Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Puzzled about ball scratches.
Notices

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
smoochie
Registered
smoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-02-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Until we see the scratches, we are 99% guessing.

2 balls, 3 scratches. Sounds about right.

I have took some photos of the pockets and the balls.

basically each pocket has two nails that are pretty obvious on each side, I would say that is probably it, but I wait for the experts to answer me better, also pls provide solutions that I can do myself.

I feel that if I tell the guy who made it, he'd feel offended, maybe this is the only way he know how to do it.

pictures next post, hopefully I know how to make them, give me a moment please.

Old
  (#17)
smoochie
Registered
smoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond reputesmoochie has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2020, 04:54 PM

Even side pockets has nails, they are not out, but I reckon if ball strike hard it can push inside the rubber of the pocket and hit the nail.
Attached Images

Old
  (#18)
smoochie
Registered

08-02-2020, 04:55 PM

More pics, I hope I know how to make them smaller, unless this is better? I don't know.
Attached Images

Old
  (#19)
smoochie
Registered

08-02-2020, 04:56 PM

Last set of pics, note the 6-ball two different scratches.

The sad part, these balls are only 2-weeks old.
Attached Images

Old
  (#20)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

08-02-2020, 05:45 PM

Its definitely those nails! Also the staples are a problem. The ball hits the back of the pocket (the rubber) and bounces back into the slate, and will hit those staples. Wow, your brand new set of Aramith Tournament balls are ruined

Until you fix the nails, get a $20 ball junk set from ebay, otherwise the rest of your new set will be ruined as well.

I have a Gold Crown 4 table, slightly newer than yours. I'll show you what mine look like once I take a few pictures.

Old
  (#21)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2020, 05:54 PM

However did your table didn't know what they were doing, no lie. The staples go underneath the slate, so the balls can never hit them. Not on the edge of the slate (well I mean the wood board attached to the slate).

I'm not a table mechanic, but have been around pool halls for 25 years, and have a GC in my house. Anytime there is ANY metal inside a pocket, it will 100% scratch the balls.

Those pockets are designed from the factory for those screws you see. But notice how far deep they are set from the surface? That is why they don't hit the ball.

Old
  (#22)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2020, 06:04 PM

Take those balls out of play until you remove those damn sinker nails.

At least you can replace individual balls from places like PoolDawg, but it still should never have happened.

Sorry to see that.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#23)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2020, 07:23 PM

Yes, looks like you found the source. No, I donít believe Iíd give that same installer the opportunity to correct. Bite the bullet and hire someone reputable to repair and reinstall the pockets as they should have been done in the first place.

Old
  (#24)
smoochie
Registered

08-03-2020, 06:58 AM

Can I fix it by myself? can someone teach me how to fix them? maybe a youtube video instruction would be nice.

In the meantime I might buy them cheap $15 balls, would you think this is a good idea, or just try to fix it.

Old
  (#25)
smoochie
Registered

08-03-2020, 07:11 AM

I just spoke to another repairman, he gave me an advise that if all pockets has the big screw which you can see in the photos with big circular whole from the manufactorer, then I should just remove the nails as I dont need them.

anyone agree? should I just remove the nails?

Old
  (#26)
smoochie
Registered

08-03-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post

Those pockets are designed from the factory for those screws you see. But notice how far deep they are set from the surface? That is why they don't hit the ball.
if each pockets has these two screws from the factory, should I just get rid of the nails all together? why did he even put the nails, I don't get it.

Old
  (#27)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
08-03-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochie View Post
if each pockets has these two screws from the factory, should I just get rid of the nails all together? why did he even put the nails, I don't get it.
As said....the guy who did it knew just enough to make trouble.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#28)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

08-03-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochie View Post
Yes, get rid of the screws/nails/tacks other than the big ones that are supposed to be there in the recessed holes that are well below the surface of the pocket liner where a ball can’t possibly hit them.

Some tables have cheaper pocket liners without the recessed holes, which I’m guessing is why he may have thought he needed to use them.

If you wanted to start over with new pocket liners so you wouldn’t be looking at those old unsightly hole marks, you could order a set from Brunswick or from a dealer and you should be able to install them yourself.

Last edited by ChrisinNC; 08-03-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Old
  (#29)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

08-03-2020, 08:38 AM

Probably one of the pockets there is an exposed screw or something.

Old
  (#30)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

08-03-2020, 08:55 AM

Below are the pictures from my table, a GC4. The cloth was installed in 2012. Its a drop pocket table, and the pockets are a slightly different design (they are flush to the corner casting, while yours are proud of the corner casting). But the inside and how it mounts to the table with the two screws should be the same. I believe I've seen on here from the professional mechanics that you can also mount this newer style flush pocket from a GC4 on any of the older GC 1,2,3 tables. I may be wrong on this.

<=== I'm not a mechanic, and there are some great ones on this forum that can help you better.

Name:  IMG_0266.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  117.9 KB
Corner pocket. Only the two Allen key head screws are used.

Name:  IMG_0267.jpeg
Views: 109
Size:  120.4 KB
Corner pocket. The rubber of the pocket continues the line of the cloth.

Name:  IMG_0268.jpeg
Views: 114
Size:  127.7 KB
Corner pocket slate edge. Staples are underneath, not on the edge.

Name:  IMG_0269.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  129.8 KB
Side pocket. Same two screws.

Name:  IMG_0270.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  144.2 KB
Side pocket. No staples on edge. (Note, there is an even better way to do this, with one extra piece of cloth. One of the mechanics will probably post a picture for you in this thread.

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: