Lysol Spray on Simonis Cloth. Will it disinfect? Damage to cloth?

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Getting bored playing by myself for the past couple weeks. Considering having one person at a time over, and keeping our distance. Chairs setup on opposite ends of the table, etc. What about things we touch? The rails are easy enough to hit with a disinfecting wipe, but what about the cloth we're constantly touching? Will Lysol spray damage the cloth in any way? Will it even do its job on cloth? Thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• Lysol.JPG
    Lysol.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 625

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I wouldn't do anything you are considering. There is no reasonable home remedy safe way to have two people in the same room if you think one might be contagious. And I doubt that stuff would be safe on the cloth.
Sent from the future.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You live in Minnesota- can you wait a few more weeks or so until your state/ local area shows no new cases of the virus? Why take that chance- this is temporary; challenge yourself to new drills, etc.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Getting bored playing by myself for the past couple weeks. Considering having one person at a time over, and keeping our distance. Chairs setup on opposite ends of the table, etc. What about things we touch? The rails are easy enough to hit with a disinfecting wipe, but what about the cloth we're constantly touching? Will Lysol spray damage the cloth in any way? Will it even do its job on cloth? Thoughts appreciated.
Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind why it isn’t such a good idea or you wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of starting this thread. I’d just keep up with the solo practice for now if I were you. I Doubt you’d be able to relax and enjoy the session anyway!

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just brush it down if you don't have it. As far as your hands, and as you probably know, keeping them clean is most important factor because you eat and rub your eyes. There is no other precautions given for COVID-19 that do not parallel the common cold, so treat it like the flu. So reference the CDC site for precautions of COVID-19 and/or flu (the page is nearly identical).

Also, it's nice to see somebody who is going to care to take precautions and at the same time realize they must keep on living :) I'm in a state without a mandatory quarantine (as it's already in every county and bordering county to the state) but every pool hall is still closed. Although 2 are opening back up on Monday (along with hundreds of other businesses), they are too far for me to drive to (I'm not at the point of driving 1.5 hours yet, so in quarantine I remain :).

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
I noticed here they would spray a fine mist of alcohol over the table. If you did that to your hands then the table should be safe.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't have anyone over for a while. My $.02.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well...,

A lite spraying of Lysol will not damage your cloth or table. Lysol is also effective against "SARS Coronavirus" its listed on the back of every can and has been for many years, not the same as what we are all dealing with today, but similar.

If both of you are going to wear gloves on both hands, wear a mask and keep your distance, then one person at a time sounds safe, but..,

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know what Lysol does to Simonis, but if you use disinfecting wipes on your hands, you won't need to spray the cloth. Have you been able to limit your exposure, or are you forced to have contact? What about your potential opponent? Any vulnerable people in your household? Consider the risks, are you able to mitigate them? You are from MN, so there is at least a good chance, that you are not an idiot.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Been on a regular basis using a kitchen wash size towel, a soft one, dampened real
good, then add a ounce or so of the Lysol, it has the purple flowers on it.

And then, also add 1/4 - 1/2 ounce of woolite, get it all good and soggy suds'e,
fold it into 1/4's, should be slightly bigger than your hand.

Catch an edge of the fold holding the cloth and wipe the table cloth down in big
swoops swiftly keeping the wet even, you can go back and forth a couple of times.
You will know if you got it maybe too wet if it hasn't dry out in 10. or so.
It has a nice fresh smelly clean look.

It is said to also tighten the cloth a little over time. and that was on simonis, I'm gorina. rolling good.

I've done it several times already, been taking the chance these last couple weeks,
know the drill, good hygiene coming and going, been up to 3 players, couple 3 times a week. work for all is at home.

Everybody seems OK so for,
other than that Jackie Gleason " what in the hell is this world coming to!?'

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I noticed here they would spray a fine mist of alcohol over the table. If you did that to your hands then the table should be safe.

yeah but if either guy breaks hard the microscopic covids can come tumbling out of their nostrils onto the cloth then transfer onto a bridge hand and well, you know the rest...:poke::scratchhead::shocked2:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Make sure you also Lysol your balls and remember in pocket pool home games only. No away games.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Appreciate the input, suggestions, etc. I'm still on the fence about this. Not so much a question of whether I can create a safe environment anymore, I also need to consider that I'm leading by example here to a wife that thinks she can just go to anyone's house at anytime lol Thanks again. Stay safe! Let's get back to pool!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appreciate the input, suggestions, etc. I'm still on the fence about this. Not so much a question of whether I can create a safe environment anymore, I also need to consider that I'm leading by example here to a wife that thinks she can just go to anyone's house at anytime lol Thanks again. Stay safe! Let's get back to pool!
Covid-19 is WAAAY more contagious than the flu. You can be contagious well before showing any signs. Is a few games pool really worth it? Just do drills(Darren Appleton's YT has good ones) and play Mr. Ghost.

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just be happy you have an actual table and can hit billiard balls, while the other 99,8% of players screw their cues and hit imaginary balls on their desk.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
following up on the little things

some table prep has more than others,
be sure to get the racks also, on both sides,

clean1.jpg

clean2.jpg

and the maps

clean3.jpg

and the key board and mouse.

clean.jpg

:wink:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just have some 'Tussin, shake hands, lag for the break, and get it on.