Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Trump Blames Energy-Efficient Light Bulbs for Making Him look 'Orange"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Trump Blames Energy-Efficient Light Bulbs for Making Him look 'Orange"
Old
  (#1)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member
Pangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Trump Blames Energy-Efficient Light Bulbs for Making Him look 'Orange" - 09-14-2019, 06:39 AM

He's unnaturally "Orange"...that's a fact. It doesn't matter if it's the sun or "energy-efficient light bulbs" casting a light on him.

While the Democrats debated in Houston, President Trump gave a lengthy speech to Republicans in Baltimore. One part of the speech was getting a little extra attention Friday morning—in which the president joked about his famous hue. As the New York Times notes, it came during an apparently nonscripted aside when Trump talked about his dislike of higher-efficiency light bulbs. "The bulb that we're being forced to use—No. 1, to me, most importantly, the light's no good," he said, per Newsweek. "I always look orange, and so do you."

The audience laughed at the reference. (Watch it here.) The comments come just over a week after federal regulators rolled back requirements for energy-efficient bulbs, notes NBC News. Lighting wasn't Trump's only complaint against the bulbs: He also called them "many times more expensive than that old incandescent bulb that worked very well," adding, "We're going to sell that, but we're also going to sell incandescent bulbs." Back in 2016, Business Insider spoke to makeup artists and settled on a different theory for the orange—"bad self-tanning." (Read more President Trump stories.)

Old
  (#2)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2019, 09:23 AM

Dude, he was joking around.

The "orange" you loathsome leftists go on and on about is the jackass media playing around with the white level on their settings to make him appear orange.

Educate yourself Pangit. Then you will not be such a fool tool of the haters.

Yes, I called you a fool tool.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#3)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-14-2019, 09:40 AM

Good to know our president has a sense of humor. Since still hiding in the PI, why not be more concerned about Duterte instead.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#4)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2019, 09:50 AM

Panjit got the H8 bug. It's going around.

Old
  (#5)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 04:08 AM

The newer lights cast a different hue.

You can see it in street lighting. Took a lighting course in college.

Yep. It was a breeze, except for Pop Wright who took off if you
rounded at the wrong step. Yep. Oh. and there were more than
five steps in Pop Wright's process. He could have been a great
junior high teacher today.

I did study lighting at Edison. Brought our company to a position
of meeting the requirements in our contract with the city.

The street lamps on the right are closer to sunlight than those
on the left. You know. More natural.

Is there anything the left knows?

Last edited by Slide Rule; 09-15-2019 at 04:10 AM.

Old
  (#6)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
The newer lights cast a different hue.

You can see it in street lighting. Took a lighting course in college.

Yep. It was a breeze, except for Pop Wright who took off if you
rounded at the wrong step. Yep. Oh. and there were more than
five steps in Pop Wright's process. He could have been a great
junior high teacher today.

I did study lighting at Edison. Brought our company to a position
of meeting the requirements in our contract with the city.

The street lamps on the right are closer to sunlight than those
on the left. You know. More natural.

Is there anything the left knows?

Yup. The ones on the left are HPS arc tube bulbs, usually 400w ~30,000 lumen. Horrendous light and energy suckers. The ones on the right are 4300k~5000k LED conversions, using less than half the energy and still ~30,000 lumen. ...and nice crisp white light....not orange man bad HPS light....

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:

pj
chgo

Old
  (#7)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
Good to know our president has a sense of humor. Since still hiding in the PI, why not be more concerned about Duterte instead.
Yep, quite the sense of humor, indeed!

Another 'joke' from the same rambling speech:

Quote:
Mind you: Trump had cracked minutes before that the husky McCarthy was somewhat bovine. The joke came as Trump claimed, falsely, that the Green New Deal pushed by some progressive lawmakers would result in “no more cows, no more planes, I guess no more people.”

“Because Kevin is just like a cow, just smaller,” Trump continued. He added that he couldn’t resist the attempt at humor and he picked McCarthy because he saw his “beautiful” face smiling at him.
Well, not all jokes are well received, and not all jokes are well conceived, either.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#8)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

09-15-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Yup. The ones on the left are HPS arc tube bulbs, usually 400w ~30,000 lumen. Horrendous light and energy suckers. The ones on the right are 4300k~5000k LED conversions, using less than half the energy and still ~30,000 lumen. ...and nice crisp white light....not orange man bad HPS light....
The difference between the old stuff and the new is amazing. In my neighborhood every time a street light goes out they repair it by retrofitting the new stuff.

Old
  (#9)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
So, PDJT didn't know what he was talking about, and Slide is wrong to say he was right (while ignorantly scoffing at the left)?

At least, that seems the upshot of your information to me. Because nobody was being forced into using HPS lighting in a consumer setting under the new rule. They are used in commercial applications (for which regular incandescent bulbs are wholly unsuitable).

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

Old
  (#10)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

09-15-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangit View Post
[IMGTrump Blames Energy-Efficient Light Bulbs for Making Him look 'Orange"
Kind of like blaming latent stage syphilis on your condition.... huh? Word is these days.. it is curable... but in your case and stage.... there is no return to normal brain activity once cured. Keep on Trumpster diving, we'll try to be understanding of your affliction along the way there... One-Track..

============================
The Most Inspiring Speech: The Wisdom of a Third Grade Dropout Will Change Your Life
https://youtu.be/Bg_Q7KYWG1g

Old
  (#11)
Smooth
AzB Silver Member
Smooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSmooth has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_auctionguy View Post
Kind of like blaming latent stage syphilis on your condition.... huh? Word is these days.. it is curable... but in your case and stage.... there is no return to normal brain activity once cured. Keep on Trumpster diving, we'll try to be understanding of your affliction along the way there... One-Track..
trumpster diving....

Old
  (#12)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member

09-15-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_auctionguy View Post
Few dare to get too close to that flaming dumpster fire, so it's mostly commentary from a safe distance. The full forensics must await the fire dying down, and the smoldering is still causing full flareups even today.

I've been around here so long that I remember when you offered such commentary yourself. I guess you've changed your mind about him, under tribal conformity demands or something. If so, was it worth it, to ditch your former (imo) well considered take for... what I presume is a narrow Venn diagram slice of some overlapping policy agreements?

Maybe my impression is wrong, and you are more making stylistic critiques of from whom or how the criticisms are made.

― Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#13)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
Yep, quite the sense of humor, indeed!

Another 'joke' from the same rambling speech:

Well, not all jokes are well received, and not all jokes are well conceived, either.
But one thing most good jokes have in common is the lack of leftist to "get" them.

He trolled you guys with precision on this one.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#14)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge

09-15-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
But one thing most good jokes have in common is the lack of leftist to "get" them.

He trolled you guys with precision on this one.
Hey, on the up side, at least a few people learned what High Pressure Sodium street lights are....

Quote:

pj
chgo

Old
  (#15)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

09-15-2019, 10:32 PM

W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
Few dare to get too close to that flaming dumpster fire, so it's mostly commentary from a safe distance. The full forensics must await the fire dying down, and the smoldering is still causing full flareups even today.

I've been around here so long that I remember when you offered such commentary yourself. I guess you've changed your mind about him, under tribal conformity demands or something. If so, was it worth it, to ditch your former (imo) well considered take for... what I presume is a narrow Venn diagram slice of some overlapping policy agreements?

Maybe my impression is wrong, and you are more making stylistic critiques of from whom or how the criticisms are made.
To answer your question. I never changed. To give it some perspective. Back when Trump first put in a bid to run for office which was before Obama the President, I read what Trump said was wrong on several fronts and found myself in lockstep agreement with most everything he pointed out and his approach to correct those issues.

He addressed the trade deficit and imbalance with China taking factory and information jobs from American workers, and how he would tackle that head on.

He addressed the porous borders and lack of illegal immigration enforcement.

He addressed corporate taxes stifling hiring and creating incentives for companies to move offshore for lower taxes and wages.

All of these issues were highlighted in his 2008 bid, but nobody took him serious and we ended up with McCain and that Alaskan daft with nice tits for candidates causing me to vote for Gary Johnson.

I never said I like Trump as a person because of his inflated ego, bravado, and stupid use of Twitter to cut others down etc. But I have always supported his endeavors to fix the problems mentioned above any way he can. Democrats have done everything short of assassinating him to stop him. If it was guaranteed that putting myself between an assassin's bullet and him would assure his re-election......sign me up.. I love this country too much to let these Marxist POSs running in hopes of being Commander in Chief to take it over.

============================
The Most Inspiring Speech: The Wisdom of a Third Grade Dropout Will Change Your Life
https://youtu.be/Bg_Q7KYWG1g

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 09-15-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: