a few questions and observations that some on the
forum might have some insight on.

First the MOORI logo is different, the indented little
circles are smaller and more concentrated on one pack
than the other two. What is the proper logo and packaging
or did Moori have all of these versions? All of these pics are
the Moori IV.

There has been some delaminating issues with one of the tip
versions, Looking forward to some replies.

Thank you

Attachments

• DSCN1441.jpg
    DSCN1441.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,047

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The one on the left looks a little funny, but sometimes Moori print was not as clear as at other times.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
ONLY the tip on left is authentic. The others are likely either Chinese made or counterfeit that are not anywhere close in quality to the Japanese made version.

Hello,

With all the controversy about the Moori tips I have
a few questions and observations that some on the
forum might have some insight on.

First the MOORI logo is different, the indented little
circles are smaller and more concentrated on one pack
than the other two. What is the proper logo and packaging
or did Moori have all of these versions? All of these pics are
the Moori IV.

There has been some delaminating issues with one of the tip
versions, Looking forward to some replies.

Thank you

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ONLY the tip on left is authentic. The others are likely either Chinese made or counterfeit that are not anywhere close in quality to the Japanese made version.

The tip on the left is definitely the better of the three, this tip is solid and cuts and shapes real nice. I wish I would have jumped on a full box when I had the chance.

afftonbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would a Certificate of Authentication help?

There has been so much talk about Moori tips lately I felt compelled to call one of my suppliers concerning fakes. CUE & CASE SALES sells packaging that looks like the middle photo in the OP's posting. There are 8 dimples in straight rows that bind the clear plastic to the foil back. They are not in a circular pattern or smaller dimples. My sales rep assured me C&C buys direct. The Moori tip boxes are kept under lock and key and only a member of the management team can get to them for shipping. I told her about the different photos that have been on this sight - there does not seem to a pat answer. The rep called me back after talking to a big shot with in the company. They have offered to send me a certificate of authentication.

Would it serve any purpose to post such a certificate on here?

As an aside, does anyone know who the mysterious "master US distributor" is?

Big Al

PS: The tips supplied to me ribbon beautifully and shape like butter with no returns.

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all due respect Martin, I got a Moori Q that looks most like the one on the far right from Seyberts. I'm inclined to think it is genuine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does one get an authentic Moori tip? I just started playing again and haven't found a tip I really like yet.In the past(10 years ago) I liked Moori's. Kamui's aren't floating my boat and a tiger everlast is not bad. What else might someone recommend? I'd really just like authentic Moori mediums though.

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think Martin has it nailed.

Notice that he says "Chinese made (wait for it, here comes the big one) OR counterfeit."
Chinese made OR, yes OR, counterfeit.

Read it a couple times. Think about it.

Martin, good job!

Robin Snyder

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Martin has it nailed.

Notice that he says "Chinese made (wait for it, here comes the big one) OR counterfeit."
Chinese made OR, yes OR, counterfeit.

Read it a couple times. Think about it.

Martin, good job!

Robin Snyder

You got it Robin. I'm not going to belabor this as I really don't give a hoot and its not going to matter. There is a visual quality difference between the tips as well. Let the buyer beware. Hideo O'Hara is the ONLY authorized Moori tip distributor to North America right now. I asked to be listed on Mr. Moori's website as an authorized reseller and was told no--that I could be listed on some future website of the official distributor. That took the wind out of my sails (or sales) for investing in and selling Moori tips on a larger scale. I basically got what I did for the guys in my network and my own use.

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is it not possible all three came from Moori at different times?
Which would account for the difference in packaging and logo print.
Just throwing out another possibility.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've purchased two Moori J tips from Joe Rackem' on eBay and they are beauties.
The packaging looks exactly like the one on the left in the picture above. If they are
not genuine they are great tips. I would trust Joe 100%.

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Is it not possible all three came from Moori at different times?
Which would account for the difference in packaging and logo print.
Just throwing out another possibility.

I think that is possible but "came from Moori" is not the same as manufactured in Japan by Moori. The tips I had to exchange "came from Moori." Let's also admit the obvious. For a long time including now there are lots of fake tips of nearly every significant brand in the marketplace.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
I trust Nielsens billiards and Joe Rackem...Oh his web site the one on left looks exactly like the ones he sells.....The 2 on the right do not....

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
I am going to post a few pictures and see what you guys think before I say anything.

The moori medium tips I have are delaminating, they did from day one of getting them and they are still falling apart.

Regardless if these tips are the real deal or not they are total junk.
I guess I will be tossing a few hundred bucks of tips away .

I will not be buying Moori tips any more, I feel its is up to Moori to protect there customers too and send out up dates of whats the real moori tips from japan.
VS the copy cat tips out of China .
And how does china getaway with breaking these laws ...