Tkach vs Ussery Challenge Match Live Now on Roy's Basement facebook page

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tkach has a very unusual pre-shot routine - she doesn't appear to have any noticeable pre-strokes before her final delivery stroke. Isn't this a bit unusual for a pro player? Obviously she's an excellent shotmaker. This should be a great match, if she can keep the match close enough to keep the heat on the far more experienced BJ Ussery.

Currently 3-1 Ussery in the first set of best 2 of 3 sets 10-ball, race to 11.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Tkach has a very unusual pre-shot routine - she doesn't appear to have any noticeable pre-strokes before her final delivery stroke. Isn't this a bit unusual for a pro player? Obviously she's an excellent shotmaker. This should be a great match, if she can keep the match close enough to keep the heat on the far more experienced BJ Ussery.

Currently 3-1 Ussery in the first set of best 2 of 3 sets 10-ball, race to 11.

I couldn’t find it there but found it on YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkFMOK4lMEM

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the link, my take on her pre shot routine is that she found through extensive trial and error that she had issues staying on the final focus point using warm up strokes and that she was much more consistent pocketing balls with a more non traditional delivery. You can see her find the final focus point on the object ball and then just pull back the cue and deliver the cue ball to that point- it works for her and that is all that matters- but yes, I agree it is not a very common approach to the pre shot routine. Unless, of course, she was just taught this method by someone and it stuck.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the link.
This is a great match.
Ussery wins 11/5 first set.
Tkach with a better break but some
simple misses.
Very even match.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what i see it is NOT a very even match- he looks much more in control of the tempo.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the link.
This is a great match.
Ussery wins 11/5 first set.
Tkach with a better break but some
simple misses.
Very even match.
Just a comment regarding the venue. Yes, it's nice they are not allowing play on either of the adjacent tables to the match table, but wouldn't you think they could somehow figure out how to prevent the daylight from streaming in from the storefront windows located on one end of the table, by use of blinds or curtains? Certainly a less than ideal visual background for the table / balls for the players and for the spectators as well.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering that same thing.
Hard to tell but it looks like they
dont even have blinds on those windows

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what i see it is NOT a very even match- he looks much more in control of the tempo.

Billy is playing great no doubt.
The second set is now 5/3 Billy.
She is making some uncharacteristic
errors to be sure but shoots so straight
its hard for me to count her out.