Old
  (#16)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-13-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
Thank you for the backstory Sof. Interesting info. I bet it was a helluva show.
Last year on June 25th was its 40th anniversary, and it got some writeups as the beginning of using Autzen Stadium for big multi-act festival style concerts. (What I didn't know was that Autzen banned the Grateful Dead for a year or two later after several annual concerts after that one, having realized that drug use went on during their shows (gasp! ). Then they let them resume, I guess because that drug situation cleared up )

Anyway, I found an amazing site that crowd sources the set lists for many venues, and found the list for these artists that day.

Eddie got about a half hour, and performed Two Tickets to Paradise, You've Really Got a Hold on Me (The Miracles cover), and Baby Hold On.

The site links to a popup video performance of each of the songs (a live performance sometimes, if they have one, or a studio version if not).

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#17)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
Last year on June 25th was its 40th anniversary, and it got some writeups as the beginning of using Autzen Stadium for big multi-act festival style concerts. (What I didn't know was that Autzen banned the Grateful Dead for a year or two later after several annual concerts after that one, having realized that drug use went on during their shows (gasp! ). Then they let them resume, I guess because that drug situation cleared up )

Anyway, I found an amazing site that crowd sources the set lists for many venues, and found the list for these artists that day.

Eddie got about a half hour, and performed Two Tickets to Paradise, You've Really Got a Hold on Me (The Miracles cover), and Baby Hold On.

The site links to a popup video performance of each of the songs (a live performance sometimes, if they have one, or a studio version if not).
How could the Dead enjoy popularity, if their audience wasn't loaded?

Old
  (#18)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-13-2019, 11:36 AM

Whacky...was watching axs tv recently and they've been doing a reality show with him/ his family.

Wonder if they will change that, given his death and the way they were focusing on his hoped recovery.

Old
  (#19)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Whacky...was watching axs tv recently and they've been doing a reality show with him/ his family.

Wonder if they will change that, given his death and the way they were focusing on his hoped recovery.
esophageal cancer is a hard one to beat

RIP Eddie Money

Old
  (#20)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
How could the Dead enjoy popularity, if their audience wasn't loaded?
I was talking to a friend one day, and we both agreed if we had to choose a world without music but with psychoactive drugs, or with music and without drugs, we'd choose the world with music. YMMV.

The Dead scene has long included the Wharf Rats, a group of DeadHeads in recovery who stopped using drugs and alcohol.

Quote:
While the Wharf Rats originated at Grateful Dead concerts, they now have a presence at other jam band concerts as well. Similar groups named The Phellowship for Phish, The Gateway for Widespread Panic, The Jellyfish for The String Cheese Incident, Much Obliged for Umphrey's McGee, Happy Hour Heroes for moe., the Digital Buddhas for The Disco Biscuits, Better Than Before for The Werks and the Hummingbirds for Bassnectar all based on the Wharf Rats. But the Wharf Rats remain the best known of all of them.[2]

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#21)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 12:20 PM

I saw Eddie Money at the Southern Star Amphitheater in Houston back in 1989 or 1990. I went with an old girlfriend. Good times.

Rest well Eddie.

Old
  (#22)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Please explain to the kiddies what an 8 track is.
Several years ago, I hosted a small party here at home for a few coworkers. One of them was a 19 year old girl who wanted to play some records. I told her to go for it. I didn't realize that she had never used a turntable before and I had to show her how to use it. I felt so old.

Old
  (#23)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-13-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Poolnut View Post
Several years ago, I hosted a small party here at home for a few coworkers. One of them was a 19 year old girl who wanted to play some records. I told her to go for it. I didn't realize that she had never used a turntable before and I had to show her how to use it. I felt so old.
And then you realized records sound like pop hiss crackle shit?

Old
  (#24)
DJKeys
AzB Gold Member
DJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-13-2019, 03:55 PM

RIP Eddie-

Saw him perform live at a small club in 1976 on San Pablo Ave in Berkeley. Maybe 30 people there, I was 10 feet away. He was great--

-dj

Cues: Tascarella, Joey Bautista

Ordered: Hercek (2004), Searing (2008), Koo (2009)

Old
  (#25)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

09-13-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
And then you realized records sound like pop hiss crackle shit?
Yes.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: