Strange White Powder

Bernie33

Registered
We have just had the 3-cushion billiard table recovered with Simonis 300 in a blue color. Patches of a white powder-like 'dust' began appearing on the cloth & cushion edges. At first we thought it was coming up thru the cloth from underneath,or someone was sneaking powder onto their hands, but I now suspect it is just the oil & dead skin rubbing off onto the cloth from the arms & hands of the players. I never noticed this before on the green Simonis, but the blue seems to do this. Do you think this is a temporary thing with the new almost shiny cloth, that will disappear after it breaks in? Do I have to post washing instructions before table use? What's your opinion.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Bernie33 said:
We have just had the 3-cushion billiard table recovered with Simonis 300 in a blue color. Patches of a white powder-like 'dust' began appearing on the cloth & cushion edges. At first we thought it was coming up thru the cloth from underneath,or someone was sneaking powder onto their hands, but I now suspect it is just the oil & dead skin rubbing off onto the cloth from the arms & hands of the players. I never noticed this before on the green Simonis, but the blue seems to do this. Do you think this is a temporary thing with the new almost shiny cloth, that will disappear after it breaks in? Do I have to post washing instructions before table use? What's your opinion.

The powder is caused by the balls. When balls collide they come apart, this is why you need to replace your balls ever year if they used for commercial use.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
manwon said:
The powder is caused by the balls. When balls collide they come apart, this is why you need to replace your balls ever year if they used for commercial use.

BALLDUST? Even Centenials?

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People are using Baby Powder or Hand talc. If your place doesn't provide it then they are bringing their own.