Shane Van Boening playing with extension why??

Hollismason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a short guy 5 '8 and honestly I think a longer cue with a extended taper would probably help me in some shots. What do other people think?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
A cue maker told me that the appropriate length for a cue should be that the tip touches your bottom lip with the butt of the cue on the floor.

For me, that is 57-58 inches.

The length of cues should not be the same for everyone. They should be adjusted for your height, arm length, bridge length, etc.

I call BS on that
Jason

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cuetec r360 cue with the extension. Mine is 18 oz and plays really well.
With the extension on , the cue feels terrible ! Anyone that has grown up playing
with a well balanced cue ( 1973 ivory joint JOSS, Bob Frey sneaky , Bob Frey
made to my specs custom cue ) will feel the 'butt heavy' extension as really bad.
It makes the cue play so different, you have to adjust your speed of stroke, your aim,
and sometimes how you play the shot for position. I'll stay with a well balanced cue.
IMO, if you have to take a lot of time to get used to a new cue, its not right for you.
Good luck

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cuetec r360 cue with the extension. Mine is 18 oz and plays really well.
With the extension on , the cue feels terrible ! Anyone that has grown up playing
made to my specs custom cue ) will feel the 'butt heavy' extension as really bad.
It makes the cue play so different, you have to adjust your speed of stroke, your aim,
and sometimes how you play the shot for position. I'll stay with a well balanced cue.
IMO, if you have to take a lot of time to get used to a new cue, its not right for you.
Good luck

I'm still waiting for Cuetec to offer the extension for the R360 again. Somebody said on this forum that they were planning on re-issuing them in May but May has nearly come and gone already.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am 6' tall. I bought and played a 'mid' BR about 8 months ago to check out the reach and playability for me and if it would be advantageous other that reach.

Took my cue to around 21oz and 62" way too heavy and long for me. Playing with a 30/30 split 60"er now @19.2oz. Plays nice. Weird when I took one of my standard 58" cues out after a few months, they felt way short like a 'mini cue' even though it was just 2 " difference.

Thinking I will stick with 60" cues in any future orders or snags and perhaps a short screw in butt extension to help minimize/eliminate the rake grab. But who knows with me and this game:speechless:

Have a good weekend,

-Kat,

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good luck

What makes you think Shane took a lot of time to get used to it? I mean, the guy is one of the best on earth. You know better than he which cue he likes and should use? Shane isn't you, and more than likely sees many pool related things very differently than you do.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
As soon as I heard about the BR mid extension, I jumped on it. I was flipping through a supply catalog putting pretty stars next to cues I liked at the pool hall (the owner swears if they ever find out who is marking up their catalog.... yeah yeah yeah), but anyways.... I ordered one and it was cool. Not too heavy. I think it adds like 1.5 ounces to the total weight, I didn't even notice it. I rolled the stick after putting it together and got lucky, just a slight roll that I could live with. Others have not had such wondrous luck.

I totally didn't like it. So I shot with it for a month and bagged it for 6 months. Then took it out and tried again.... better, because my stroke was better and I had more patience to have fun with it. Took about another month for me to feel comfy and confident with it. I hated looking down to set up my shot to see the BALANCE-RITE logo staring back at me, so I used some of this goop that eats varnish off wood and its gone now. I tell everyone that George Balabushka made the extension for me. He turned it from the peg leg of Captain Ahab. So exclusive.

Its a good extension. I'm a large human. I feel more relaxed in my shoulders and it even shifted the way I plant my feet ever-so slightly. I feel good. It's a keeper.

Lesh

Last edited: