sub $200 shaft? SS360/2 vs Players HXT vs another option?

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A used anything for under $200 shouldn't be hard. OB Classic +, Tiger X LD or a 314-2 but it might be harder to locate. I think the ss360 is very similar to the Tiger, just my opinion, I've had both.
Really, IMO< they all play about the same if the tip diameter is the same, putting feel of the hit aside. You get used to the slight differences in a week or less.

Last edited:

nycdarkness

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used oB is like 150 or less. That's my vote. Hell predator 3rd gens are 200 or less for near mint.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SS 360/2, a really great shaft. Bob could easily charge more for his shafts, the are that good.

hallberg22

Ss360/2

Just got my SS360/2 and I'm very happy with it! Of course it's all subjective, but I like the hit better than a Predator... Can't speak for the HXT though. :D

Mychoads

Registered
HXT skinny

I play with the HXT skinny shaft now and like it. I have been considering trying out the SS360p after hearing alot of good things.

I picked up the HXT skinny brand new for 120$ to see if I liked LD shafts and wanting a smaller diameter tip. It has grown on my after mainly playing with 13mm standard maple shafts my whole life.

soon2bsleeved

Registered
Ss360/2

I switched from a Predator 314/2 to the SS360/2 on my predator 8K-3 and feel much more comfortable.

As said above, it's all subjective but I have not used my 314 in over a year. I also recently had an SIB medium tip installed which I also like.

Jim

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have experience with the HXT Skinny vs SS360/p vs Katana 2? I like the small diameter, and also a pro-taper so these three are kinda the only options. I have the HXT Skinny now, just curious as to how much better they can get? FYI, I both love and hate the Kamui Black soft...