Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Carlo Biado's stroke
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Lesh
One Hole Thinkifier
Lesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond reputeLesh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-24-2017, 03:34 AM

Until recently, I've always lined up my shots to the right, with the right eye over the cue. Now I just center my nose over the stick. In doing so, I have noticed that my natural stroke is crooked from right to left as it travels. I didn't panic, I felt calmer and wiser. More confidence in my shot making now that I have a better understanding of what is really happening.

For precision shots, it is a very good thing to know precisely where and how the cue comes into contact with the CB. Very important.

Doesn't really matter what your stroke does or how it operates in my opinion (yeah, I know), but it is more important that you understand what is happening and when it happens. Replication builds confidence.

Lesh

Room: The Corner Pocket - Largo, Florida (TABLE #2)
Playing Cue: Rack Runner Fancy Sneaky Pete by Mike Smith

Other Cues:
Yingling - Piloted 3/8x10 Merry Widow w/ 13mm shaft
McDermott D19 (1st Cue bought 1991)
Adam Cues "Julio Stamboulini" circa Mid-80's

One Pocket is the Teacher
"Play the Game, son." - Box
"Life is 100% mental." - Lesh
"Fortunately, I keeps my feathers numbered for just such an emergency." - Foghorn

Last edited by Lesh; 06-24-2017 at 03:43 AM. Reason: half a bee, logically, must ipso-facto, half, not be...

Old
  (#17)
M.G.
AzB Silver Member
M.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond reputeM.G. has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminwah View Post
I guess it must generate more power? He even does this on straight shots.
Never mistake individual faults as deliberate decisions to improve something.
There is no secret sauce in pool (or the world, for that matter).

A stroke is the result of individual balancing of individual faults you exhibit while moving the cue. That's why it's so difficult, the basics are the same for everybody, but not every body (sic!) is the same.

Whenever I see this kind of stroke I get the shakes and want to yell at the player.
Van Boening I actually want to hit, because his whipping has gotten just absolutely ridiculous.

Please dont do that?

Cheers,
M

Old
  (#18)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2017, 05:50 AM

Somehow all the theories on "proper" ways to play and stroke the cue ball begin to break down when you watch great players like Trump, Biado, Efren, Bustamante and Shane play pool. I have always said there are as many different strokes as there are pool players. Who is to say what is the correct way to stroke the ball. Most of the so called "Theorists" would love to be able to play the game as well as those mentioned above!

I'm not so sure all the great players with "faulty" strokes would play so well if they somehow corrected their faults. I do not think there is one right way to play pool or stroke through the cue ball. In my lifetime I've seen exactly one Buddy Hall, who made the best hit on the cue ball of any player ever imo. He actually could hit dead center cue ball over and over again. The sound the cue ball made when struck by Buddy's cue was the cleanest you ever heard. But he was unique and that doesn't make all the rest of these great players wrong because they can't do that as well.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 06-24-2017 at 05:52 AM.

Old
  (#19)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-24-2017, 08:53 AM

Viva Trump!

dumluk

Old
  (#20)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Somehow all the theories on "proper" ways to play and stroke the cue ball begin to break down when you watch great players like Trump, Biado, Efren, Bustamante and Shane play pool. I have always said there are as many different strokes as there are pool players. Who is to say what is the correct way to stroke the ball. Most of the so called "Theorists" would love to be able to play the game as well as those mentioned above!

I'm not so sure all the great players with "faulty" strokes would play so well if they somehow corrected their faults. I do not think there is one right way to play pool or stroke through the cue ball. In my lifetime I've seen exactly one Buddy Hall, who made the best hit on the cue ball of any player ever imo. He actually could hit dead center cue ball over and over again. The sound the cue ball made when struck by Buddy's cue was the cleanest you ever heard. But he was unique and that doesn't make all the rest of these great players wrong because they can't do that as well.
Yup. If you can't change your stroke, make adjustments to your aim and hit.

dumluk

Old
  (#21)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member

06-24-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
I think he cues low then brings it up to where he wants to hit it ,

So does Efren. Does it help their starting at the center of the CB?

dumluk

Old
  (#22)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member

06-24-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirza View Post
In the following vid Moore is teaching the contact point on the OB and not CTE.

dumluk

Old
  (#23)
john coloccia
AzB Silver Member
john coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMas View Post
So does Efren. Does it help their starting at the center of the CB?
I used to do that, and for the same reason. I didn't do it on purpose. I just naturally lined up on every shot low, and then adjusted at some point to where I really want to hit it.

I think Ortmann does something similar as well, and probably lots of other guys too.

Old
  (#24)
benjaminwah
AzB Silver Member
benjaminwah has a reputation beyond reputebenjaminwah has a reputation beyond reputebenjaminwah has a reputation beyond reputebenjaminwah has a reputation beyond reputebenjaminwah has a reputation beyond reputebenjaminwah has a reputation beyond reputebenjaminwah has a reputation beyond reputebenjaminwah has a reputation beyond reputebenjaminwah has a reputation beyond reputebenjaminwah has a reputation beyond reputebenjaminwah has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2017, 06:26 PM

He lines up distinctly on the left side of the ball, for just about every shot, not low center. If you haven't seen it I implore you to check out some videos on YouTube.

That being said I think he is an amazing player, Jay said it best, if it works then do it. Carlo is a true artist at what he does.

Old
  (#25)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
In the following vid Moore is teaching the contact point on the OB and not CTE.
Everyone only taught basic stuff back then. Nobody put the good stuff out for the world to see. But now we have the internet and no more secrets.

Old
  (#26)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member
iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

06-25-2017, 08:35 AM

Biado was contracted 10 years ago by the aiming system proponents to add a swoop to his stroke, so they could sell and teach us bangers their systems! ha ha ha.

Old
  (#27)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member

06-25-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminwah View Post
He lines up distinctly on the left side of the ball, for just about every shot, not low center. If you haven't seen it I implore you to check out some videos on YouTube.

That being said I think he is an amazing player, Jay said it best, if it works then do it. Carlo is a true artist at what he does.
I googled a vid of Biado and watched his stroke from behind and he move his grip hand and wrist inward a bit toward his body before hitting the CB causing his tip to move a bit to the right.

Could he be compensating for his natural/comfortable stroke? He could have taken lessons to learn how to stroke straight forward instead. "If t ain't broke, don't fix it" - compensate.

dumluk

Old
  (#28)
Mirza
AzB Silver Member
Mirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I googled a vid of Biado and watched his stroke from behind and he move his grip hand and wrist inward a bit toward his body before hitting the CB causing his tip to move a bit to the right.

Could he be compensating for his natural/comfortable stroke? He could have taken lessons to learn how to stroke straight forward instead. "If t ain't broke, don't fix it" - compensate.
...or could he be using this aiming system which includes a pivot always from left to right:

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/offs...ng-systems-395

Like Monte and Dave did in these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMhCKSU22Uc

Could it possibly be that??

I wasn't Aw
Old
  (#29)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

I wasn't Aw - 06-26-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post

I wasn't aware that Trump was a great pool player...

Jaden

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: