Wrap Advice

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hi,

I bought one of Brianna's expanding templates for measuring and cutting the wrap. Since the day I got it my wrap repeatability went through the roof.

Before the template I was fudging the measurement with BS or over thinking in my own mind concerning leather stretch ect. After I got the fixture, I trust it and do the same thing every time without any transfer error or my own overthinking getting in the way.

Rick

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Hi,

I bought one of Brianna's expanding templates for measuring and cutting the wrap. Since the day I got it my wrap repeatability went through the roof.

Before the template I was fudging the measurement with BS or over thinking in my own mind concerning leather stretch ect. After I got the fixture, I trust it and do the same thing every time without any transfer error or my own overthinking getting in the way.

Rick

I have three templates and that one is the most convenient one.
Nothing wrong using a ruler with MM reading either.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I have three templates and that one is the most convenient one.
Nothing wrong using a ruler with MM reading either.

Hey joey,

I am lazy and my eyes are going.:help:

I really love that tool. It takes out the guess work for me.

I love the rules with the cork backing and we have 3 here in my shop for cutting veneers, scribing point stock, and many other uses. One of life's little conveniences. 1.99 at harbor freight.

Rick

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Rick
Would you post a picture of the measuring template from lee?
I've been trying to come up with a similar type of jig, seems easy to me but I'm really lazy :)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?m3hl3o

attachment.php

Lee's left the qtinkering business.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I was lucky and got one too.
It was one of the many useful little jigs that Lee built.

Whenever Lee did make something, I jumped on it cause you never knew when he would get around to making more.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was lucky and got one too.
It was one of the many useful little jigs that Lee built.

Whenever Lee did make something, I jumped on it cause you never knew when he would get around to making more.

Blue,

Can you see any curvature in the ends? I "think" I can see some on the left side, but it may be camera barrel effect. I made my own, knowing that there should be a very slight curve, but I have no idea what radius to use.

Just wondering.

Gary

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Blue,

Can you see any curvature in the ends? I "think" I can see some on the left side, but it may be camera barrel effect. I made my own, knowing that there should be a very slight curve, but I have no idea what radius to use.

Just wondering.

Gary

Both ends have curvature since you are laying the leather on an angle and that it's going around a cylinder.
Maybe he can trace it on a paper and send you that trace.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's a good way to measure the wrap groove length? With what tool?
Thanks!

15" steel ruler with cork backing. Available from most good office supply stores, Target and possibly Wal-Mart. Very inexpensive and effective.

Martin