U.S. Open 9-Ball Opinion from Pat Fleming

patscue

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Despite saving the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships for the last three years, and after hearing the published news about Matchroom taking control over the Open, I’ve not heard a peep from the Behrmans or Matchroom regarding the development; not a phone call, not an email, not a text, not a voice mail, or a Facebook post, but I can’t hold it in any longer.

I think the acquisition of the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships by Matchroom is the best thing that’s happened to pool in a very, very long time! I hope it survives many years because it will benefit the entire billiards industry immensely. It will also inspire countless talented individuals to pursue their dreams, and the sport will only grow from there.

In the meantime, I will continue to promote pool as best I can.

Pat Fleming

Last edited:

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all you do, Pat! I hope Accu-Stats will still be there!

On another note, the Vimeo streaming library is fantastic and a great bargain.
Even if you can’t get the quality where you want it, I hope you will release the classic matches from the catalog in the future.
If you did that, I would subscribe in perpetuity.

To my fellows readers, if you haven’t subscribed to Pat’s Accu-Stats channel
on Vimeo, you’re missing the best deal in all of pool! I watch it more than Netflix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Pat, I think you are correct.

Can you elaborate more on the International event you play to run now?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep up the good work Pat. Love those Accu-Stats videos. I am sure I will be buying more in the not too distant future!

r/Mike from Loogootee

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Pat for all you do.

It looks like the nuts did not fall far from the tree. To bad you were not included in any decision making about the future of the Open, instead just strung along and treated like a tool.

I wish Accu-Stats a prosperous future with an important roll to play in the future success of pro pool.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I too am excited to see if this develops in a positive way. We are lucky to have folks like yourself and Barry Hearn pulling in the same direction. :cool:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Fleming embodies everything I love about pool....sometimes it's easy to see the dark sides of pool everywhere. Pat is one of those individuals the represents the light in the pool world.

A few years back, I took my then 8 year old son Alex down to NJ to attend one of the make it happen invitationals tournaments. On Saturday night, Pat came over to Alex who was sitting to the side and presented him with his own glossy photo of the players playing in that tournament, he then took Alex out on the accu stats arena floor to meet one of his favorite players, Alex Pagulayan.

I was honestly touched that the head promoter in the middle of a busy schedule, managing players, broadcasting and filming matches, made his way over to give my son a handful of memories to go home with.

That night the Lion shot some with Alex on a diamond bar box and we stayed a bit more after the days matches were competed. It was one of those moments where pool transcended into the sport I always knew it could be...where the professionalism and talent was something a child could look up to and be inspired by.

My avatar photo is of Alex shooting in Sandcastle Billiards and it represents one of my happiest memories of being involved in pool.

This was all made possible by Mr. Pat Fleming...So whenever I saw an accustats event, or the U.S. Open coming up on the schedule, I knew Pat was driving the bus and it was going to be everything that pool is meant to be.

Pat Fleming is the type of promotor pool needs and he deserves the respect from all of those playing in, promoting, or watching pool. What transpired here was a truely regrettable situation and Pat deserved better.

Mr. Fleming, I'll support you as best I can as long as you are promoting pool with the professionalism and care that I have witnessed with my own two eyes. I'm a proud subscriber to your streaming service and behind you 100% with any future endeavours you may have.

Thank you for everything you do, sir.

Photos of Alex and Alex, NJ 2014...courtesy of Pat Fleming

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Despite saving the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships for the last three years, and after hearing the published news about Matchroom taking control over the Open, I’ve not heard a peep from the Behrmans or Matchroom regarding the development; not a phone call, not an email, not a text, not a voice mail, or a Facebook post, but I can’t hold it in any longer.

I think the acquisition of the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships by Matchroom is the best thing that’s happened to pool in a very, very long time! I hope it survives many years because it will benefit the entire billiards industry immensely. It will also inspire countless talented individuals to pursue their dreams, and the sport will only grow from there.

Pat Fleming

Pat,
That's a real mature professional statement you've made. I probably wouldn't be so kind. I feel you deserved a lot more accolades than you got, much more communication and upfront dealing than you were given and a lot more money that you made if any.
I too am glad that someone will be handling it. I can imagine its quite an undertaking. I think its fairly crappy that they didn't have the courtesy to be any more professional than they were about it. No sour grapes here but just calling it like I see it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Pat Fleming

Man, I felt the same way when I read the press release. The timing of the announcement was logistically bizarre, the day after your press release.

Pat, we in the pool world are so lucky to have you. You are such an asset to pool. You're not only a player, but you are the pioneer to bring live matches to the masses. The quality of your videos are the best, and you give the players royalties from the sale of them, which is so nice. And the Accu-Stats scoring really helps us know how the match went for each player.

You are a gentleman and a scholar, Pat Fleming. And you're also a pool player and a good man.

With all of that said, now can I publish that X-rated video of Grady, Keith, and Bushwhacker? :grin-square: [Just joking] :wink:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the classy response Pat. I have mixed feelings about Matchroom taking it over. On one hand i would have like to have had a US company still running the open, but on the other hand... This could actually revive the sport in the states

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
If anybody expects gratitude, courtesy, civility or respect from the Behrman camp, they will be sadly disappointed.

Welcome Matchroom and salute to Pat Fleming, always the professional or professionals. To the Behrman's, let's just say...

Attachments

• rude1.jpg
    rude1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2,420
Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Pat, off topic but I suggest you change your user name to Pat Fleming or Accu-Stats. You will get a lot more eyeballs and comments that way. People won't necessarily know who patscue is.

Not only did you save the U.S. Open 9 Ball event, you made it respectable again. Believe me, there was a collective sigh of relief from the billiards world when you took it on.

Last edited:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat,
That's a real mature professional statement you've made. I probably wouldn't be so kind. I feel you deserved a lot more accolades than you got, much more communication and upfront dealing than you were given and a lot more money that you made if any.
I too am glad that someone will be handling it. I can imagine its quite an undertaking. I think its fairly crappy that they didn't have the courtesy to be any more professional than they were about it. No sour grapes here but just calling it like I see it.

I agree with that....,

And thank you Pat for all that you do. We all know your love for pool.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If anybody expects gratitude, courtesy, civility or respect from the Behrman camp, they will be sadly disappointed.

Welcome Matchroom and salute to Pat Fleming, always the professional or professionals. To the Behrman's, let's just say...

My feelings exactly.

Pat, you da MAN! Thanks for stepping in to save the US Open and everything else you do for pool and billiards. If it wasn't for your efforts at considerable personal risk, how else would the Berhman's profit? :eek::(:angry:

Way to keep it classy, Pat. You live on the high road and we appreciate it and you.

Dave Gross

eddiethelock

Locksmith
Silver Member

Pat Fleming

real nice post mister... safe travels

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are the man Pat. Nice post. You have done so much for pool and I always try to help in my small part. Is was glad to finally meet you in person at the Living Legends event. It was great. Continued success.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I'm voting with my wallet. You deserve better and do not like one bit how you were treated.