Filler and TRex. Tue -Wed at Roys

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His super tight magic has probably prevented 5000 kids from taking up the sport.
Seriously. Watching beginners at California Billiards miss ball after ball makes you wonder why anyone bothers to pick up pool.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think if they can set up a Billy Thorpe vs Filler set, it would be huge for 1p. 2x DCC 1p champ vs all-world #1 pool player. Throw in a couple Predator cues and a jb case, they can raise 10-15K in raffle easy for the players(similar to the Filler vs DD raffle, 15K+).

Pool scene needs matches like this to garner excitement.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was Filler betting his own or was he backed by Roy - and if he was backed what was the split?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The previous higher stakes match has been backed by Roy, so I assume this one too. He probably let Filler bet some of his own against Tony too.

I don't think anyone know the specifics.

Plus the raffle money, I'm sure Filler walked away happy money wise.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The previous higher stakes match has been backed by Roy, so I assume this one too. He probably let Filler bet some of his own against Tony too.

I don't think anyone know the specifics.

Plus the raffle money, I'm sure Filler walked away happy money wise.

I thought the raffles were for Aranas and his little one?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bullseye! Impossible to watch. That is the difference between the One Pocket Games must people are use to watch to the One Pocket Games played on Pool Halls that caters to One Pocket Players that play for money.
It is all about the money when it comes to TV and video watching. I understand that clearly. But when you go and play One Pocket for cash at any Pool Hall that caters to One Pocket players, you better be ready to play on tables under 4” pockets.., and this is not my Honest Opinion.., it is the truth.

I've played 1pocket on tables set up like that and the game becomes something other than 1pocket.

You need a reasonably tough target but you also want to be able to shoot the full compliment of shots that make the game interesting and exciting.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously. Watching beginners at California Billiards miss ball after ball makes you wonder why anyone bothers to pick up pool.

I've seen the same thing.

Guys come into the room and get on these tough 9' Diamonds for the first time and look foolish. It may be great for serious players but it's probably killed a lot on interest in the sport amongst casual players.

Lou Figueroa

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played 1pocket on tables set up like that and the game becomes something other than 1pocket.

You need a reasonably tough target but you also want to be able to shoot the full compliment of shots that make the game interesting and exciting.

Lou Figueroa

On super tight equipment there will be sell outs more frequently. After moving for inning after inning one might be left with only the option of a really hard shot.

If you miss that shot you sell out. Most players even good ones can't make every hard shot into really tight pockets.