Mods please read

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me thinks...

Owners should decide on what's allowed to be posted. One thing about "politics" and their discussions is it can be very revealing as to what kind of a person one is, what their core values and beliefs are and whether they love his great nation and our Constitution.

On the other hand, I am somewhat surprised by the never ending character assassination's that take place on this forum, they go on and on and many with little knowledge just pile on who ever is in season.

Being honest and stating ones beliefs and opinions is not allowed any more as it will hurt some ones feelings some where, some place, some how, etc.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The original complaint was about politics in the main forum. And it has been happening more and more often. And its bullshit when it does. It does not belong there. And that includes the funny pic thread, who now pretty much only has the NPR regulars posting in it.

As to NPR, someone brought up a separate forum for politics only. My thoughts are that politics and religion dont belong here at all. But if there were to be 2 sub forums for non pool related content, I personally believe it would be better than what is currently here. And when I say better, Im talking in terms of participation.

NPR is toxic, and most people dont want to hear the bullshit that is talked about there, including some of the thread titles themselves. Thats why its usual participation is limited to whatever the number is, 12-20 regular NPR posters. I would have to count to give an accurate number, might even be lower than that.

Its just like the aiming forum. It got moved, cause it was no longer about aiming. It is nothing more than a pissing contest, and people got sick of that shit in the main forum too.

There are people/posters who would quite possibly enjoy a place to talk about their cars, or gardening etc without having to look through a cesspool to do so. And my comment about asking the wrong people was in reference to that.

I totally understand and I’m a NPR regular and I do believe we need a separate forum due to the spam-like nature of what it is now.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The original complaint was about politics in the main forum. And it has been happening more and more often. And its bullshit when it does. It does not belong there. And that includes the funny pic thread, who now pretty much only has the NPR regulars posting in it.

As to NPR, someone brought up a separate forum for politics only. My thoughts are that politics and religion dont belong here at all. But if there were to be 2 sub forums for non pool related content, I personally believe it would be better than what is currently here. And when I say better, Im talking in terms of participation.

NPR is toxic, and most people dont want to hear the bullshit that is talked about there, including some of the thread titles themselves. Thats why its usual participation is limited to whatever the number is, 12-20 regular NPR posters. I would have to count to give an accurate number, might even be lower than that.

Its just like the aiming forum. It got moved, cause it was no longer about aiming. It is nothing more than a pissing contest, and people got sick of that shit in the main forum too.

There are people/posters who would quite possibly enjoy a place to talk about their cars, or gardening etc without having to look through a cesspool to do so. And my comment about asking the wrong people was in reference to that.

Seems like you've spent a lot of time in NPR for someone that thinks it's " toxic ".

If you can't stand it, don't open it up.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The NEW tab allows you to see all new post/threads posted and political threads are flooded there. It should probably be removed from there.

Also NPR gets spammed with political threads where others would still like to talk about other things.

Nothing is being taken away. There are proposing the addition of political sub.

That has been the problem from day 1 actually. When people became aware of what goes on in the NPR forum they started complaining. I agree with you on taking if off the New Tab.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like you've spent a lot of time in NPR for someone that thinks it's " toxic ".

If you can't stand it, don't open it up.

Politics were not allowed in the NPR forum until 2007 when a black guy started to run for president. At that point, the non pool related forum on here turned to complete shit. Dont believe me, start looking January of 2007. Obama announced he was running in February, then by July 2007, the shitshow had begun.

Again, there USED to be a forum for people to discuss non pool related things.

Now there is a sub forum for a dozen or so people to pound their chest and claim theyre right while parroting their favorite news source. All the while, they are mostly just spewing bullshit, intolerance, and hatred.

I have seen more than one thread where some of the posters in NPR were fantasizing about killing their fellow countrymen over political disagreement. One dumb fooking douchebag even used the phrase "Keep your powder dry" as if a civil war was coming and he was READY!

And let me be clear. Im not a democrat, and Im not a republican. I was born with a brain, and have retained the ability to use it. Im pointing out stupidity, and that knows no side or party.

So to recap.

There used to be a place here for forum members to discuss non pool related things.

In 2007 Dave Wilson (then moderator) allowed politics in NPR for whatever reason. Then as I said, the shitshow of a bunch of middle aged white guys who are unhappy in life for whatever reason started posting their hatred and bullshit about whoever they feel fooked them over.

I used to be a "gold" member, in part because I was selling things on here. But continued to support the site even after I stopped selling, cause I like the site. Ive been reading it over 15 years.

But when the moderators seemingly racist bullshit became more and more apparent, I and several others chose to stop financially supporting AZB. Here is that time frame and a thread to show what Im talking about.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=430599&highlight=renewing

Leaving NPR as a political cesspool for the same dozen guys is a mistake IMO. However as I have said, its Mike Howertons house, he can run it however he sees fit.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Well today in NPR has been no different for me than most days. Full of personal attack and I rethought my position. Burn it down as far as I'm concerned.
You are right there are the same ones posting, the same ones personally attacking and its never going to change. There are a ton more lurkers there than there are
actual posters. Perhaps if it were less political then maybe it will die. It would only fulfill the self fulfilling prophecy of what normally happens when you don't respect the things you have.

The boyz can get their politics on another site. There are plenty out there. Most of them are too cheap to go gold anyway.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Politics were not allowed in the NPR forum until 2007 when a black guy started to run for president. At that point, the non pool related forum on here turned to complete shit. Dont believe me, start looking January of 2007. Obama announced he was running in February, then by July 2007, the shitshow had begun.

Now there is a sub forum for a dozen or so people to pound their chest and claim theyre right while parroting their favorite news source. All the while, they are mostly just spewing bullshit, intolerance, and hatred.

I have seen more than one thread where some of the posters in NPR were fantasizing about killing their fellow countrymen over political disagreement. One dumb fooking douchebag even used the phrase "Keep your powder dry" as if a civil war was coming and he was READY!

And let me be clear. Im not a democrat, and Im not a republican. I was born with a brain, and have retained the ability to use it. Im pointing out stupidity, and that knows no side or party.

So to recap.

There used to be a place here for forum members to discuss non pool related things.

In 2007 Dave Wilson (then moderator) allowed politics in NPR for whatever reason. Then as I said, the shitshow of a bunch of middle aged white guys who are unhappy in life for whatever reason started posting their hatred and bullshit about whoever they feel fooked them over.

I used to be a "gold" member, in part because I was selling things on here. But continued to support the site even after I stopped selling, cause I like the site. Ive been reading it over 15 years.

But when the moderators seemingly racist bullshit became more and more apparent, I and several others chose to stop financially supporting AZB. Here is that time frame and a thread to show what Im talking about.

Leaving NPR as a political cesspool for the same dozen guys is a mistake IMO. However as I have said, its Mike Howertons house, he can run it however he sees fit.

Well said.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I’ve actually started reading over there lately. It only proves I’m bored as hell. But anyway, it’s mildly entertaining and even less informative. But I agree all the political crap should stay over there. And if you have an open mind the political cartoons are entertaining in the funny thread even when some folks take it way too serious.

What we really need is a fishing thread but I think I’d be the only one posting.
Wait a second now... lol

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So to recap.

There are like 50 subforums on AZ. You don't have to open NPR if you don't like it.

Often times I've seen that the folks that accuse others of racism are the biggest racists themselves.

You sound like somebody that wants things his or her way. If something does not comport with your ideas then it must be shut down.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member

So to recap.

There still is....it’s called NPR.

You just can’t control what you read......

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think by reading most of the thread titles in NPR you can figure out which ones may be political, just like reading news online.

Don't click on the political threads.

This.

I will, for the life of me, never understand why people can't just "change the channel".