I love Danny Diliberto but this commentary is brutal.

GoldenFlash

Banned
Play nice mr3...color between the lines like a good pup.

You sound like a guy that's been on the wrong end of some of those, right-hands!
Guys that usually talk like you, can't punch or kick they're way out of a paper bag! Or should I say, 'ALL hot air in a bag!'
Sounds also like sour grapes about Chi-Town, from your persona, you probably left your money and your a$$ there!
But, don't feel bad, you're NOT the first to leave there with the 'Red a$$ and BROKE!'
P.S. I'm glad YOU feel, YOU know my finances better than me!
Now you're getting personal. That is naughty of you. I simply must scold you for that.
*scold..scold...scold* :p
I can't beat up anybody, never could, never said I could...I am a 98 pound weakling. (but I am better looking than you):p
I fight about like you play pool....not worth a flip.
I know what let's do....let's have a spelling contest. :):):)
You simply must try harder...you can do it, really you can.
Smoochie Smoochie. :smiling-heart:

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny since youre posting here I just wanted to congratulate you for your top level performance at the Derby. You are a great inspiration and role model. Thanks for your DVD. Hope to meet you personally someday. Dont forget you promised you were going to beat me like a "rented mule"!:wink:
Keone

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... the 'buy-back' in the banks tournament is dismal. :eek: (compared to the other disciplines) ...

I wouldn't say that is true. I have been tracking buy-ins, which are easily counted or calculated from the "Completed Matches" information on the DCC website during the events.

For each of the last 3 DCC's, the percentage of entrants who buy-in after their first loss has been higher for Banks than for One-Pocket and 9-Ball. Now, the price to buy-in is less for Banks ($50) than for One-Pocket ($75) or 9-Ball ($100), so the total amount of buy-in money has been a bit less for Banks than for the others. But I certainly wouldn't use the word "dismal."

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't say that is true. I have been tracking buy-ins, which are easily counted or calculated from the "Completed Matches" information on the DCC website during the events.

For each of the last 3 DCC's, the percentage of entrants who buy-in after their first loss has been higher for Banks than for One-Pocket and 9-Ball. Now, the price to buy-in is less for Banks ($50) than for One-Pocket ($75) or 9-Ball ($100), so the total amount of buy-in money has been a bit less for Banks than for the others. But I certainly wouldn't use the word "dismal."

I'm sure you're right..I guess I was just using dollars, as a comparison..But I would still point out, that the ones who do buy back (except for the better players) only do so because it is so cheap..So even the guy's who don't have a prayer of cashing will buy-back, just to continue rubbing elbows with the big boys..And theres certainly nothing wrong with that attitude ! ;)

I can't even spell 'bank pool', but it is just a drop in the bucket, in the overall cost of attending ! And after all, it is the DCC, you might as well stretch the experience out as long as you can ! (Greg looks shrewder every day) :p

Last edited:

John Brumback

Silver Member
Now Lou, after Jay got John B. all pumped up about bank pool...you shoot him down again ! :frown: ..But, Jay did forgot to mention two things !..Most bank pool entries (at DCC) use that as a way to get a free pass, to sweat everything else !..Greg has been smart enough to keep it that way..He has also admitted, the 'buy-back' in the banks tournament is dismal. :eek: (compared to the other disciplines)

PS..But I still WUV John "Bank Pool Champion" Brumback !..Bank's sure beats the hell out of 3c billiards !..At least its growing..(instead of completely dead :sorry:) :p

Wrong again friend. You knocked me and my game and I was just defending myself and my game. I try to promote banks and you come around and knock it. I will not take that lightly ol buddy:) John B.

PS: when are you going to give out some tips around here? A champion like you should be able to help us some around here:thumbup:

John Brumback

Silver Member
Johnny since youre posting here I just wanted to congratulate you for your top level performance at the Derby. You are a great inspiration and role model. Thanks for your DVD. Hope to meet you personally someday. Dont forget you promised you were going to beat me like a "rented mule"!:wink:
Keone

Thanks good buddy! Guess I'll have to come out there to do it,since your scared to come to KY:p John B.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Wrong again friend. You knocked me and my game and I was just defending myself and my game. I try to promote banks and you come around and knock it. I will not take that lightly ol buddy:) John B.

PS: when are you going to give out some tips around here? A champion like you should be able to help us some around here:thumbup:

John; Congrats on your showing at the DCC!

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for SJD to divulge any info, he was strictly a ,'Fly by the seat of his pants' player.

As was shown before he got banned on onepocket org, he NEVER once in all the years a member there did he offer up a scintilla of info to the other members!

I guess when your vessel is EMPTY, you sink into obscurity! Then sadly, that's ALL that's left him to do is' KNOCK!'

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now Lou, after Jay got John B. all pumped up about bank pool...you shoot him down again ! :frown: ..But, Jay did forgot to mention two things !..Most bank pool entries (at DCC) use that as a way to get a free pass, to sweat everything else !..Greg has been smart enough to keep it that way..He has also admitted, the 'buy-back' in the banks tournament is dismal. :eek: (compared to the other disciplines)

PS..But I still WUV John "Bank Pool Champion" Brumback !..Bank's sure beats the hell out of 3c billiards !..At least its growing..(instead of completely dead :sorry:) :p

SJD, that was true in the past but no longer. This year it was $110 to get into the Banks and $100 for the general admission pass.

Personally, I love watching the banks and have told more than one guy who asked me when to go to the DCC for a few days, that for my money, the last rounds of the Bank pool was the most exciting.

Lou Figueroa

gbru

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I usually agree with Dick on most topics but I also think he's a little off base on his knocking of "Bank Pool".

Bank pool "is" mostly relegated to a small area around Chicago, Kentucky etc. but that doesn't mean it's not worthy of its merits. I particularly get tired of watching rotation games because it's the same old same old. Shoot the one ball, then the two and so on. I can watch one pocket for ever and never get tired of it as long as the players have legitimate knowledge of the game.

Banks is probably my second favorite game. There's always something different coming up as each shooter reacts to various possibilities on the table. I have enough knowledge to pick most of the shots that the shooter is going to play but sometimes they will come up with some fantastic, unexpected bank that will dazzle the mind. In rotation games that rarely happens unless the shooter makes a kick or plays a great safety.

I mean...why wouldn't it count as one of the most challenging games? On each shot the ball has to come off a rail (or even 2 or more rails) and can not even graze another ball. And every shot has to be called exactly as its shot. The safety factor is also in play on almost every shot as well. In that regard, I'm also sure great players like John B. are miles ahead of our thinking when they are at the table. I think if more people knew the difficulty of playing the game correctly, banks would become even more popular.

On the topic of the thread...Well, yes...IMO it's time for DD to say goodbye. I say good bye on just about every one of his commentaries lately. It's much sweeter watching with mute. I also feel for Mark when his in the booth with him. Danny is just downright nasty at times. It seems the only person that can keep him in check is Billy Incardona.

John Brumback

Silver Member
I usually agree with Dick on most topics but I also think he's a little off base on his knocking of "Bank Pool".

Bank pool "is" mostly relegated to a small area around Chicago, Kentucky etc. but that doesn't mean it's not worthy of its merits. I particularly get tired of watching rotation games because it's the same old same old. Shoot the one ball, then the two and so on. I can watch one pocket for ever and never get tired of it as long as the players have legitimate knowledge of the game.

Banks is probably my second favorite game. There's always something different coming up as each shooter reacts to various possibilities on the table. I have enough knowledge to pick most of the shots that the shooter is going to play but sometimes they will come up with some fantastic, unexpected bank that will dazzle the mind. In rotation games that rarely happens unless the shooter makes a kick or plays a great safety.

I mean...why wouldn't it count as one of the most challenging games? On each shot the ball has to come off a rail (or even 2 or more rails) and can not even graze another ball. And every shot has to be called exactly as its shot. The safety factor is also in play on almost every shot as well. In that regard, I'm also sure great players like John B. are miles ahead of our thinking when they are at the table. I think if more people knew the difficulty of playing the game correctly, banks would become even more popular.

On the topic of the thread...Well, yes...IMO it's time for DD to say goodbye. I say good bye on just about every one of his commentaries lately. It's much sweeter watching with mute. I also feel for Mark when his in the booth with him. Danny is just downright nasty at times. It seems the only person that can keep him in check is Billy Incardona.

Nicely put,imo. And I would like to add that bank pool is growing by the day, and not only in the mid west.

Every year at the dcc I have folks from all over the country tell me that BP is one of their favorite games.And that goes for a lot of the top players also. Lots of the pros have bought my banking dvds,to my detriment.:frown: Jason Shaw bought one this time.

Bank Pool is alive and well:thumbup: John B.

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More people play checkers than chess. Does that make it a better game? No. Chess is harder and rightly so. 10 years ago no one was eating Sushi. Now its a different story.
At one time there were only a handful of entries into the World Championship of Poker now thousands.
What Greg Sullivan is doing for banks is only natural and will survive on its merits.
Its the people that need to do the catching up.
Banks is a great game.
Move on up or stay behind.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nicely put,imo. And I would like to add that bank pool is growing by the day, and not only in the mid west.

Every year at the dcc I have folks from all over the country tell me that BP is one of their favorite games.And that goes for a lot of the top players also. Lots of the pros have bought my banking dvds,to my detriment.:frown: Jason Shaw bought one this time.

I would add one interesting side note that I witnessed at DCC this year. Many top pros were playing Banks for $100 a rail in the action rooms. That means a one rail bank is worth $100, a two railer $200, a three railer $300 and so on. There were several lively games between excellent players that went on for hours. It was pretty damn exciting to see someone run five or six banks that added up to 11 rails total, as I saw Shannon Murphy do to Danny Smith. Almost every night they were playing this game upstairs, with a crowd watching. It really caught on as "the" action game at DCC this year.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would add one interesting side note that I witnessed at DCC this year. Many top pros were playing Banks for $100 a rail in the action rooms. That means a one rail bank is worth $100, a two railer $200, a three railer $300 and so on. There were several lively games between excellent players that went on for hours. It was pretty damn exciting to see someone run five or six banks that added up to 11 rails total, as I saw Shannon Murphy do to Danny Smith. Almost every night they were playing this game upstairs, with a crowd watching. It really caught on as "the" action game at DCC this year.

Sorry to be of topic, butI heard of the game and if anyone has DVD's I would like to buy!

I will pay extra for DD commentary on the Banks.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

It does seem a Champion like SJD would share some of his knowledge instead of disagreeing with everyone else trying to share knowledge .

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member

John; I also forgot to mention, the most resounding fact about, 'Bank Pool!' There's absolutely NO way to, 'LUCK' in a ball! I hate to admit it but, even in 3C, points are scored by luck from time to time, But, at the TOP level not so often!

Every ball has to go in CLEAN, and CALLED!

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks good buddy! Guess I'll have to come out there to do it,since your scared to come to KY:p John B.

Do they allow anyone that has a membership to PETA and the ASPCA in KY? I play a little banjo does that help?:grin::grin:
Maybe Vegas??

brooklynplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As someone pretty (ok, very) new to the online pool world (and pool in general) I have my moments with Danny

I like his knowledge of the games and the players and usually enjoy him (except when he does his weird pieces of trivia which are completely false, like french fries being invented in Vienna...er, no)

Having checked out a bunch of past matches, Grady and Billy hands down were amazing, but Danny still has his great moments but sometimes I just put my Johnny Miller hat on and scream at the computer screen ha

But anything beats the free streams with two ppl talking over each other about everything under the sun other than the match at hand - I even watched one match where someone scratched and the next rack had begun and they were too busy talking about what they were eating to even notice.. its allll good tho!

Pope

Registered
Danny Diliberto

Have to disagree with user saying Danny D's commentary is brutal.
That's Danny... a straight up guy who tells it like it is. ( Read his book Road Player)
Danny's forgotten more about pool than any of us will ever hope to know.
(Yes...Danny is getting up there in age...but he is still sharp as a tack...we should all be so lucky to be as aware as he is at his age.)
Danny and Billy Incardona are great together ! Always ribbing each other and neither one ever backing down.
Pointing out shots before they happen, disagreeing in a professional way among themselves but each guy has tremendous respect for the other and are the best of friends.

I love all the tidbits of side info they tell us about and past stories....they make the game so much more interesting. Great partners in the booth and they know each other inside out having spent time on the road together during the heydey of pool.
We're so lucky to have these guys in the booth.....they are the last of a bygone generation of pool players. If you like colorful and knowledgeable commentary...there's none better than these two !! (Have many Accu-Stats tapes with them doing commentary.)
As far as Grady Mathews....great knowledgeable commentator, but I think himself and Billy Incardona each worked better with other partners....I have many of their tapes and they would definitely butt heads because each are very opinionated.
I think one of the best partners Billy Incardona has had is Buddy Hall, Incardona has said that one of his favorite players too watch was Buddy....who has a wealth of knowledge about the game and considered one of the great nine ball players.

Pope

Registered
Danny Diliberto

Have to disagree with user saying Danny D's commentary is brutal.
That's Danny... a straight up guy who tells it like it is. ( Read his book Road Player)
Danny's forgotten more about pool than any of us will ever hope to know.
(Yes...Danny is getting up there in age...but he is still sharp as a tack...we should all be so lucky to be as aware as he is at his age.)
Danny and Billy Incardona are great together ! Always ribbing each other and neither one ever backing down.
Pointing out shots before they happen, disagreeing in a professional way among themselves but each guy has tremendous respect for the other and are the best of friends.

I love all the tidbits of side info they tell us about and past stories....they make the game so much more interesting. Great partners in the booth and they know each other inside out having spent time on the road together during the heydey of pool.
We're so lucky to have these guys in the booth.....they are the last of a bygone generation of pool players. If you like colorful and knowledgeable commentary...there's none better than these two !! (Have many Accu-Stats tapes with them doing commentary.)
As far as Grady Mathews....great knowledgeable commentator, but I think himself and Billy Incardona each worked better with other partners....I have many of their tapes and they would definitely butt heads because each are very opinionated.
Grady many times would just dominate the commentary and would question Billy on many shots which would get on Billy's nerves. Eventually, he just let Grady do most of the talking which was a shame because Billy strategy commentary is second to none.

I think one of the best partners Billy Incardona has had is Buddy Hall, Incardona has said that one of his favorite players too watch was Buddy....who has a wealth of knowledge about the game and considered one of the great nine ball players.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Because of Danny, I know there's a host of potential competition out there for me that aren't practicing the most overrated shot in the game... ....the break.

Thanks Danny, I appreciate it