deanoc
Old
  (#1)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

deanoc - 09-14-2019, 09:00 PM

I have had a lot of fun and success on here

In the early days I made the Deano cue with John Nemic

Then I made some special dealls with Laurie to co-op with Vigus,Ruenzahn.
Vigus..Mottey too

Things no one else could do

Schon made me about 70 Balabushka tributes,Petersen tributes and
promised to make Willie Hoppe style for me alone

I sold over 20 Mystery cues ,cues that no one even knew who made them

The buyers trusted me and we both had fun

Years before I design cues for Petersen,Libra and Bob Owen

Paul Drexler made me some gambling mouse designs,mighty mouse and other great cues.We still have one more great design coming soon

Now I am working with Jack potter of Libra Fame to design and co- op with me on
something special

Larry Vigus made me some great unique deigns until he got so good at it that he
doesn't need my input,can't say that I blame him

would you believe that Scruggs, Schrager , and Schick Mottey,Pfd,South West,Petersen, all made Ivory wrapped cues for me back before the new laws

Rauenzahn made over 20 really fancy cues for you guys at special prices because I ordered them all at once

Other than the Libra,Jackpot project I seem to be through

CAN YOU GUYS COME UP WITH SOME IDEAS THAT MIGHT BE FUN

OR MAYBE POST A FEW PICTURES OF CUES THAT YOU GOT FROM ME

Thanks for all the memories

Old
  (#2)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-14-2019, 09:10 PM

I would love to see all of the mystery cues that Dean has sold over the years.

Good idea Dean,

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#3)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

09-14-2019, 10:14 PM

Hey Deanoc!!!

The Barry Szam box and the cue you made are the ones at the top of the list!

Fatboy Approved!!!!

Best
Fatboy

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#4)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 12:16 AM

Dean,

I have four cues from Bob and Jerry and these are my first two cues.
The propellor cue is from Bob; naturally, the other cue is from Jerry R.

It was the one of the most satisfying experiences of my life to work with
Bob & Jerry having these custom cues made & all four are my designs.

I owe Dean a debt since he introduced me to both cue-makers and from
the very outset, it was Kismet. These guys are top notch cue-makers and
more importantly, great people besides. And their workmanship is superb.

Matt B.
Attached Images

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Last edited by Bavafongoul; 09-15-2019 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added photos

The Last Two Cues.....But The Best Ones Too.
Old
  (#5)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

The Last Two Cues.....But The Best Ones Too. - 09-15-2019, 12:16 AM

So after receiving my first two custom cues from Bob and Jerry, I quickly ordered two more cues.
California was debating the adoption of an ivory ban and I was really worried how it might turn out.

Well, the state legislature ultimately passed the most stringent ivory ban imaginable and my cues
were going to be completed after the ban was going into effect. I met with my state senator about
trying to get an exemption so my cues could be finished. He arranged a meeting with the CA Fish &
Wildlife to discuss my dilemma and much to my dismay, I learned that if my cues did not reach me
by July 1, 2016, I was basically shit out of luck. There was no wiggle room or grace period so I
immediately reached out to to Bob and Jerry in December 2015 and asked if they could accelerate
finishing my cues before the ban took effect. My cues were still almost a year away from completion.

Bob and Jerry said that come hell or high water, they would get my cues done before the CA ivory
went into effect on July 1, 2016. On Memorial Day weekend 2016, I received both of my customs that
was a month before the ivory ban took effect. I had seen the progress photos of my cues & there was
a lot to get done. Nonetheless, they were able to pull it off and they delivered two absolutely gorgeous
cues that exceeded my expectations which were already admittedly very high after getting my first two
custom cues. And they accomplished this under the pressure of the calendar deadline I unexpectedly
sprung on them. Neither cue-maker blinked about the urgency and just assured me I'll get my cues in time.

Thank you to Bob and Jerry for their friendship and cue-making. These guys can compete with any
cue-maker you can think of and it doesn't matter which name you come up with either. Bob & Jerry R,
are truly magnificent craftsmen who produce exquiste works of art that also happen to play even better.

Matt B.

p.s. The protector design Bob made uses both scalloped ebony, abalone & ivory inlays &
matching rings contain 32 inlays just like the cue.. There's are lots of inlays in this design.
Attached Images

"My Pool Cues"

Last edited by Bavafongoul; 09-15-2019 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Added Pics

Old
  (#6)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member

09-15-2019, 12:18 AM

In case anyone wondered what some of the materials look like before the cue actually gets worked on,
Bob sent me these photos of what was going to be involved with the inlay workmanship. You've seen the
photos of the finished cue and after all is said and done, Bob did an amazing job with my last cue design.
Attached Images

"My Pool Cues"

Last edited by Bavafongoul; 09-15-2019 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Added Pics.

Jerry Rauenzahn 360
Old
  (#7)
krbsailing
AzB Silver Member
krbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

Cool Jerry Rauenzahn 360 - 09-15-2019, 09:07 AM

I can't remember exactly when but, it's been several years ago now. I must have woken up and felt a little riverboat gambler in me that day.....here's the prize!

-R- Ebony & Tulipwood 360

More pics and video here >>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/shGRELunMzprHZoP8

It came with one shaft originally; I had Jerry build me the longer shaft with the micarta ferrule this past spring with his retirement looming -- really FANTASTIC cue from a Master cue builder!

Thanks Deano

Playing Cues: Tascarella Hoppe, BKRush & KRB Jumper
Other Cues: Gus, Scrugg's, -R-'s, Dave Jones, Murrell, BlackPearls, Huebler's, Adam's and a Viking

PictureArchives http://imgur.com/a/CLbzb

4$ale http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=97734

Last edited by krbsailing; 09-15-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Old
  (#8)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 09:08 AM

Couple years ago, Mr Vigus claimed this would be the last Merry Widow he would make.
...it was for Dean...who could probably talk him into making more....

Name:  7055EC63-6A16-47C2-A2FC-982A02B2C43B.jpeg
Views: 515
Size:  54.5 KB

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#9)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbsailing View Post
Name:  20190915_090302.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  164.9 KB
I'm not usually impressed with cue design, but that's a beaut'!

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 09-15-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Old
  (#10)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 12:38 PM

Great to see happy customers who I now consider friends

keep the pictures coming,I love to see cues I
had a hand in

Old
  (#11)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
...keep the pictures coming,I love to see cues ...
Now you know how we feel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#12)
dnixon
AzB Silver Member
dnixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 07:20 PM

I almost bought a cue from you Once But you didnít have pictures. Now you want pictures. Come on man

Old
  (#13)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnixon View Post
I almost bought a cue from you Once But you didnít have pictures. Now you want pictures. Come on man
Thats how a great salesman works

Dean are these pics of cues you designed?

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#14)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

09-15-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
keep the pictures coming...
Oh, the irony.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#15)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post
Oh, the irony.
There is more irony in this one thread than there is on the entire site.

Everyone should just "describe" the cue, even then, lol....they shouldn't give to many details.

Lol

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: