Pool Rooms in Golden/Arvada, CO?

Drater

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm thinking of heading out to the Golden/Arvada, CO area soon for a week-long vacation.

Can anyone recommend decent pool rooms where I won't need to bring a gun to play some crappy pool and get my drink on?

eric

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm really only aware of a couple of places with 9 footers here in the Denver area. I frequent Table Steakes (soon to be Billiard Ink), and Charlies. Table Steaks seems more accessable based on where you'll be staying. It's down south on Broadway and Floyd I believe, but you may want to look it up to be sure. Their new staff doesn't put up with any crap, the food is good and affordable, and the level of play is pretty good. It won't take you but 15 minutes of walking in the door before ATM will approach you for some cheap sets!
dave

Drater

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm really only aware of a couple of places with 9 footers here in the Denver area. I frequent Table Steakes (soon to be Billiard Ink), and Charlies. Table Steaks seems more accessable based on where you'll be staying. It's down south on Broadway and Floyd I believe, but you may want to look it up to be sure. Their new staff doesn't put up with any crap, the food is good and affordable, and the level of play is pretty good. It won't take you but 15 minutes of walking in the door before ATM will approach you for some cheap sets!
dave

Yeah, I saw Table Steaks on Google. It looks like a 25min drive from where I'll be staying. That'll be a fun cab-ride back.

Are you the one lucky enough to be known as "ATM"?

eric

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Table Steaks

Table Steaks / Billiards Ink (Englewood not Aurora) is where all of the action is right now.
Gabe Owen has been there for the last week, and John Schidt & Earl Strickland did a great exhibition last night.
ATM Andy is the house player as well as Mark Haddad and others.
With Gabe in town we are calling ATM the house loser.

Charlies is a good place and closer to Arvada and Golden.
107th & Melody Drive.

Greenfields in Lakewood is a good place.
Several bar box tables, decent food, nice bar, no kids.

If you need any more info let me know.

Drater

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table Steaks / Billiards Ink (Englewood not Aurora) is where all of the action is right now.
Gabe Owen has been there for the last week, and John Schidt & Earl Strickland did a great exhibition last night.
ATM Andy is the house player as well as Mark Haddad and others.
With Gabe in town we are calling ATM the house loser.

Charlies is a good place and closer to Arvada and Golden.
107th & Melody Drive.

Greenfields in Lakewood is a good place.
Several bar box tables, decent food, nice bar, no kids.

If you need any more info let me know.

Dang, sounds like I should have gone out there this week! Earl hangs out at a local spot here in Greensboro, so it's not all that exciting to see him, but I've never met JS or GO.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out Table Steaks at least one day, and probably Charlies too. It's definitely closer to where I'm staying, plus "Charlies" is the name of the room where I first starting playing pool. Charlie died years ago and his room went with him. He's also the bastard that got me hooked on Crown Royal. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't go to Charlies. :confused:

eric

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Crown

Dang, sounds like I should have gone out there this week! Earl hangs out at a local spot here in Greensboro, so it's not all that exciting to see him, but I've never met JS or GO.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out Table Steaks at least one day, and probably Charlies too. It's definitely closer to where I'm staying, plus "Charlies" is the name of the room where I first starting playing pool. Charlie died years ago and his room went with him. He's also the bastard that got me hooked on Crown Royal. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't go to Charlies. :confused:

eric

Earl is a kick, but he really needs to come out of his shell and say how he really feels about his game, jump cues,
and if it were up to him all pool tables would be 5 x 10.
He really put on a great exhibition with a combination of trick shots and amazing stroke shots.

I'll do a Crown with you.
A designated driver is recommended.

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit me up when and if you go to Charlies. That's pretty much where I call home simply by default of location. I'll agree with most however, that Table Steaks of late is the place to be.
dave

Drater

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit me up when and if you go to Charlies. That's pretty much where I call home simply by default of location. I'll agree with most however, that Table Steaks of late is the place to be.
dave

Cool. When my plans solidify I'll let ya know.

eric

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Tokyo-dave"s wife and daughter come back tonight from a 3 month summer vacation, so I'm going to be regulated to weekend warrior status! Damn, finally starting to get a bit of a stroke too!
dave

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Tokyo Dave

"Tokyo-dave"s wife and daughter come back tonight from a 3 month summer vacation, so I'm going to be regulated to weekend warrior status! Damn, finally starting to get a bit of a stroke too!
dave

If you need help busting out for the Thursday night tournament I can come up with an emergency situation to get you out of the house for a few hours.
Just remember to clean the chalk off your hands before you go home.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Lucasi

As you know it is a one of a kind Lucasi. I think it is the only Lucasi in the world with a custom linen wrap by cue maker Chris Byrne.

No, there's more Lucasi-Byrne cues out there.
Chris Byrne's shop is the official Lucasi repair center for the western United States and Mexico.