A Little Christmas Cheer

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gail went out yesterday for some holiday cheer with a girlfriend, Amber.

As you would expect, they chatted about this and that, and as the time and the wine went by the inevitable subject of husbands came up and they caught up with whatever they think the men folk were up to.

So at one point Amber says, “Mike bought an old Victrola and put it in our living room.”

And Gail is like, “You mean one of those big things with the huge horn coming out the top?!”

And Amber confirms that indeed, this purchase was made. “It doesn’t even work. The arm for the turntable is missing. But he loves it. So I told him he had three months to get it fixed and usable if he wanted to keep it.” Then she sheepishly confesses, “That was two years ago. It’s still sitting in our living room.”

So Gail says, “Well, how’d you feel about a ball polisher in your room?”

And Amber Goes, “A ball polisher?! What’s that?”

And Gail says, “It cleans pool balls. Lou told me he was going to buy one and I’m thinking it’s going to be this small thing and the next thing I know he’s bringing in this huge black box into the house. It’s big enough to make into a side table.”

And Amber queries, “You have to take your own pool balls to the pool room?”

And Gail says, “No. But Lou likes to use his own balls. He says it’s better that way. It sits in our loft right next to this really nice leather chair I like to sit in.”

They sip wine in silence for a few minutes, Amber takes a last sip and finally says, “OK. You win.”

Lou Figueroa
Merry Christmas

Last edited: