I actually have a higher percentage when I drop my elbow and exaggerate the follow.

I visualize the ghost ball and imagine there's a golf tee on the table right at the center of the gb. Line up the body then go down.

Who are you going down on? (I mean how far)

Video Joey, video. We all KNOW a spot shot "can" be made with a center ball 1/2 ball aim from a certain spot. But "will" it be made by a specific human shooting it.

It also has to do with the STROKE and how many spot shots can be made with the CB at different locations. Also to see if hitting a bazillion balls into the center diamond of the end rail back to the spot and cue tip on the opposite side guarantees a pure straight stroke.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Stan is incorrect. He is falling behind on the latest in aiming ideas. There is a method by which you can set up the shot and KNOW it is a half ball hit (or any other hit, for that matter). It is called Poolology.

The last time this came up, PJ and Brian were at odds with the degrees.

Demonstrate it on video Dan. You're an avid student of Poolology.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
never mind.
That didn't take long.
Another flame war.

Glad you could make your guest appearance as #4 on the original list from 3 years ago.

And this is exactly the reason you're listed as the #4 instigator of the hostile fivesome.

WHO OF THE 5 WILL BE NEXT? We have #1,#2, #5 and #4 today. One more to go and we can all sing, "Hail, Hail, the gangs all here"

Forum Rules Post To Mike Howerton: 9-26-17
Do you really want to see the bashing come to an end? If so, this new rule certainly isn't doing very much.

Your last 3 lines above spell out BAN times. My suggestion is to not have BANS from the entire forum.

But certain individuals who habitually can't control themselves with the CTE Aiming System need to be forbidden to enter any conversation regarding the subject.

#1 on the list is LOU FIGUEROA. He was the primary attacker 20 years ago and still holds a vendetta for it and is the primary attacker today as evidenced in his latest posts. It never stops.

#2 is DAN White.

#3 is BC21, Brian.

#4 JoeyInCali

If #5 is coming back to the forum in the short future it would be PAT JOHNSON. They have no control and revel in their creation of mayhem and dirt.

#6 ENGLISH! Nobody on the planet worse. Around the clock 24/7 posting on all the forums but Aiming is the worst.

Prohibit them from entering into any discussion about CTE or CENTER TO EDGE; starting their own posts about it; interacting with any and all known CTE users reg proponents, and creator of CTE; bringing it up in any other threads related to another aiming system.

Do you want peace and quiet? Try it for one or two months as an experiment and I'll bet the aiming forum gets as quiet as an empty church. If you don't, nothing will change. It's in your hands Mike.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Right, it didn't take long before you and PJ playing your juvenile game.
How about you quit being a b!tc# ?
Like your list means anything.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Right, it didn't take long before you and PJ playing your juvenile game.
How about you quit being a b!tc# ?
Like your list means anything.

The list means A LOT! It was written 3 years ago when all of you were the flame war starters for every single thread, post, or aimed at a poster involved in CTE.

Here you are still doing it. EACH of you every single day.

Why don't you do a video Joey? Nobody on here has ever seen you play pool. Not even guys who live in CA. You say you do but who knows?

Do a video and show your stuff. Chicken? Do what this guy is doing any way your little heart desires. Just explain while doing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdTBDO_6au4&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=22&t=7s

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Oh, and this is no longer an aiming thread.
It's not about aiming.

Oh the FOUR OF YOU definitely did everything you could to sidetrack and turn it into something else other than an aiming thread which is always the case daily.

I see your memory is as short as you are so here's some help to refresh it:

Spot Shot Aiming Methods

A shot all of us face at one point or another is the do or die SPOT SHOT. How do you shoot yours when faced with it? What method of aiming do you use to home in to the exact angle and contact between the CB and OB? Is your stroke strong enough to do it over and over without missing even when the CB is moved around the table to different areas? Is it always a half ball aim and hit? If the CB is moved, what changes are made to make it?

Here's a way to do it with the same aim line, over and over from different parts of the table:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdTBDO_6au4&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=22&t=0s

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Oh the FOUR OF YOU definitely did everything you could to sidetrack and turn it into something else other than an aiming thread.

I see your memory is as short as you are so here's some help to refresh it:

Spot Shot Aiming Methods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdTB...&index=22&t=0s

Is that your video ?
And it's also UNAVAILABLE .

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
That's Stan.
Not you.

We don't need me. We need YOU. I've done multiple videos on this forum over the years. They're all here easily found.

Stan should do it and he did to PROVE what he's been teaching. Stan is the primary bullseye for the five of you. Do what HE DID only do it YOUR WAY.

Nobody even knows what you look like let alone has ever seen you shoot pool. The only picture I've ever seen of you was in your DISCO outfit imitating John Travolta.

I would imagine you also have a chauffer's outfit too.

Do a video Joey. Lets see whatchagot. Don't be a little weasel trying to pass it off and weasel out.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
We don't need me. We need YOU. I've done multiple videos on this forum over the years. They're all here easily found.

Stan should do it and he did to PROVE what he's been teaching. Stan is the primary bullseye for the five of you. Do what HE DID only do it YOUR WAY.

Nobody even knows what you look like let alone has ever seen you shoot pool. The only picture I've ever seen of you was in your DISCO outfit imitating John Travolta.

I would imagine you also have a chauffer's outfit too.

Do a video Joey. Lets see whatchagot. Don't be a little weasel trying to pass it off and weasel out.
You're daring us to shoot as straight as Stan while you haven't done it yourself ?
LOL
You can't shoot as straight as Stan with his CTE.
And if you can't , you're a hypocrite in challenging people to shoot as straight as that .

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You're daring us to shoot as straight as Stan while you haven't done it yourself ?
LOL
You can't shoot as straight as Stan with his CTE.
And if you can't , you're a hypocrite in challenging people to shoot as straight as that .

I shot pretty straight when I posted Colin's Potting test a number of years ago. I didn't see your scared butt attempting anything.

I haven't seen YOU attempt ANYTHING. All you do is troll and flame.

Put a video up, anything.

Btw Joey, it's only a friggin' SPOT SHOT. Are you saying you can't even do THAT?

Pretty pathetic.