AZ Billiards POSTER RANKINGS!! Inside.....

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Freddy the Beard=13 in his prime is coming in as a 13 for his knowledge and WORLD CLASS banking!!

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I read that somewhere but this "tournament" is hypothetical anyway. I do know FB had played with some of the best players ever!! #RIP

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I read that somewhere but this "tournament" is hypothetical anyway. I do know FB had played with some of the best players ever!! #RIP

Nice escape attempt. In your OP tell me where is the word "hypothetical"? Like you're "hypothetically" not really poolchump?

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@garczar
I really would like to see this happen. But according to previous posts in this thread. I'M DREAMING at it'll never happen. So it has to be hypothetical sir.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Iirc, he posted a few times and tended to talk in the third person. One issue was promising the mosconi stuff in exchange for donations and promptly "forgetting" to send it, sorta like jeanette lee.

It was pretty sad, even by poolplayer standards..I wouldn't rank him high on the forum, that's for sure, but the playing ability is not in question.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Lou and JB should both be ranked somewhere near the top with Lou about .0005 points ahead.

If only there was a way JB could surpass him. Hmmm.

Told John earlier today, over in the Aiming Forum, he could bet $20K in STL.

Lou Figueroa
would that cover it?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll play anybody on this list minus Archer and Brumback.
Jason

Edit - would love to play Jay at this handicap. Gather around and put your money down

Jay Helfert -5, and that's being generous. :thumbup:
I play about once a month these days but I will take 5-4 and play Banks with anyone on here but Brumback. I can be just as silly as you. But please tell us again how great you are and how soon you are going to be beating all the champions. I like to hear a good brag.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We should do an AZ Billiards Forum tournament one day. But FIRST we must rank everyone. So let's say the scale is 1-15. I don't know many people here but I'm going to take as stab and rank a few. If you know someone here personally please add on where you think they are. I'll start.
Johnny Archer -15
Jay Helfert -13
John Brumback-14
Bigkat-7
BmoreMoney-10 (He seems like he knows both the game and hustlin)
Dr. Dave-11 (Not the best shooter here but extensive game knowledge)
RFranklin-8 (He is an APA 9 an I"m an 8 so I placed him one notch above me)
Pt109-11 (From reading, it Seems like he's been around the block)
Hang-The9= 9 (I saw him say that he is ALWAYS the top ranked player at a weekly tournament so he has to be rather sporty)

I would not be a 9, I'm a B+ player, so about APA 9 level in most areas, if you put APA 9 as an 8 rank, that's where I'd be. About winning tournaments, my son and I played in 3 last couple of weeks, doubles charity event, doubles league holiday party, and Sunday in a place in CT. We won all 3 :thumbup:

If I could ever learn not to play position or shots I know is wrong and stop hooking myself on position maybe I would move into A level. My rack runout percentage is very low compared to my overall skill level.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or you could use Fargo Ratings as a start.

Freddie <~~~ 3

At first I thought I would have no Fargo rating, but then I looked myself up and turns out I do. No clue how, never played in an event that was tracked and although I played in a few leagues, that was before they did Fargo ratings. Yet there I am.

558 with a robustness of 608.

I then looked up some players that I beat most of the time, they have a higher score than me. The players I can beat have a rating in the 560-570s, so I guess I would be a 580 or something.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
At first I thought I would have no Fargo rating, but then I looked myself up and turns out I do. No clue how, never played in an event that was tracked and although I played in a few leagues, that was before they did Fargo ratings. Yet there I am.

558 with a robustness of 608.

I then looked up some players that I beat most of the time, they have a higher score than me. The players I can beat have a rating in the 560-570s, so I guess I would be a 580 or something.

Interesting. I don't have one (other than the starter) and also haven't played a reporting event or league since way before they started FargoRate. Wonder what the difference is. Maybe your league is still active. I think the one I played may have gone under.

I could make all kinds of assumptions based on guys and gals I've played over the years. But, since I can't play this game anymore, the starter rating is just fine by me!

Freddie <~~~ beginner

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. I don't have one (other than the starter) and also haven't played a reporting event or league since way before they started FargoRate. Wonder what the difference is. Maybe your league is still active. I think the one I played may have gone under.

I could make all kinds of assumptions based on guys and gals I've played over the years. But, since I can't play this game anymore, the starter rating is just fine by me!

Freddie <~~~ beginner

Fred, it's the USAPL league, and they actually are using Fargo rating now, but I have not played a league match in a long time. I'm guessing they imported my rating into the Fargo system same as everyone else in the league, new or old, and it just ended up converting.

From playing with you, I would not play you even LOL, so if I go by the ratings of the people I can beat, and the fact that you would beat me most of the time, if I am in the 570-580 range you would be in the 600s, especially seeing some of the other players I see in the 600s. I'm actually a but surprised by how high some of the players are and that some others are lower. For example April Larson is lower than some other junior girl players, and she has a stronger game than they do.

I was looking around some of the lists for names I know and how I have seen them play in person and on streams, and I know I would have an even game with quite a few people in the 600 range.