focus problem

randyg00

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played in a pool tourni last night and I stared off great. I shot strong and missed a few shots but that happens. Then after I won I got to practice on a table while I wait and just was wacking balls around. Then when it came time to shoot I was all out of wack. Preshot routine was gone. Focus was gone. It felt like everything fell off and that was the story for the rest of the night and I lost. My thought after all this is that after I won my first match and started to hit balls I didn't spend my time wisely on the table to stay in the game. I need to fix this. Can anyone help me with this? What can I do?

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
I played in a pool tourni last night and I stared off great. I shot strong and missed a few shots but that happens. Then after I won I got to practice on a table while I wait and just was wacking balls around. Then when it came time to shoot I was all out of wack. Preshot routine was gone. Focus was gone. It felt like everything fell off and that was the story for the rest of the night and I lost. My thought after all this is that after I won my first match and started to hit balls I didn't spend my time wisely on the table to stay in the game. I need to fix this. Can anyone help me with this? What can I do?

I would say put the same focus and intensity in practice as you do with a competitive game. Create the habit of focus.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need to know how to........

Need to know how to keep the dominant eye in the dominant position.

That's all this is when it changes so fast.

When the wrong eye is working like the dominant eye even a little bit you are actually looking a little cross eyed but can't really tell because it is so slight. Especially when you are cutting balls to the right or left because you only have one edge of the cue ball to aim with and one side of the object ball to aim at.

The more shots you shoot like this the harder it is eventually to get back in the most correct position. Not knowing how to get there your kind of doomed for the rest of the night.

For an experiment I made my right eye work like the dominant eye for about 15 minutes. I also did this with 5 other players. Non of us could play up to speed after this. Some played real bad.

When a player counts on their natural ability to get the eyes in the correct position this can happen alot especially if you play only a few times a week or less. Knowing how to put the dominant eye in the correct position is everything when it comes to aiming.

Give ma a call some night for the Free phone lesson. You'll know why for sure after that. You'll even shoot much better. It will open up a whole new world for you.

Geno 715-563-8712 talk to you soon...........

geno......

Last edited:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just a wild guess here....Maybe don't do that again?

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Need to know how to keep the dominant eye in the dominant position.

That's all this is when it changes so fast.

When the wrong eye is working like the dominant eye even a little bit you are actually looking a little cross eyed but can't really tell because it is so slight. Especially when you are cutting balls to the right or left because you only have one edge of the cue ball to aim with and one side of the object ball to aim at.

The more shots you shoot like this the harder it is eventually to get back in the most correct position. Not knowing how to get there your kind of doomed for the rest of the night.

For an experiment I made my right eye work like the dominant eye for about 15 minutes. I also did this with 5 other players. Non of us could play up to speed after this. Some played real bad.

When a player counts on their natural ability to get the eyes in the correct position this can happen alot especially if you play only a few times a week or less. Knowing how to put the dominant eye in the correct position is everything when it comes to aiming.

Give ma a call some night for the Free phone lesson. You'll know why for sure after that. You'll even shoot much better. It will open up a whole new world for you.

Geno 715-563-8712 talk to you soon...........

geno......

Geno is that offer open to anyone? I have been trying to decipher eye pattern since I was introduced to it by the kind instructors here. I haven't had much luck so far. However, my wife has said it has been a lot quieter around the house with me out in the pool room practicing more. :p

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member

The answer to your question is right there in the middle of your post.

Steve