Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page What's your greatest pool accomplishment?
Page 3 of 6 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
06-16-2017, 09:29 AM

I would say three:
Getting my me for $10 in calcutta that paid about 850.for my finish
Getting my me for $5 in calcutta that paid about 400.for my finish
Not having to get a real job until i was over 30...though i do have a coupel friends who retired from military befor they hit 50. That just might make all the above the worst things that happened c/o pool.

Fuggem! They all got 10-8 and the crackles!!!

Old
  (#32)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-16-2017, 09:33 AM

Well, several things come to mind, but lately it was beating SVB at the US Open 14.1 in 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1AQ21-oBmU
Sometimes it's hard to find good commentators.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

My greatest accomplishment
Old
  (#33)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

My greatest accomplishment - 06-16-2017, 10:01 AM

Winning $60 from a guy in a pool hall dump on Vincinnes Avenue, Chicago, and being able to walk out alive......with the money.

Old
  (#34)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2017, 10:04 AM

Here's my current top three pool accomplishments:

1.) The Video Encyclopedia of Pool Shots (VEPS), a truly epic DVD series with Tom Ross.

2.) The Billiard University (BU) and the BU Playing-Ability Exams.

3.) Playing my first-ever perfect match in last year's VNEA Open Singles Tournament in Vegas: B&R, TR, B&R, TR, B&R, not one missed shot or dry break. My opponent pocketed only 3 balls.

Fun thread,
Dave

Last edited by dr_dave; 06-16-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Old
  (#35)
clydeNbonnie
AzB Silver Member
clydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post
Sure hope I don't break my arm patting myself on the back on this one but.....
In the past six years, I've won the Super Billiards Expo Super Seniors event twice, finished second once, third/fourth once, one did not play and one fifth/eight finish where I had to forfeit due to a conflicting Seniors match. Also finished in the top 64 players in the Open event out of the 1024 entered this year. Beat a few of them youngsters along the way too .

Lyn
Well aren't you just a tough old cookie who likes to beat young ones.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#36)
Skess
Another sidearmer...
Skess has a reputation beyond reputeSkess has a reputation beyond reputeSkess has a reputation beyond reputeSkess has a reputation beyond reputeSkess has a reputation beyond reputeSkess has a reputation beyond reputeSkess has a reputation beyond reputeSkess has a reputation beyond reputeSkess has a reputation beyond reputeSkess has a reputation beyond reputeSkess has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2017, 10:33 AM

I've had some cool moments playing pool, but one of my favorites was a 5th set of a final. Match is 2-2 and I'm playing against a 5. The race is 5-3.

My opponent won the lag and broke. He made a ball on the break and ran 3 more before missing. I went to the table and ran out. I broke and ran the next 3 to get it to 4-0 and snapped an 8 to win the match 5-0. That was the first time I ever ran 4 racks and to do it in the 5th set of a finals made it even better.

Old
  (#37)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-16-2017, 10:36 AM

There are several for me, both as a player and as a teacher! Finishing 3rd at a national tournament; playing in the final tournament of a "king of the hill" event at Tom Karabotsos' Cue Can Do, where I triumphed over Neal Jacobs, Larry Schwartz, and Marco Marquez...all well known players...only to be Billy Incardona's rack b!tch in the finals! This was the best I ever played, because every match I had one game, my opponents were on the hill, and I clawed my way back to hill-hill and won; and lastly getting a 30-zip in the VNEA, which was the only one in the entire western US that year (lived in MT at the time).

As a teacher, I had the honor of teaching the BCA Summer Youth Cue Camp, with Jerry Briesath and Mark Wilson for the three years it was held...Sarah Rousey came from these camps; taking a college student from being a beginner all the way to winning the Collegiate National Championship; teaching 1000's of players how to improve...many who became, or already were great players...I've been fortunate to work with a couple of stars, SVB and April Larson!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

PBIA Master Instructor

finally threw them all away
Old
  (#38)
worktheknight
AzB Silver Member
worktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond repute

finally threw them all away - 06-16-2017, 10:47 AM

I have only played in Amateur events

Some Minnesota State Titles, Seven State Titles, some VNEA World Championship Titles.

Really fond of a 2nd place in 9 ball in the 50 year old classic VNEA World Championships as the only time I have played 9 ball is at the championships.

A couple of VNEA 30-Zip awards and a 50-Zip award. 27 league championships &
21 second place finishes.

VNEA World Champion in 8 ball division classics in the past.

Was honored by my league charter holder of being nominated to their original class of " Hall of Famers ". It meant so much to me, I threw 131 trophies away. Kept the name tags to put on a big plaque one day.

Here's a photo of trophies that hit the dumpster after my hall of fame induction. I did keep the VNEA Cougars from the world championships though.

Not bad as pool is a fun hobby and have met hundreds of wonderful people. Just a great sport to be part of.
Attached Images

Last edited by worktheknight; 06-16-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Old
  (#39)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
06-16-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydeNbonnie View Post
Well aren't you just a tough old cookie who likes to beat young ones.

Yeah, I am a tough old cookie. 73 years young. Truly do enjoy beating the youngsters. Specially the ones who think they should win because they're hot shots and I'm too old. My favorite retort is, "Son, how does it feel to get beat by your grandfather". Sadly I've used that phrase too many times now. Perhaps when YOU get to be my age, you'll understand.

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#40)
Lesh
One Hole Thinkifier
Lesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2017, 11:04 AM

I won the all forces pocket billiards championship in Okinawa (pacific theater) in 93. Won some cash, a weekend in Tokyo and a Meucci Gambler cue. Since then I haven't won anything.

Lesh

Room: The Corner Pocket - Largo, Florida (TABLE #2)
Playing Cue: Rack Runner Fancy Sneaky Pete by Mike Smith

Other Cues:
Yingling - Piloted 3/8x10 Merry Widow w/ 13mm shaft
McDermott D19 (1st Cue bought 1991)
Adam Cues "Julio Stamboulini" circa Mid-80's

One Pocket is the Teacher
"Play the Game, son." - Box
"Life is 100% mental." - Lesh
"Fortunately, I keeps my feathers numbered for just such an emergency." - Foghorn

Old
  (#41)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

06-16-2017, 01:01 PM

I once beat the 1-Ball ghost.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#42)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post
I once beat the 1-Ball ghost.
I opened this thread 'cause I spotted your name....wondered what you'd say.

So now, you have my sympathies for your dyslexia affliction....
...your idea of the 1-ball ghost is starting from the 15-ball at rotation....
.....only you and the guy in your pic can do that.....

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#43)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 562

06-16-2017, 01:16 PM

4th in the State 9-ball. I rarely ever play 9-ball, but played well and made many good combos and safeties.

Old
  (#44)
clydeNbonnie
AzB Silver Member
clydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post
Yeah, I am a tough old cookie. 73 years young. Truly do enjoy beating the youngsters. Specially the ones who think they should win because they're hot shots and I'm too old. My favorite retort is, "Son, how does it feel to get beat by your grandfather". Sadly I've used that phrase too many times now. Perhaps when YOU get to be my age, you'll understand.

Lyn
Yes you are. And a very good person to play sir. Glad to see you this past May.

Old
  (#45)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2017, 07:46 PM

Running the first rack against a girl who later turned out to be my wife. In a nut shell, she was beating the whole club, no one wanted to play. That's when I stepped in...she broke dry, I ran the rack and got the number! And the number was written with chalk on a matchbook. Haha.

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

GLUE SAVES POOL

"When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen." from poolpro2

Page 3 of 6 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: