Very Special Jim Buss Cue FS

HardBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Changes in life force me to sell my collection of cues . I figure to start with my favorite first. I posted this back when I got the cue:

The Smithsonian Museum decided to put together a collection of US cue maker's best work. They invited 12 people to submit designs and build one-of-a-kind cues for this collection. St. Louis cue maker Jim Buss was one of these people. The Smithsonian required that the cue makers agree not to publicize their entry or make more than one prototype and one final cue.

I was in Jim's shop in the early Spring of 1999. He proudly showed me his prototype of the cue he sent to the Smithsonian. Since we were working on a design for my new cue I asked him if he could make me one like the Smithsonian cue. Of course he said no. I couldn't let it go at that. We finally negotiated a cue that is almost the same. The general design is the same but we substituted natural turquoise for ivory and changed the veneer colors on my cue.

Now I have a one-of-a-kind Buss that looks quite a bit like a cue in the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, D.C.

133182272-M.jpg

133182429-M.jpg

156348831-M.jpg
156348900-M.jpg

IMG_0513-X2.jpg

IMG_0515%20%282%29-X2.jpg

IMG_0516%20%282%29-X2.jpg

The cue is used but in excellent condition. Here are the specs:

Handle weighs 15.8 oz.
First shaft weighs 3.6 oz.
Second shaft weighs 4.2 oz.
Third shaft weighs 4.4 oz. note: Jim made this shaft out of reclaimed sunken old growth maple.

Length 58"

Everything is straight and free from dings and blemishes.

$8500 Shipped