Phoenix pool rooms

barber23

Chad The Bad
Silver Member
I have never been to Phoenix before. Where is the best place to play? I plan on going there in June. Thanks

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
River City Billiards on 12th Street and Bell Road

I've never been there, but a Phoenix friend plays there from time to time...

DC8baller

There are many places to play. I cannot give you exact addresses as I do not live in phoenix but go there and play sometimes. Kolby's Corner pocket billiards in Tempe on University dr, The Metro sports bar just off the I-17 at peoria exit, bullshooters, and a new place that just opened that I haven't gotten the priviledge to check out yet is sweet tooth billiards. They have 7' diamond and 9' diamond tables. bullshooters, sweet tooth, and the metro are all within like 5 or 6 blocks of each other.

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
I have never been to Phoenix before. Where is the best place to play? I plan on going there in June. Thanks

The two best places are Kolby's Corner Pocket in Tempe (action room & home of Scott Frost), and Bull Shooters in Phoenix (Ariz.'s largest room & practice spot for Rodney Morris). For addresses and telephone numbers on these two and many more go to www.arizbilliardsdirectory.com.

Roger

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet Tooths has 10 diamond bar tables and 3 diamond 9 footers. Plus GREAT food.

BVal

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
River City Pockets is a dump. Don't waste your time.

I will concur with this statement, Kolby's for pool action as it is going on from open to close. I will say that Main St. has action and also Sweet Tooth has good poker action there along with a nice atmosphere too. :)

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It all depends......

on where you're staying, what you're looking for.... and how far you want to drive.

All of the above.... and Hollywood billiards.... any feedback on that one from any east siders?

td

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
on where you're staying, what you're looking for.... and how far you want to drive.

All of the above.... and Hollywood billiards.... any feedback on that one from any east siders?

td

Hollywood Billiards is horrible, Skip and Jans has cheap table time and older Diamonds in it.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
You better hurry up. June is almost over :)

BVal

only getting hotter from here til september. sweet tooth has a bunch of tournys and stuff going on. every pool player in az should check it out. mike is putting alot of money up for tournys and doing some pretty cool stuff.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member

td
Hollywood is a strange place. I remember when they first opened they did not yet have a licence to seel booze. Behind the bar there is a mirror with shelves where you would display Vodka bottles etc. They had Cup Noodles all up there color co ordinated an everything it was funny.
Everytime I have been in there it seem that everyone is Philipino so probably a good place for some action. Also they have rack girls there that are always making sure you have a full drink and as soon as the last ball drops here she comes again asking same again? So not a bad place just not for me.

Kjs1948

Registered
Metro Sportz Bar and Billiards is a great hall. They have about 6 Brunswick 9 footers as well as about 6 Diamond 8 footers, all in Great shape.

It's at Black Canyon Rd (S I17 ) and Peoria Ave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD