New cue syndrome or the real deal ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last night i had the chance to play with a friends becue. I never shot a ball with it before the match started but It felt amazing in my hand. Odd to say because no other cue ever made me feel that way but i was shooting with confidence. Draw shots were more effortless than with the revo i sold or the meucci carbon pro i currently use. So effortless i got out of position one time before i quickly got used to it.

He has the 12.0 version with a uniloc joint mated to a predator butt. Halfway through my match i walked over to his table and handed him the cue. He said you dont like it ? I said i love it and i am shooting too good with it and probably will be raised. He bust out laughing and said keep shooting with it...i wanna see you raised. I won my 9 ball match 15-5.

I know 7 racks probably is probably not enough to tell just how much it could improve my game...if at all. I have always been an it the indian and not the arrow guy but i am so tempted to pull the trigger on a becue. Several people i know at the pool hall have switched to becue shafts ...havent seen a whole cue yet.

This is the second guy i know that switched from a revo to a becue for their predator butt and another guy has one on a meucci butt.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can honestly say I have never seen nor
experienced anyone get an new cue
and play better for any sustainable
period of time.
There is a placebo effect I have experienced
for a week or two but that's about it.
That being said you can't put a price on
a cue that feels great in your hands.
Gl on whatever you decide.

The only things I have seen that drastically
improve a players abilities are: building
a solid p.s.r., the confidence that comes
from winning a tournament or two, and
constantly working on their game.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can honestly say I have never seen nor
experienced anyone get an new cue
and play better for any sustainable
period of time.
There is a placebo effect I have experienced
for a week or two but that's about it.
That being said you can't put a price on
a cue that feels great in your hands.
Gl on whatever you decide.

The only things I have seen that drastically
improve a players abilities are: building
a solid p.s.r., the confidence that comes
from winning a tournament or two, and
constantly working on their game.

I tried a new cue I was holding for a cue maker to see if anyone wanted to buy it. First week I used it I won a tournament, then the next 2 I played in, bought it from him myself :wink:

To this day, several years later, the shaft from the cue is being used by my son and I am using the butt from it with a Revo.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
If I were to try Becue again it would definitely be the whole cue. When I had to shaft itself on my predator but on some long shots there was a lot of vibration.

I've only heard good thing about the whole cue though. The shaft itself played good, but the vibration did bother me.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
If I were to try Becue again it would definitely be the whole cue. When I had to shaft itself on my predator but on some long shots there was a lot of vibration.

I've only heard good thing about the whole cue though. The shaft itself played good, but the vibration did bother me.

The thicker shaft doesn't vibrate - I play with the 5.1 and it's solid.

Here's my ugly Becue. I wouldn't play with anything else. The case is Becue in Italian leather, the handle is custom painted by an artist who does Italian exotic cars.

Attachments

• Becue and Ducati 1.jpg
    Becue and Ducati 1.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 276
  • Becue and Ducati.jpg
    Becue and Ducati.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last night i had the chance to play with a friends becue. I never shot a ball with it before the match started but It felt amazing in my hand. Odd to say because no other cue ever made me feel that way but i was shooting with confidence. Draw shots were more effortless than with the revo i sold or the meucci carbon pro i currently use. So effortless i got out of position one time before i quickly got used to it.

He has the 12.0 version with a uniloc joint mated to a predator butt. Halfway through my match i walked over to his table and handed him the cue. He said you dont like it ? I said i love it and i am shooting too good with it and probably will be raised. He bust out laughing and said keep shooting with it...i wanna see you raised. I won my 9 ball match 15-5.

I know 7 racks probably is probably not enough to tell just how much it could improve my game...if at all. I have always been an it the indian and not the arrow guy but i am so tempted to pull the trigger on a becue. Several people i know at the pool hall have switched to becue shafts ...havent seen a whole cue yet.

This is the second guy i know that switched from a revo to a becue for their predator butt and another guy has one on a meucci butt.

The Becue shaft plays way better when you have it paired with the Becue carbon fiber butt.

It is "point and shoot" straight out of the box.

I wanted one the first time I hit a ball with it.

I have had one for a couple years and I have three shafts for it. Two of the white original Prime pro taper 12.mm shafts and a new Prime pro taper 12.mm black one.

You will not find a better hitting cue at any price.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thicker shaft doesn't vibrate - I play with the 5.1 and it's solid.

Here's my ugly Becue. I wouldn't play with anything else. The case is Becue in Italian leather, the handle is custom painted by an artist who does Italian exotic cars.

Is that the white shaft you got from me?

That shaft played really solid.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
New cue syndrome or the real deal ?

The answer is you just don't know yet. It takes some amount of time playing with it that can vary a bit from player to player to know for sure. About the longest it can take from what I have observed is about three weeks (if playing a few hours a day several times a week), so if after about three weeks of play like that you are still shooting noticeably better than normal and absolutely loving the cue then you can start feeling reasonably confident that it is a long term keeper that really suits you.

Not to be a buzzkill but the shooting way above normal thing almost always goes away, even if your love for the hit and feel doesn't. It still might be the right cue for you that is a keeper though if you still are in love with it just as much after 3+ weeks, because what feels perfect to you, probably is perfect for you.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Is that the white shaft you got from me?

That shaft played really solid.

Yes that's it. I just used it for the photo op but I'm using one of my original 29" white shafts mostly. I prefer the white over the black for sighting long shots.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes that's it. I just used it for the photo op but I'm using one of my original 29" white shafts mostly. I prefer the white over the black for sighting long shots.

I think the white shafts are way better than the black shafts when it come to looking down the shafts and aiming.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Golfers get the same thing when they get a new putter. Putt lights-out for a while but not for long term. Sports psych's have studied this a lot. Not exactly on topic but cool anyway and can easily apply to pool: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/putting-guy-yocom-brain

People think it the Club, or the Cue. It is if it's a Club in Tigers, or Phil hand, play so great. Both Tiger & Phil get payed will to play with someone Club who use their endorsements to sell more Clubs. It's an investment in sale of Golf Clubs.

Allison Fisher played well with CueTech, and that endorsement was good for CueTech sales.

Oakley the sunglasses folk give away 1,000's of pair of their sunglasses annually to pro athletes. These athletes wear em, and they fan pay crazy price for the "O" Brand sunglasses. Most of Oakley stuff is made off shore, so you paying crazy prices for sunglasses made in China. Like many things it it has a brand name, verses generic.

Last edited: